WC QROUND: May 8 GDT - Canada vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Few d-mens at team Canada looked really unsure. We should hit on them. Shouray was one of them. He really can't find his game on big ice. How did he play in Sweden?

Only problem is how to stop Thornton-Nash? Timonen, Nummelin, Niemi... anyone? We are in trouble.

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Canada win if Luongo play, I know he have been training with goalies guru Francois Allaire under the lockout. And I think it have pay off as Luongo was very good in the games he was in.

So in with Luongo :bow: and out with Brodeur :deadhorse

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
I'm undecided. Surely Finland needs to improve on their scring to take that one to a draw. With the problems that Canada has with their defence the chanceswill be there. I hope for a finnish win.

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
No team from this planet could beat Canada today, they simply won´t play two sloppy matches in row. And when one thinks what kind of Finland they are going to face... :shakehead

Actually, if team Finland´s leadership has any senses thay´ll throw this game to preserve energy for important Latvia-match.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
I have mixed feelings about this game. Team Sweden showed that Team Canada isn't "a superteam" and can be won. On the other hand, Team Canada surely took a lesson from that and won't play another bad game. Team Finland has had more time to rest but then again, the team haven't played well at all. The USA game was good but not great. So, I think Team Finland will lose this game unfortunately. I won't predict any number but I'll say Team Canada will win with a clear margin.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Padawan said:
I have mixed feelings about this game. Team Sweden showed that Team Canada isn't "a superteam" and can be won. On the other hand, Team Canada surely took a lesson from that and won't play another bad game. Team Finland has had more time to rest but then again, the team haven't played well at all. The USA game was good but not great. So, I think Team Finland will lose this game unfortunately. I won't predict any number but I'll say Team Canada will win with a clear margin.
I see Team Finland playing like Canada did against sweden... but with much much lesser players...

Cono

Oct 17, 2004
Turku
Noutaja said:
No team from this planet could beat Canada today, they simply won´t play two sloppy matches in row. And when one thinks what kind of Finland they are going to face... :shakehead

Actually, if team Finland´s leadership has any senses thay´ll throw this game to preserve energy for important Latvia-match.

What kind of attitude is this?
I believe that Finland has a big benefit to this game because Canada played yesterday tough game against Sweden.

Canada - Finland 1-4

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Raipe said:
2-4 ,to suomi(if some brainless dont get it) :sarcasm:

Nice to play patriot, but let's face the fact that our team is on the paper alot weaker than Canada. And our performance on the ice has been far away from the best. If Finland wins then I belive in medal on this tournament.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
This is going to be absolute slaughter, I expect Canada to win with atleast 3 goals and 5-goal victory wouldn't surprise me at all.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
Shack said:
Nice to play patriot, but let's face the fact that our team is on the paper alot weaker than Canada. And our performance on the ice has been far away from the best. If Finland wins then I belive in medal on this tournament.

Oh come on, don't be so pessimistic :p:

I think Bäcks will improve from the US-game's 3rd period, and take some amazing catches today!

3-3 for Finland ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad