GDT: WCF Game 1: Blues @ Sharks | NBC 7pm | Game One Part 3: First Blood

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues weren't as ready for this game as The Sharks were. Now, we'll see how Berube and the players adjust. When you lose one game, all you've lost is one game. The Blues just need to be strong in all zones, and keep The Sharks from having a lot of room to operate. That means that the forwards need to skate hard to avoid leaving any gaps, The Blues have to keep The Sharks out of the middle of the ice, and they need to skate harder to keep up with the Sharks, so that the hit The Sharks WHEN they still have the puck, rather than after they've already gotten the pass off, so they can separate the Shark from the puck, and one of their own teammates can sweep it up. The Blues showed they could do that against a very fast team, The Jets. So, I'm convinced they are also capable of doing that against The Sharks.

I've always thought this would be a long series. And I still do. Losing by 3 on 2 bad luck goals, and a 5 on 3, doesn't make me think The Blues are outmatched by The Sharks. This series was going to go 6 or 7 games regardless of who won Game 1. On to Game 2! Let's hope The Blues come back with their "A" game. The spent a LOT of emotion on last series, so it was harder to stay focused after such a dramatic win. Next game they'll be down to Earth, and it should be easier to stay focused on keeping discipline.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The Blues weren't as ready for this game as The Sharks were. Now, we'll see how Berube and the players adjust. When you lose one game, all you've lost is one game. The Blues just need to be strong in all zones, and keep The Sharks from having a lot of room to operate. That means that the forwards need to skate hard to avoid leaving any gaps, The Blues have to keep The Sharks out of the middle of the ice, and they need to skate harder to keep up with the Sharks, so that the hit The Sharks WHEN they still have the puck, rather than after they've already gotten the pass off, so they can separate the Shark from the puck, and one of their own teammates can sweep it up. The Blues showed they could do that against a very fast team, The Jets. So, I'm convinced they are also capable of doing that against The Sharks.

I've always thought this would be a long series. And I still do. Losing by 3 on 2 bad luck goals, and a 5 on 3, doesn't make me think The Blues are outmatched by The Sharks. This series was going to go 6 or 7 games regardless of who won Game 1. On to Game 2! Let's hope The Blues come back with their "A" game. The spent a LOT of emotion on last series, so it was harder to stay focused after such a dramatic win. Next game they'll be down to Earth, and it should be easier to stay focused on keeping discipline.

I always like reading your game analysis.

Reactions: Bluesguru

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Well said Robb! Based on your thoughts we seem to be reading the same page. I'll tack on that in the last series we were facing elimination heading into Dallas for Game 6 and then of course in Game 7 and we fought back to win the series in two straight elimination games. So I'm confident the Blues are going to be determined to have this series tied 1-1 heading back home.

Reactions: Robb_K

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I expected this series to go 6 or 7 games. Tonight's loss was more a learning experience than anything else. We knew walking in the door what areas to work on and they got capitalized on. Not concerned with the Zebras, if we're on our game, they don't matter even though there were a few instances that they should have stepped in on just for the sake of safety.

Sharks are a formidable opponent and a good test of our mettle. The one thing I really liked tonight is how we kept up in the fight. Keep them out of our zone, play clean and for the love of god, bench Steen and start Fabs because Steen is more done than a burned baked potato.

Beyond all of that, I'm loving the Conference Finals games so far.

Reactions: mk80

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Blues need to tighten things up in neutral zone and just forecheck, forecheck, forecheck. Keep the Sharks on the outside. Do that, and the Blues will win Gm 2.

With that said Deboer is good at making adjustments himself so this will be a tough series to win. We need Tarasenko to break out in a big way.

Reactions: shmotz

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Just ended watching game. Our D's cost this game. Pietro and Parayko had horrendous game. Pietro's stick handling was… not enough words. f*** it.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
5 on 3, bad bounce off of Dunn and an empty netter. Take those out and the game is tied. Sharks looked very beatable and the score a bit deceiving. For losing 6-3 I don't feel awful about it. Blues can beat this team. It was a clunker. Move on to game 2 and forget this one.

Reactions: mk80

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Our entire game is based on simplicity and hard back checking.

Blues were a bit off their game last night and had all other factors go slightly against them as well.

Reactions: mk80 and Bluesguru

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad