May 9, 2003
now, here!
We will have ok chances if:
- the ref dont start a penalty bingo
- no weird goals like - goaltender falls behind the net while puckholder
shoots it in opponents skate where it reflects to goal
- the refs name don start with B or S
- Canada has a bad day

And offcourse all this happens and we will take it 3-4.

SChan*

I am sorry finland, but canada will come out angry today. I dont see them losing 2 games in a row. 4-2 Canada.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Normally, I would say Finland would be put through the meat-grinder because of the loss yesterday. Canada usually has 1 dog game in this tourney, then uses it as a wake-up call.

Difference this year is, these guys just aren't in the game shape to turn it on whenever they want - plus they have not geled as a team yet, and 18 hours aint gonna do it.

I think CDA is going to play an ultra-boring defensive game (kinda Scandanavian style... ;) ) This will be two teams just waiting to pounce on turnovers at the blue-line. Finland will make less mistakes, but CDA has better snipers.

I see a 2-2 tie coming.

And to you chowder-heads who want to pull out THE all-world goalie because he had to be the 3rd defenceman all night, go watch another sport please...

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
SectionX said:
I am sorry finland, but canada will come out angry today. I dont see them losing 2 games in a row. 4-2 Canada.
Juntti-Jere will also be angry for not getting to help his country against the canadians in the world cup ;) especially the finals.

SChan*

mattihp said:
Juntti-Jere will also be angry for not getting to help his country against the canadians in the world cup ;) especially the finals.

on the other hand, the canadians migth be tired and that gives finland a chance ;)

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Rocky Saginuts said:
Normally, I would say Finland would be put through the meat-grinder because of the loss yesterday. Canada usually has 1 dog game in this tourney, then uses it as a wake-up call.

Difference this year is, these guys just aren't in the game shape to turn it on whenever they want - plus they have not geled as a team yet, and 18 hours aint gonna do it.

I think CDA is going to play an ultra-boring defensive game (kinda Scandanavian style... ;) ) This will be two teams just waiting to pounce on turnovers at the blue-line. Finland will make less mistakes, but CDA has better snipers.

I see a 2-2 tie coming.

And to you chowder-heads who want to pull out THE all-world goalie because he had to be the 3rd defenceman all night, go watch another sport please...

I agree. I am optimistic this time: 4-2 Finland, last one an empty netter. This requires that they play their A-game. If not, Canada will take this easily.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I say it will be a draw, perhaps 3-3.

I am not convinced that Canada, which looked fairly tired in the later stages of the game yesterday, can recover fully for this game. That said, if Luongo gets the start, he will be better than Brodeur was, as he is accustomed to the enormous shot totals.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Bonde 007 said:
Any word on if Rick Nash will be suspended for hooking the ref vs. Sweden?

What exactly happened? I watched the game but didn't see it.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Macman said:
What exactly happened? I watched the game but didn't see it.

Exactly. For this reason, I doubt it was as serious as some of the European posters have made it out to be. As I have mentioned, the incident was not shown or talked about anywhere here in Canada. I watched the entire game too, and didn't see anything. There is absolutely no mention of it on the IHWC site either.

Perhaps the media is shielding us from this, but I find it might be an overreaction.

SChan*

I am swedish and I didn't see it, but then again I was drunk ;)

Let's not talk about the incident anymore please. Nash rocks :yo:

Streaker-man

Oct 7, 2004
Finland
I trusted Bäcks before the tournament but after seeing some of his rebounds in the game vs USA I´m not convinced. I bet they´ll play Bäcks today and if it turns out ugly Westerlund will give Nupe the busdriver a chance.

Väänänen´s role will be big today. He has to keep Nash out of the parking lot.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Fatigue shouldn't be a factor for Canada. They didn't play hard enough against Sweden to be tired. Canada 4 Finns 2.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Finnish lines

Hagman - O.Jokinen - Kallio

Pärssinen - Kapanen - Hentunen

J.Jokinen - Viuhkola - Rita

Ruutu - Hahl - Eloranta

Saravo - Karalahti

Niemi - Nummelin

Väänänen - Kukkonen

Bäckström

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Make #89 said:
Finnish lines

Ruutu - Hahl - Eloranta

Saravo - Karalahti

Niemi - Nummelin

Väänänen - Kukkonen

Bäckström

Glad to see Hagman back with Jokinen, hope he revives some of his old magic ;)

Saravo on the first pairing though? :shakehead:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Diaboli said:
Guess I'm going to have to change my prediction then..

6-2 for Canada :shakehead

Agreed. This does not bode well...Saravo in the first pair is not a good omen :(

Cono

Oct 17, 2004
Turku
I see that Peltonen and Timonen are missing. Any details about their injuries?

Kain

Mar 10, 2005
On the Road...Again
Make #89 said:
Finnish lines

Ruutu - Hahl - Eloranta

Saravo - Karalahti

Niemi - Nummelin

Väänänen - Kukkonen

Bäckström

Uhh...hello Erkka? What the hell is Saravo doing in the first line defending against guys like Heatley? Even Söderholm would've been better since he's had experience playing with Karalahti. :shakehead :help:

Even if Canada is tired, unmotivated, rusty, whatever--it's going to take more than a miracle for any kind of acceptable score.

Canada's lines

4 D PHILLIPS Chris
6 D REDDEN Wade
15 F HEATLEY Dany
19 F DOAN Shane
21 F GAGNE Simon

23 D HANNAN Scott
27 D BOYLE Dan
24 F WALKER Scott
33 F DRAPER Kris
61 F NASH Rick

28 D REGEHR Robyn