GDT: WCF Game 1: Blues @ Sharks | NBC 7pm | Game One Part 3: First Blood

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
While true, the Blues' A game still loses by a goal or two tonight. The Sharks have a level that the Blues simply cannot reach and we saw it in the second period.
Yes, but hockey is also a game of ups and downs and random bounces, we're not playing in a vacuum which is why I like pointing to the Jets series as winning against a "better team" on paper. A win in game 2 completely erases the Sharks dominating performance in game 1 and then we're going back home for game 3.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Sad thing after the final score.

Empty Net Goal
Sharks scored a gifted 5 on 3. BY GIFTED meaning not calling the interference they just called 3o seconds earlier and then the slash. Both of them are penalties as long my favorite word CONSISTENCY!
Scored on a really bad bounce off of Dunn.
Then the 1st Meier's goal had icing waved off and I want an explanation why. Watched the play multiple times and can't see why. No one turned the other way or anything. If anyone knows why let me know.

We are in the game not mentioning the 2 bad d plays that lead to other goals.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The Sharks were gifted 4 goals and we splayed like absolute **** for 50 minutes and still managed 3 goals. That's actually a pretty big bright spot.
What goal were they "gifted"? The only one you might have a case on is Meier's 1st one because I think it definitely should've been icing, but even still it's a 1 on 2 and both of our Dmen fall asleep and he scores a great goal. The rest were 100% legit.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
What goal were they "gifted"? The only one you might have a case on is Meier's 1st one because I think it definitely should've been icing, but even still it's a 1 on 2 and both of our Dmen fall asleep and he scores a great goal. The rest were 100% legit.

My guess would be the 5 on 3.
Bounce off of Dunn.
Meier 1st
Not sure on the 4th one

Reactions: Bluesguru

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
You could also argue the missed interference on Bozak that lead to the 5 on 3 powerplay.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
You could also argue the missed interference on Bozak that lead to the 5 on 3 powerplay.
I didn't see that, but still 4 on 3 powerplay is pretty dangerous. There's a good chance they score on that anyway with how poor the Blues' PK has been in the playoffs. I would hardly call that "gifted".

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Wasn't able to watch the game tonight, how did Blais look tonight? Should they mix up the lines a bit, put Fabbri back in the lineup for more speed maybe?
Had a few nice hits, like always, but was pretty much a nonfactor like most Blues tonight. I don't know that Fabbri in for Blais would make much of a different. Blais has been just as productive, but much more physical than Fabbri. Might as well leave him in and put some dents in the Sharks' defense.

EDIT: If we're mixing up lines Robert Thomas needs a promotion.

Schwartz-Schenn-Thomas
Perron-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Maroon-Bozak-Sundqvist
Blais-Barbashev-Steen(since he's not going to be scratched).

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe Berube can pull of DeBoer from 2016 and all the calls go our way from here out as in 2016.
thats what id do. ref jose when they are at home always gets ridiculous homer officiating.

blues have to be better defending though, seems like they always have a stinker game like this in the series. i expect blues to rebound aslong as the refs f*** off (big if)

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
thats what id do. ref jose when they are at home always gets ridiculous homer officiating.

blues have to be better defending though, seems like they always have a stinker game like this in the series. i expect blues to rebound aslong as the refs **** off (big if)

Clean up the d zone (which was the worse it has been in a month +) and we should be ok.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
did Blues get any PP in the 3rd? I saw on twitter that they didnt call a high stick when perron got hit by 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad