Pre-Game Talk: WCF: Anaheim Ducks vs Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
What do you mean by non sense? What I said was spot on if you go look at the replay. Also if you read the whole thing you would not write that. I dont care what his final numbers were, that goal just can not go in, why was he down when there was no shot on net or even an attempt of a shot? he was sooo out of position, it was not a trick play or anything so what is the explanation behind it? Please go watch the replay and come back to talk to me.

Do you even understand how goalies move?
10/10 times, any goalie in the league will get down to move to the post for that shot.

Please watch more hockey before trying to say our best player on the ice last night was the reason we lost.

bye.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
can I complain about Patrick Sharp? he hasn't been pelted with a tomato yet by any posters as far as I can tell but darn it the Hawks need him to score already.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Look... like it or not, we lost 2-1. Give up two goals, score once... odds are, that's not a goalie loss or a defensive loss, but an offensive loss.

If you told me that Crow would allow two goals in any given game, I'd say that he did his job unless he got held to a ridiculously low number of shots against. Two goals should be enough to overcome for our offense with that in mind.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Do you even understand how goalies move?
10/10 times, any goalie in the league will get down to move to the post for that shot.

Please watch more hockey before trying to say our best player on the ice last night was the reason we lost.

bye.
Even if goal 2 was saveable--he only let in 2 goals. Meanwhile...it looked like only Shaw was crashing the net--in spite of how virtually ever single goal in this series has been scored. VanDresen was seeing just about everything.

The Ducks O was willing to get dirty. The 'hawks weren't and the only line willing to do so was broken up for the sake of being broke up. What I woldn't give for Stan to pull a Strother Martin at this point...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hawks had 4 lines that were able to score on paper with TT and Vermette, now they had just 2 and those 2 lines that were together have been slumping through this series.
If I may say I was mad as ....... when I saw that lineup.

I've been watching that 3rd line carefully because I have high hopes for TT in the future and that line plays so well together, pretty much every shift they create offense and rarely spend the shift in their O-zone, also they are making good D-plays all the time which should be something that Q likes but I guess I was wrong.

4th line has been fantastic and Shaw in it and then they broke up that line too by taking those 2 out of the lineup.
Q had 4 balanced lines and decided to brake that by killing the strongest bottom6 in the league.

I hope he goes back and Hawks win the next game.

Q's reason was to get more fresh guys on the ice, TT is the youngest guy on the roster and played what 25mins? in the last game and he was the guy he had to take away to get more fresh legs in :shakehead

Vermette is also important C in many ways and took him out too,
I just don't get this.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
At the end of the day, you can complain about Q putting 3rd and 4th line players in and out of the lineup all you want, and with good reason. But as long as Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp,and Saad continue to not score, this team isn't winning anything no matter who is in the lineup on the lower lines.

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
can I complain about Patrick Sharp? he hasn't been pelted with a tomato yet by any posters as far as I can tell but darn it the Hawks need him to score already.

He does need to be the sniper we've come to expect. But what did you expect from him last night with who he was skating with? That line had no chance of ever working.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He does need to be the sniper we've come to expect. But what did you expect from him last night with who he was skating with? That line had no chance of ever working.

Did he score with the other 2 guys?

Time for these high paid big guns to show up and score goals.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Even if goal 2 was saveable--he only let in 2 goals. Meanwhile...it looked like only Shaw was crashing the net--in spite of how virtually ever single goal in this series has been scored. VanDresen was seeing just about everything.

The Ducks O was willing to get dirty. The 'hawks weren't and the only line willing to do so was broken up for the sake of being broke up. What I woldn't give for Stan to pull a Strother Martin at this point...

Yep... that pretty much sums it up. The peripheral play was embarrassing to watch and the PP even worse.... but the fail began before the puck was dropped.

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
At the end of the day, you can complain about Q putting 3rd and 4th line players in and out of the lineup all you want, and with good reason. But as long as Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp,and Saad continue to not score, this team isn't winning anything no matter who is in the lineup on the lower lines.

True, and they should have been put in a position to do so last night, but they weren't.

By making the changes Q did on the bottom lines, and not using his last change advantage properly, he not only destroyed the bottom 2 lines but effectively neutered the top 2 lines as well by matching them up with the Ducks preferred match ups.

Look the Hawks didn't play well and the Ducks did. Don't discount the Ducks playing an almost perfect road playoff game. But this loss is squarely on Q and he knows it. Not only does he and his team know it, but so does Boudreau and the Ducks.

I don't know what the Ducks give to their best player after a win, like the Hawks do with their championship belt. But whatever it is I bet they gave it to Q in absentia.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So put him with two guys that will decrease his chances too? Doesn't sound too smart to me, but then again I am not paid to coach the Chicago Blackhawks.

OK fine, Patrick Sharp shouldn't be expected to score (making 5.9mil) playing with 3rd liners, so let's ignore his lack of goals no matter who he plays with, really.

Let's focus on the other big guns, where are they?

BobbleHeadNight*

So put him with two guys that will decrease his chances too? Doesn't sound too smart to me, but then again I am not paid to coach the Chicago Blackhawks.

And I am on my knees nightly thanking God for that.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago

This is a great point, along with the PP being complete **** last night. The big 5 forwards really need to step it up for the rest of the series.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
True, and they should have been put in a position to do so last night, but they weren't.

By making the changes Q did on the bottom lines, and not using his last change advantage properly, he not only destroyed the bottom 2 lines but effectively neutered the top 2 lines as well by matching them up with the Ducks preferred match ups.

Look the Hawks didn't play well and the Ducks did. Don't discount the Ducks playing an almost perfect road playoff game. But this loss is squarely on Q and he knows it. Not only does he and his team know it, but so does Boudreau and the Ducks.

I don't know what the Ducks give to their best player after a win, like the Hawks do with their championship belt. But whatever it is I bet they gave it to Q in absentia.
Our top players are being out played by their top players, fact. Sure, in 1 game their bottom 6 outplayed our bottom 6, just like last game in favour of Chicago. But my point is, if our big guns don't step it up and score, no matter what line they are up against, we are in deep doo doo no matter who is filling out the rest of the line-up.

I didn't see last nights game, so I can't comment on specifics of it, but what I do know is the big money guys need to start earning their dough.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Looks like it's a good thing I missed last night's game. I didn't even read anything about the lineup changes while at work, and I think it's a blessing because I would have been so mad the rest of my shift. I was clueless until I got home. :laugh:

Oh well, on to the next one. I hope I miss a good game Saturday night. Hawks need to bring this back to Anaheim with the series tied. I don't think this team will come back down 3-1 against this team.

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
Our top players are being out played by their top players, fact. Sure, in 1 game their bottom 6 outplayed our bottom 6, just like last game in favour of Chicago. But my point is, if our big guns don't step it up and score, no matter what line they are up against, we are in deep doo doo no matter who is filling out the rest of the line-up.

I didn't see last nights game, so I can't comment on specifics of it, but what I do know is the big money guys need to start earning their dough.

I get it, their top 6 played better than ours. I agreed our top guys need to play better and they need to score. But please recognize they also need to be put in the best position to succeed and they weren't last night.

They were out played last night, and Q was out coached last night. Unfortunately he out coached himself.

BobbleHeadNight*

You shouldn't be talking. You literally cannot grasp a simple concept such as icing optimal lineups.

Your check from Q is in the mail. Don't forget to endorse it.

And you can't grasp a simple concept such as the view from outside the locker room is different than from inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad