WCF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaner23

Apr 26, 2015
Chicago
I'm trying to figure out how this amazing matchup strategy works. Give me an example say, from the Nashville series, where the hawks gave up around 5 goals per game on the road.

How about sweeping the Wild last round? And we still beat NSH in 6 with having bad goaltending and team defense that have both more than righted themselves.

kaner23

Apr 26, 2015
Chicago
Kruger is the Adam Lowry of this series. What an amazing job of shutting down Perry and Getzlaf by Lowry. I mean, he was able to hold Perry to only 7 points in 4 games

If you think Krugs is comparable to Lowry than you haven't watched the Hawks play which is alright cause I get that you're on the West coast and games start too early for you to watch but don't be ignorant.

topnotch

Oct 20, 2010
The thing not being considered is that it's probably Kruger's line matched up against the Getzlaf or Kesler lines. That line is truly where Chicago gets their matchup advantages from. They break even or slightly lose constantly vs the top lines of the NHL.

So Q would probably have it:
Kruger vs. Getz- loss
Toews vs. Kesler- win
Kane vs Rakell- win
Sharp vs Thompson- win

What Q does is sacrifices the Kruger line. He puts them out to be slaughtered (but they don't get slaughtered) so that he can get big wins elsewhere in the lineup.

Too many coaches playing the Hawks are fine with it. They say "lol this dude is rolling their 4th vs our best line?! Good luck with that..." That's when they've lost because before you know it Kane or Sharp are out vs. the Tim Jackman's of the NHL and it's a wrap.

It's coaches like Babcock who realize this and they force the Zetterberg-Dats/Toews matchup even though Q is giving him a Kruger vs Zett/Dats matchup.

I'm less excited about the Kruger line matching up against Getz and Perry than I was about Kruger going against the 1st lines of Nash and Minn. In the past couple years, I remember Kruger's line being stomped by Getz and Perry. Sometimes that will be the match-up and that's okay. But Toews/Saad/Hossa should see the majority of the opposing top line if the Hawks want to win.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
If you think Krugs is comparable to Lowry than you haven't watched the Hawks play which is alright cause I get that you're on the West coast and games start too early for you to watch but don't be ignorant.

Everybody and their mother has watched the Hawks play. Last time I checked, NBCSN covered about 234908 of their games this year :sarcasm:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

I've seen Kruger and I like him as a player. Perfect bottom 6 center.

He's not going to be the difference in this series

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Neither is your non-existant depth you guys are vocal about.

:laugh:

It's funny because that's the same argument every other team uses when referring to Anaheim. Ducks only have Getzlaf and Perry...no one else.

I've admitted in this thread that Anaheim is the underdog...if you put a gun to my head, I'd pick the Hawks to win.

But that statement you made is far more objectionable than saying Kruger won't have a major impact on this series. In fact I'd argue it's just plain wrong.

I get you are trying to stir the pot. I prefer talking about food though. :laugh:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Q won't let Getzlaf line vs Kane line happen, regardless if they're home or away.

Except wasn't that the most common line against Kane in the 3rd meeting between these teams this year (not that I'm complaining cause the Hawks won 4-1 and Kane had two goals)? Someone posted it the other day.

Regardless, it just seems a bit early for pronouncements like this on any of the matchups when Q has his line blender on standby at all times.

kaner23

Apr 26, 2015
Chicago

I agree that he won't have a huge impact on the series but the post above said that Krugs would get worked like Lowry did for the Peg which I don't see happening if/when that matchup happens.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
The Wild were "much deeper" than the Hawks too, at least according to most Wild fans... Look where they are.

I don't think anyone is saying the Ducks are deeper than the Hawks (except maybe on defense due to the injuries).

But to say the Duck's depth is "non-existent" is (and I know this is the buzz word on this thread) ignorant.

Reality Check is doing this thread a service...ranking up the animosity. Mind I do not. :laugh: :nod:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'm absolutely fine with the Kruger line out vs Getz and Perry. Hammer and Oduya will be out there too.

And to they guy who said that "Kruger isn't going to be the difference in this series". You're right, but only kinda. Him playing top competition in the Dzone creates matchups for the star players to be stars. It happens all the time.

It's the same with Hammer/Oduya and Keith.

This strategy is exactly why we have a million post threads every year about why Keith and Toews don't deserve the Norris/Selke every year because they don't play top competition. It's true, they don't. But that's because Q is "operation human shield"-ing with Kruger and Hammer.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
The Wild were "much deeper" than the Hawks too, at least according to many Wild fans... Look where they are.

same could be said for the Jets...and they are the same place the wild are...

Reality is both teams are deep, will be interesting.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago

And no one has said Kruger will be the difference in this series. But he's capable of going up against a top line, giving the Toews line more opportunities to create offense. And Q takes advantage of this when he has the chance to, like at home.

Kruger will give up some goals against top lines. But not to the point that it hurts the Hawks as a whole, and that's what makes matching him up against one so valuable. Not that difficult to understand.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't think anyone is saying the Ducks are deeper than the Hawks (except maybe on defense due to the injuries).

But to say the Duck's depth is "non-existent" is (and I know this is the buzz word on this thread) ignorant.

Reality Check is doing this thread a service...ranking up the animosity. Mind I do not. :laugh: :nod:

I don't agree that it's non-existant, like the post you initially responded to, either. I know the Ducks have some depth, and expect a tough, hard-fought series. I just am stating the fact that many people thought the Wild were deeper than the Hawks, and the Wild are on the golf course.:laugh:

I have seen plenty of posts that insinuate that the Ducks are deeper, and they have some depth, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they're as deep as the Hawks. When you have Sharp, Vermette, and Tuevo playing on our 3rd line... it's hard to argue against that forward depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad