WCF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Thought it would start Friday?

The email the Ducks sent out with the presale codes said something to the effect of no exact dates yet, but the WCF is scheduled to start on "approximately" May 16th. Since that is when Kayne is scheduled, I figure Game 1 is Sunday. Also there was some noise being made that his highnesses stage setup might need the extra day, thus Friday not being available.

Last edited:

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
I don't agree that it's non-existant, like the post you initially responded to, either. I know the Ducks have some depth, and expect a tough, hard-fought series. I just am stating the fact that many people thought the Wild were deeper than the Hawks, and the Wild are on the golf course.:laugh:

I have seen plenty of posts that insinuate that the Ducks are deeper, and they have some depth, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they're as deep as the Hawks. When you have Sharp, Vermette, and Tuevo playing on our 3rd line... it's hard to argue against that forward depth.

No doubt the Hawks are deeper.

I will say that both the Flames and Jets fans thought they could take advantage of a perceived advantage in the bottom lines...and well we all know how well that worked out.

Like the previous poster said...both have deep teams. :)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The Wild were "much deeper" than the Hawks too, at least according to many Wild fans... Look where they are.

There's a difference between a team not being deeper than the other and having non existent depth. If our depth was so pitiful why would we have guys like Etem, Fleischmann, Wisniewski as healthy scratches?

Hyperbole for the sake of dissent just paints the Ducks in a grossly inaccurate light.

Your Reality Check

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
I don't mean to be too hard on you guys. Its easy to think you have great depth when you play in an awful division and your first two opponents in the playoffs not only have literally no depth but they barely even have a first line. When it comes to the Flames and Jets, you can be a bunch of try hards and sometimes that'll get you in the playoffs but it doesn't mean you're good.

This is the Hawks though. The real deal. The pinnacle of hockey excellence. You guys think the Ducks are so great, I'm not buying it, I need to see it vs the Hawks.

If the Ducks beat the Hawks I'll eat crow and take crap from you guys, that's part of the fun in this. Its not personal. I just think the Ducks are total frauds as of now.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
I don't mean to be too hard on you guys. Its easy to think you have great depth when you play in an awful division and your first two opponents in the playoffs not only have literally no depth but they barely even have a first line. When it comes to the Flames and Jets, you can be a bunch of try hards and sometimes that'll get you in the playoffs but it doesn't mean you're good.

This is the Hawks though. The real deal. The pinnacle of hockey excellence. You guys think the Ducks are so great, I'm not buying it, I need to see it vs the Hawks.

If the Ducks beat the Hawks I'll eat crow and take crap from you guys, that's part of the fun in this. Its not personal. I just think the Ducks are total frauds as of now.

I should be mad at this, but I'm really not.

I'm loving it. :laugh:

I miss the Ducks being the underdog.

I guess the entire NHL revolves around the Blackhawks.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There's a difference between a team not being deeper than the other and having non existent depth. If our depth was so pitiful why would we have guys like Etem, Fleischmann, Wisniewski as healthy scratches?

Hyperbole for the sake of dissent just paints the Ducks in a grossly inaccurate light.

I would never state the Ducks have non-existent depth. I think they have plenty, just not as much as the Hawks. Only point I'm arguing. :yo:

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
So this just happened at practice, what do I get for the correct guess?

It's a guess

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

Those Jets did beat the snot out of the Blackhawks all year though.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Wow, you guys really are the Yankee fans of the NHL right now

Very defensive considering I never said they were. This is going to come down to the top players just like any series

Don't get this.

Been following this thread since the start here, there's been some good knowledge on each side. Some great discussion, then there's one comment that someone doesnt like then "all hawks fans are dumb, etc, etc".

Can we just keep it to hockey discussion rather than making terrible generalizations about an entire fanbase off one post on a hockey forum...? Just makes yourself look extremely defensive and ignorant.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
No doubt the Hawks are deeper.

I will say that both the Flames and Jets fans thought they could take advantage of a perceived advantage in the bottom lines...and well we all know how well that worked out.

Like the previous poster said...both have deep teams. :)

And I have no idea why the Flames and Jets fans thought either team had an advantage in the bottom 6. They would need a top 6 before they have any advantage in a bottom 6. :laugh::laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Basically, I feel both teams have pretty damn good depth, and I expect a hard-fought series that goes 6 or 7. Nothing will come easy for either team. Both will have to work hard for every inch of ice, and every goal. Will be extremely entertaining!!!! :yo::yo::handclap::handclap:

Can't wait!

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA

Ah, this brings back memories of the first round. We were 16-5-0 against the Central. That is actually more wins than the Hawks had this year against that division.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013

Why in the world would you think the Ducks are frauds. For the last three years, they have either finished second or third for best record in the league during the regular season? Having a better record than the Hawks in two of the three seasons. You may question their playoff record, but it is only a fraction worst than the Blackhawks. Two years ago, Ducks lost to Wings in seventh game, losing three games in overtime. While the Hawks beat Wings in seventh game in overtime, after Ducks wore out Wings in seven game series. So the difference separating Ducks and Hawks is slight. Then last year, Ducks lost to Kings in 7th game, just as the Hawks did. Now, finally, the Ducks and Hawks get to meet head to head to see who is better. There is nothing fraudulent about the Ducks. They have been one of the best team in the league for the last three years with a dominating win-loss record during that time.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

Oh the irony. Out of everyone here, YOU need the reality check. In regards to the "fraud" comment, I'd venture to say that you also think Corey Perry was faking the injury on Stajan's hit?

As for depth, the Ducks have 12 players (Perry, Getzlaf, Silfverberg, Kesler, Maroon, Vatanen, Lindholm, Beauchemin, Beleskey, Cogliano, Fowler, Despres) with at least .5 PPG in the playoffs whereas Chicago has 8 (Kane, Toews, Keith, Sharp, Hossa, Seabrook, Shaw, Teravainen).

Educate yourself.

Last edited:

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
That dude is just trying to rile up Ducks fans, the Ducks are no more frauds than the Hawks are the "pinnacle of hockey excellence". They lost to the Kings last season and are probably pretty jazzed that LA took a nose dive this season because they might have been in for another headache.

Now, to be fair, the Ducks are also pretty happy that LA had a rough season. And the Hawks have been the class of the NHL (along with LA) for several years now. Another Cup this season and they probably lock down the modern dynasty label.

But they lost to a more rugged team last season, and it can happen again.

kaner23

Apr 26, 2015
Chicago
That dude is just trying to rile up Ducks fans, the Ducks are no more frauds than the Hawks are the "pinnacle of hockey excellence". They lost to the Kings last season and are probably pretty jazzed that LA took a nose dive this season because they might have been in for another headache.

Now, to be fair, the Ducks are also pretty happy that LA had a rough season. And the Hawks have been the class of the NHL (along with LA) for several years now. Another Cup this season and they probably lock down the modern dynasty label.

But they lost to a more rugged team last season, and it can happen again.

Every team is more "rugged" than the Hawks, they don't play that type of game and it's not why LA beat them last year. Not saying the Ducks can't beat the Hawks but they won't beat them because they're a more physical team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad