WCF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
You had me at Handzus. :laugh: No need to explain further.

I don't want to turn this into a rehashing of last year's WCF's. I watched that series chewing through my fingernails after the Kings broke my heart. I never rooted so hard for Chicago in all my life lol. All I'll say is LA's depth had some issues as well, but again, if I'm a little misinformed here I'll concede.

I think the depth is very comparable on these teams. As I said earlier in the thread, I think it'll come down to which group of top players scores more. It's really anyone's guess, but Toews v Getzlaf/ Kane v Perry/ Hossa v Kesler / Sharp v Silf / Keith, Seabrook, Hammer / Fowler, Lindholm, Beauch. Whatever group gets better play in 3 of those 5 matchups wins IMO (barring a dramatic goaltending difference)

Benvolio

Nov 14, 2013
I should be mad at this, but I'm really not.

I'm loving it. :laugh:

I miss the Ducks being the underdog.

I guess the entire NHL revolves around the Blackhawks.

Didn't you hear? They're God's gift to hockey. Hell they could probably beat the 07 Ducks without Kane, Toews and Keith.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I think the depth is very comparable on these teams. As I said earlier in the thread, I think it'll come down to which group of top players scores more. It's really anyone's guess, but Toews v Getzlaf/ Kane v Perry/ Hossa v Kesler / Sharp v Silf / Keith, Seabrook, Hammer / Fowler, Lindholm, Beauch. Whatever group gets better play in 3 of those 5 matchups wins IMO (barring a dramatic goaltending difference)

Sure, it'll be about who gets the most out of their best players. But this begins to point in the direction of coaching and the adjusting/managing of matchups. Bruce hasn't been doing much in the way of adjustments through the first two rounds, I guess he didn't really need to. But that may not be the case this time around. You could see Hartley starting to put it together as our Calgary series went on (getting a couple injured players back helped as well). The Ducks' bottom six was growing increasingly less effective with each game and Bruce didn't really make changes to regain his advantage.

Hopefully he will be a little more proactive in this series if Chicago does find a particular matchup to exploit.

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
This series is the ultimate good vs evil. Ducks being good and Hawks being the evil. The Hawks players even look evil, Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Kane, all look like evil guys. Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler look like good guys. Hawks want to prove their dominance isnt over, Ducks want to end their run and start their own dominance.

The good will defeat the evil. Silfverberg will hail as the King of Sweden after coming up huge and getting the Ducks their 2nd cup, and Southern California will be a land of glory all summer.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I don't think anyone would ever mistake Perry or Kesler as good guys.

Anti-heroes maybe.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
I watched that series and I disagree. Guys make mistakes that cost the team a lead often due to the fatigue of a long series, especially when playing against a big grinding team like LA. I don't want to argue with Hawks fans about their own series last season though, I concede to the majority on this one.
We've heard the "out grind" out muscle" arguments against LA, Minnesota, and Boston. Its frankly not true. LA won in OT of game 7. A bounce here or there is the difference between going home or not.

kaner23

Apr 26, 2015
Chicago
This series is the ultimate good vs evil. Ducks being good and Hawks being the evil. The Hawks players even look evil, Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Kane, all look like evil guys. Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler look like good guys. Hawks want to prove their dominance isnt over, Ducks want to end their run and start their own dominance.

The good will defeat the evil. Silfverberg will hail as the King of Sweden after coming up huge and getting the Ducks their 2nd cup, and Southern California will be a land of glory all summer.

Does this look like the face of evil?

http://media-saver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/42e4ceebadam-burish.jpg

And in all fairness this does look like the face of evil.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/F...s/rsz_screen_shot_2013-12-22_at_111532_am.png

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida

what did I just read

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
what did I just read
The next Marvel movie plot.

Or maybe it's DC. Who knows?

Nothing says "good guy" like baldness :sarcasm:

Lex2000.jpg

DrStrangeBTAS.jpg

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Ok, has this been confirmed or just speculation? That would make a huge difference for the Hawks back-end.
SARCASM. Forgot my emoticon. Sorry to stringing you along.

Hot Dougs Doug Sohn opening for 2 day special June 27 and 28 at the Goose Island Barrel Warehouse. $75 per/day per/session. tickets required. All you can eat.

As far as Artisanal tortillas go, according to Rick Bayless (Frontera Grill). Chicago has the highest concentration of artisanal tortilla makers in the world. Who knew.

Last edited:

Nothingman*

Then can I find your post response that the Ducks receiving the Red Carpet to the WCF? That's what I was doing. Oh, you left that out in your response to me. How convenient

I did not say nor believe that. I only said and believe what I typed. Jets are first round news/losers.

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
Ducks are gonna be embarassed. They have overachieved all year. The hawks bottom 2 lines smoke the ducks. The ducks are pretty much a very top heavy 2 line team.

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
Heres what I would do if it was Q.

Move Versteeg-Richards-Kane line as the 3rd line and move Sharp-Vermette-Teravainen up to the 2nd line as a shutdown line vs Kesler.

My guess is that BB wants to match Getz vs Toews.

Could you imagine having Kane on the 3rd line. He would badly expose the ducks bottom pairing. Cogs line vs Kane, horrible mismatch for the ducks.

Have Bickell on the 4th line because he has such good chemistry with Shaw. Bickell-Kruger-Shaw is realistically a 3rd line, but the fact its the hawks 4th just goes to show how deep they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad