WC QF: May 12 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil_slick9416*

cyclops said:
Yes indeed!! blown call........bad reffing right? they got a big break.......a big one.

yah. but why canada get shafted by the refs? :sarcasm: didn't hockey canada pay every ref in the tourny to get them to win? :sarcasm:

Backin72

Jul 9, 2004
Winnipeg
You should be used to the Canada bashing by now.

Greatness breeds hatred.

Even if we aren't iceing our best team. ;)

“Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.†– William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I most certainly wouldn't whine about bad reffing when the most blatant missed call was that highstick on Zednik's face by Heatley, under IIHF rules it was either 2+2 or 5+game but Heatley got nothing.

Stop whining.

Oil_slick9416*

Pepper said:
I most certainly wouldn't whine about bad reffing when the most blatant missed call was that highstick on Zednik's face by Heatley, under IIHF rules it was either 2+2 or 5+game but Heatley got nothing.

Stop whining.

yah heatley really wound up and swing at zednik's face

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Pepper, did you watch the game?

Since if you did, you would have clearly seen that Canada did NOT get a PP after the play in question, which is wrong no matter HOW you slice it. As for the Canada high stick, that was a missed call. But the ref missed LOTS of calls, both ways. He wasn't biased, but merely incompetent (and even then, he wasn't inventing penalties like some refs do).

Vinceee

Go Foreurs Go!
Apr 27, 2004
Amos, QC
Pepper said:
Huh??? Vydarney got 2+10min which went exactly right according to IIHF rulebook! There was nothign wrong with that call.

Peppers if you didnt watch the game please shut up PERIOD

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Egil said:
Pepper, did you watch the game?

Since if you did, you would have clearly seen that Canada did NOT get a PP after the play in question, which is wrong no matter HOW you slice it. As for the Canada high stick, that was a missed call. But the ref missed LOTS of calls, both ways. He wasn't biased, but merely incompetent (and even then, he wasn't inventing penalties like some refs do).

Agreed on all accounts, I really don't know where the 2mins went, I suggested it could be a personal 2+10min because it was after the whistle blew thus no PP for Canada, I don't know.

The reffing wasn't biased, there were couple of missed calls but overall the reffing was IMHO one of the better perfromances of the tournament.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Everest said:
I thought so...the Slovakian defence was soft behind Chara...but I thought Zdeno would be much more effective in this game. Had Chara played on the big ice,like he does in the NHL...Slovakia could have prevented 3 Canadian goals...(including the game winner) but ultimately...Chara had a very hard time handling the big line...they really ate him up today...and that was pretty much the difference.
Well, Visnovsky isn't that bad. He may be not a big strong guy, but he is not a bad defender.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Catcher.In.The.RyE said:
Peppers if you didnt watch the game please shut up PERIOD

I *DID* watch (most of) the game, just didn't pay attention to the PP (or lack of it).

Vinceee

Go Foreurs Go!
Apr 27, 2004
Amos, QC
Pepper said:
The reffing in this game was about the best in the whole tournament, 1 major mistake by the ref (Heatley highstick) but that's it.

What about the goal by nash that the refs refused, it was clearly good...

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Catcher.In.The.RyE said:
What about the goal by nash that the refs refused, it was clearly good...

According to the rules (both NHL and IIHF), when ref loses the sight of the puck (it was under goalie's blocker), he has to blow the whistle.

So he did the right thing basicly.

Oil_slick9416*

Pepper said:
According to the rules (both NHL and IIHF), when ref loses the sight of the puck (it was under goalie's blocker), he has to blow the whistle.

but when the goalie gets knocked down by a finnish player checking a canadian player into the goalie, that's okay?

rival

Feb 15, 2004
Victoria
Wisent said:
It doesn't matter if it's intentional or not. Highstick is highstick. Nevertheless was a nice game, although both defences were invisible.

Jovanovski got cut by a highstick as well that went for no call.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Oil_slick9416 said:
but when the goalie gets knocked down by a finnish player checking a canadian player into the goalie, that's okay?

It wasn't a check, it was a collision meaning he wasn't trying to check Nash on top of the goalie.

54Fisticuffs

Jan 10, 2005
PapaBear said:
And while you're at it, please put that Habshied in the hospital, make him get into a head on collison before next game I dont care!

Habshied puts Jovo out there on a 5-3 disadvantage? WTF are you thinking!!! Wheres Hannan? Phillips? Id rather put Mike Commodore out there. And why the **** are reghr and jovo still together? WTF!

Habshied couldnt even coach a monkey league, who the **** selected him.

JOVO AND/OR HABSHIED CAN OR WILL COST US THE GOLD MEDAL :cry:

This is absolutely uncalled for. Disagree with his decisions if you must, but to wish harm upon him .... you are a disgrace.

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
Pepper said:

The puck was actually behind his pad near the goal line when he blew the whistle, Lasak didn't have control nor was he covering the puck, the ref should have had a clear view of it. But Canada won on a fluke goal so it evens up I guess.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
can someone tell me who Chara was paired with today? ... it seems like Chara was absolute crap ... was he injured, underperform... get owned by the Canadian Forwards ... what happened to him???

Thanks

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Joe_Strummer said:
can someone tell me who Chara was paired with today? ... it seems like Chara was absolute crap ... was he injured, underperform... get owned by the Canadian Forwards ... what happened to him???

Thanks
Chara was under intense pressure playing against the Big Red Carnivore his bro. Omnivore...and Simon Gagne was maybe the best of the 3. Chara simply could't cover 3 guys at once...which explains why I can't tell you who is partner was.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Joe_Strummer said:

Thanks
I didn't think Chara had a particularly bad game, even though he finished -3.
He played with both Obsut and Vydareny early in the game.
In the third period he was mostly out with Suchy.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
That game could have gone either way, but the stonger team won.

The Slovaks had some great chances on break-outs, but Canada was just relentless. The SVK defence just couldn't handle the work along the boards. All the nifty scorers in the world can not make up for having just 1 world class Dman.

Onward and upward boys. :yo:

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
wassup77 said:
Your country should be renamed to Cheatada! shame on you! it's obvious that Cheatada has an advantage on all the other teams. Referees are all Canadians/wannabe Canadians! IIHF are wannabe Canadians! shame on IIHF for helping Cheatada to cheat! :rant:

We can't help it if we're so damn popular.

Anyways, about the game, that is the kind of game that just makes me miss hockey so much more. In one word, it was AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad