WC QROUND: May 8 GDT - Canada vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
2-0 Finland :cry: although the second will probably be an empty netter.

The Canadian blueliners aren't organized enough and the goaltending hasn't been great. I'm assuming Brodeur and Norrena get the nods.

signed,
a very unhappy Canadian

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Good Morning! Luongo starts for Team Canada....No Timmonen for The SUOMI? Too bad,he is one of the best "small defencemen" in the world...maybe the best!

Vic Rattlehead*

Kain said:
Uhh...hello Erkka? What the hell is Saravo doing in the first line defending against guys like Heatley? Even Söderholm would've been better since he's had experience playing with Karalahti. :shakehead :help:

Even if Canada is tired, unmotivated, rusty, whatever--it's going to take more than a miracle for any kind of acceptable score.

Canada's lines

4 D PHILLIPS Chris
6 D REDDEN Wade
15 F HEATLEY Dany
19 F DOAN Shane
21 F GAGNE Simon

23 D HANNAN Scott
27 D BOYLE Dan
24 F WALKER Scott
33 F DRAPER Kris
61 F NASH Rick

28 D REGEHR Robyn
44 D SOURAY Sheldon
22 F MARLEAU Patrick
94 F SMYTH Ryan
97 F THORNTON Joe

55 D JOVANOVSKI Ed
10 F MORROW Brenden
17 F FISHER Mike
18 F MALTBY Kirk
7 F MORRISON Brendan

Those are not the lines. Why would Nash play with Walker and Draper? Morrison with Fisher and Maltby? Don't go by the website, the usually have Canada's lines wrong.

Kain

Mar 10, 2005
On the Road...Again
VanIslander said:
2-0 Finland :cry: although the second will probably be an empty netter.

The Canadian blueliners aren't organized enough and the goaltending hasn't been great. I'm assuming Brodeur and Norrena get the nods.

signed,
a very unhappy Canadian

Norrena is off the team due to his chest injury. Bäckström will probably be in today.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Team Canada has been off the ice,17hrs...
Peltonen also out for Finland.
Brodeur has stepped aside for today...his save% is #11 in the tourney.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
VanIslander said:
Backstrom and Luongo are in net?

Reverse my prediction: 2-0 Canada! :)
Why the flip/flop? Is Luongo going to score for us too? :sarcasm:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
Everest said:
Brodeur has stepped aside for today...his save% is #11 in the tourney.
He can thank his blueliners for part of that. But, yeah, he's been no Mezin for sure!

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
Everest said:
Why the flip/flop? Is Luongo going to score for us too? :sarcasm:
:shakehead

Uh, because Brodeur has looked shaky in this tourney and is good for one soft goal in an otherwise close game I suspect. But with Luongo in net, and his penchant for hot streaks in international competition, he might not let in a soft goal today.

Backstrom has not impressed and will let one in, maybe two, despite good defensive play by skaters.

My original prediction came with a then-stated condition: Brodeur and Norenna. Now I find out they aren't starting, so the conditional prediction simply doesn't apply. NOTHING flip/flop about that.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
VanIslander said:
He can thank his blueliners for part of that. But, yeah, he's been no Mezin for sure!

Brodeur still ranks higher than both the Finnish goalies. Don't know if i should laugh or cry :)

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Canada took more than thier share of Cheezy penalties yesterday...that also had alot to do with the chaos.

Kain

Mar 10, 2005
On the Road...Again
Regarding the lines, Canada has the "home" advantage anyways. I hope those lines on the website for Finland are wrong too...but somehow with our growing list of injured players and our coach's great choices, I think those are the line ups for Finland. :help:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Finland has started well. They look sharp and are skating well. A couple chances already.

SChan*

wtf i cant watch the game on mediazone. it says region in blocked :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->