GDT: WCF Game 1: Blues @ Sharks | NBC 7pm | Game One Part 3: First Blood

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
only PP was the delay of game call huh. imagine that.

do you know the way to ref jose? Gary does!

We shot ourselves in the foot with dumb turnovers.

But I agree. The interference penalty seemed to be selectively called on us when the Sharks do the same. I suspect it was a “make up call” which is an indictment of the poor state of refereeing. And the high stick non call? Even that sad sack jackass Milbury had to make up some crap about it being after the whistle and no big deal.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
You could also argue the missed interference on Bozak that lead to the 5 on 3 powerplay.

This non-call on that play had me ticked off.

Just called interference 30 seconds earlier. Sharks player takes out Bozak, which allows Kane to enter the zone with speed and causes the slashing penalty 3 seconds later.

As I said they are human, but all I ask for is CONSISTENCY in the calls.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018

Cry me a river DeBoer! All you want are more penalties, and I thought you got plenty of PP last night.

I would love to ask him what he thought of the no call on the high stick or the interference that led to 5 on 3.

DeBoer: Blues were one of the most penalized teams unlike us.

I'm starting to think Ref Jose is really fitting already.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDizee

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
There was room for one bad game and that was it. Need to clean up the fixable mistakes and get this back on track Monday nite.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
DeBoer is a whiner. Big distinction between how he handles things, when he got most of the calls (at least IMO), and how a Bednar or Montgomery handle themselves.
This is why I hate SJ

They have had many calls go their way during the playoffs and their coach is a whiney assclown. Yet, the media sucks up to them. The other coaches I've seen don't cry this much.

But it's working for him, so I expect more of it.

Lakas

And i'll do it again in 2 minutes
Apr 7, 2016
Inunaki Village
The physicality definitely got to them. Hopefully, the Blues don't chase for hits though. It was the right way to play them if they cleaned up their turnovers.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
The physicality definitely got to them. Hopefully, the Blues don't chase for hits though. It was the right way to play them if they cleaned up their turnovers.

Pretty much this. Our turnovers is what lost the game. The hits got to them and they were all clean hits. Fix shit from our Dmen and continue the hits and we're probably just fine.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
Reposting this from the series discussion thread

Alright here's my thoughts: I never expect to go into a game 1 in an opponents arena in a series and win the game. I never really expect that to happen, if it does happen it's a pleasant surprise. Who thought we were gonna take game 1 in WPG? Exactly.

Also, we played like **** and still put up 3 goals. Jones does not look good. Bishop looked 10x better than him, if we stop putting pucks right into his chest and maybe generate some
rebounds we'll be alright.

Let's believe boys

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

From a team that tried to slew foot Parayko and hi-sticked Perron, same team that almost ended his career on top of that?

Truth is, our physical play worked them out. Yeah they won but Karlsson is obviously upset and that's a nice, lovely, red flag to me. Keep grinding them down and actually PLAY hockey and I bet they'll break wide open.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoMoBlues

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Reposting this from the series discussion thread

Alright here's my thoughts: I never expect to go into a game 1 in an opponents arena in a series and win the game. I never really expect that to happen, if it does happen it's a pleasant surprise. Who thought we were gonna take game 1 in WPG? Exactly.

Also, we played like **** and still put up 3 goals. Jones does not look good. Bishop looked 10x better than him, if we stop putting pucks right into his chest and maybe generate some
rebounds we'll be alright.

Let's believe boys

Only way we gunna do it, us by doing it. Find a way, boys.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Just play a clean physical game, you can do both. If the Refs call some BS, go public and cry about it like Deboer. Works for his whiney ass.

Also.....stop gifting the Sharks goals. Win game 2 and game 1 doesnt matter

Reactions: GoldenSeal

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
Anybody else not liking the Dunn/Pietrangelo pairing? Wouldn't it be better to split up our best PMD's?

I like it during offensive zone starts, but not otherwise (defensively). Berube/VanRyn have only a few choices for D to partner with Petro, since Larry Robinson doesn’t like Bouw paired with him.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
There are definitely positives to take from game 1. The Blues played their absolute worst game all postseason and if you take away some unusual circumstances, it could have been tied. Take away the 5 on 3 from the missed call on the interference, a lucky bounce of Dunn's ass, and the empty netter. We looked awful and still were able to put 3 in and if we clean up the turnovers, which I'm pretty sure Berube will see to, I see the Blues taking this over. The Sharks didn’t play an outstanding game, they just took advantage of the gifts we gave them.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Just play a clean physical game, you can do both. If the Refs call some BS, go public and cry about it like Deboer. Works for his whiney ass.

Also.....stop gifting the Sharks goals. Win game 2 and game 1 doesnt matter
Pretty much.

1st goal - Petro shoved from behind causes him to turn the puck over and leads to a 2 on 1 which Edmundson hilariously fails on defending either option.
2nd goal - 5 on 3 after a missed interference on Bozak, Pavelksi left untouched down low with multiple attempts to bury it.
3rd goal - Lazy and careless zone clear goes right to Labanc who takes advantage with the Blues committed to transition.
4th goal - Parayko with a rare turnover exiting the zone after an obvious missed icing call. Meier clowns JBo and undresses Binnington.
5th goal - Meier just tosses it on net and it goes off Dunn and into the net.
6th goal - Empty net goal.

All of those goals are preventable with either good calls from the ref or just the Blues not playing like a beer league team. I'm sure Berube and the other coaching staff is giving them hell and they'll be ready to come back and win game 2, it's not something they haven't done yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad