WC QF: May 12 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil_slick9416*

Match: Canada Vs Slovakia
Official Website: http://www.ihwc.net/english/
Online Statistics & Rosters: http://iihf.com/Hydra/Tournaments....

well, here it is...Do or Die for both teams. and the first meaningful games of the tournament for the top 8 teams. i'm really not that confident for Canada in this game but i hope they can pull through and win this game. if Canada plays a good game i can see this being one of the better games of the tournament. could overtime or even shoot-outs be in the works for this game??

anyways

Go Canada

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Canada needs to get its game engine going early, and take a quick lead. I just don't see this Canadian team having the stuff to climb back against a country like Slovakia.

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Slovakia has a good chance of taking this one. I can't wait to see this game tomorrow, should be a good one.

Oil_slick9416*

Berkut said:
Slovakia has a good chance of taking this one. I can't wait to see this game tomorrow, should be a good one.

slovakia has a huge chance to win the this game. i can see canada losing if they don't play thier VERY BEST.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
I´m vey afraid the ref will decide this game to Canada´s favor. We all saw that Canada gets special treatment from the IIHF with the Nash incident.

Let´s all hope and pray that Slovakia will get fair treatment from the ref. But I´m just afraid it won´t happen.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Peter25 said:
I´m vey afraid the ref will decide this game to Canada´s favor. We all saw that Canada gets special treatment from the IIHF with the Nash incident.

Let´s all hope and pray that Slovakia will get fair treatment from the ref. But I´m just afraid it won´t happen.
stop whining.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
very true. slovaks showed a lot of gut already, they can totally upset canada considering that canada has weak defence. jovo sux.

Oil_slick9416 said:
slovakia has a huge chance to win the this game. i can see canada losing if they don't play thier VERY BEST.

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
Fish on The Sand said:
stop whining.

He's right. It seems IIHF is trying to make W. Champinships more popular overseas, and the Canada-US final would be very helpful for that purpose.

So I also hope the refs will be fair and unbiased.

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
Czech-Slovak final is tempting ;)

Like in that joke:
Who's playing for the gold?
Czech and Slovakia.
Yeah, but against whom? :biglaugh:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Fish on The Sand said:
stop whining.

Hehe, it was a fact last year though. Canada complained a ton on the refs before the game, got Rick Looker as referee. Game tied 1-1 in in the 3rd, Rob Niedermayer slewfooted Jan Lasak behind the net, with Rick Looker only a few feets away, and Canada scores into the empty net...

The same story then, everybody could see that it was intentional and that Looker saw it. :shakehead

Macman

May 15, 2004
teme said:
Two teams with bad defence, inconcistent goaltending, and potent offence. Should be good, 7 - 5 Canada.

True. At least we shouldn't see any damn trapping. People with bad hearts shouldn't watch.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Winner said:
He's right. It seems IIHF is trying to make W. Champinships more popular overseas, and the Canada-US final would be very helpful for that purpose.

It seemed that way in the Olympics also. Salo anyone?

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Peter25 said:

Come on give it up! Canada has been one of the most penalized teams in the tourney..

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
incawg said:
yes, the only reason why canada ever wins is anything is because the refs cheat for them. obviously :sarcasm:

They whould not have won World Cup if it wasn't for cheating referees against Czechs in the Semi... :shakehead

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
Macman said:
True. At least we shouldn't see any damn trapping. People with bad hearts shouldn't watch.
Habsheid has never heard of the trap. Or any other hockey system for that matter.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Doan/Draper/Maltby are back together today....#94 is in with Morrison/Heatley....61/91/21 will have to avoid Chara/in the line matching...Brodeur needs to come up huge....
Make no mistake...Canada is looking for an upset in this game....the only qaurter final team facing greater odds than Canada is Switzerland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad