WC QF: May 12 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
wassup77 said:
Your country should be renamed to Cheatada! shame on you! it's obvious that Cheatada has an advantage on all the other teams. Referees are all Canadians/wannabe Canadians! IIHF are wannabe Canadians! shame on IIHF for helping Cheatada to cheat! :rant:

And Sweden would be Swedchoken. lol

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
SectionX said:
canada was lucky as always. Slovaks deserved to win.

That's a lie. Canada outshot the Slovaks 33-25 over all. If the Slovaks had deserved to win, they would have. Canada won with that nice goal by Thornton, they had been pressing especially during the last two periods, heck there were a lot of shots that didn't go in the net that should have. Plus Lasak helped them out on some of the shots. Slovakia was lucky that the score was as close as it was, because Canada had a lot of chances to blow the game wide open. The better team won.......

espo*

wassup77 said:
Your country should be renamed to Cheatada! shame on you! it's obvious that Cheatada has an advantage on all the other teams. Referees are all Canadians/wannabe Canadians! IIHF are wannabe Canadians! shame on IIHF for helping Cheatada to cheat! :rant:
You should be warned by the mod's here.There should be no place for posters like you on here.Why you're here is beyond me but................you lost and got outplayed,it actually could have been worse.Guys like you are poison around here.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
wassup77 said:

Oh brother, how about the fact that Canada didn't get a powerplay when Gagne, I think it was, was taken down after that goal that tied up the game 4-4? Sure the Slovak guy got a 10 minute misconduct, but Canada should have gotten a five minute powerplay. Where was the justice in that, huh?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Leafer4Life said:
Oh brother, how about the fact that Canada didn't get a powerplay when Gagne, I think it was, was taken down after that goal that tied up the game 4-4? Sure the Slovak guy got a 10 minute misconduct, but Canada should have gotten a five minute powerplay. Where was the justice in that, huh?

Or the Nash goal that was dissallowed... Canada didn't get any calls today at all.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
cyclops said:
You should be warned by the mod's here.There should be no place for posters like you on here.Why you're here is beyond me but................you lost and got outplayed,it actually could have been worse.Guys like you are poison around here.

That's right. I was trying to say that in my other post, that the score could have a lot more than it was, as Canada hit posts, crossbars, and then of course there was Lasak, who I give a lot of credit to for keeping the score close. Let's all show some sportsmanship around here, guys........

mackdogs*

cyclops said:
Seems logical to me but logic isn't in good supply here at hfboards when it comes to fans of international hockey and it probably never will be.
So true... unfortunately a lot of posters seem to do nothing but cheer against teams, and usually it is against Canada. This board really needs kids and adult sections.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
It's not Slovak fans who have a problem here, it is Tre Kroner fans.
We just saw the best game of the tourney so far with hockey played like it should be, and I'd say the better team won. The refs did not affect the outcome at all.
What is Sweden so worried about? Could it be that their team is struggling versus the Swiss and they fear Team Canada will humiliate them when the game actually means something?

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
cyclops said:
The ref sucked for both teams,period.The biggest gaff they made was no penalty on the Vyradeny cheap shot

Huh??? Vydarney got 2+10min which went exactly right according to IIHF rulebook! There was nothign wrong with that call.

cyclops said:
But please spare me from their fans who say we always cheat when we win fairly and are two time defending champs.You don't win twice in a row oiver here without earning it.Agree?

Now you're just whining there dude. Yes, Canada deserved both gold medals, no question. Just like all Euro teams deserved their gold medals in the last 10 years before Canada's first gold.

The reffing in this game was about the best in the whole tournament, 1 major mistake by the ref (Heatley highstick) but that's it.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Steveorama said:
What is Sweden so worried about? Could it be that their team is struggling versus the Swiss and they fear Team Canada will humiliate them when the game actually means something?

I don't think it's fair to label all swedish fans because of this one certain poster who has been looking for some attention through-out the tournament at these boards.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Pepper said:
Huh??? Vydarney got 2+10min which went exactly right according to IIHF rulebook! There was nothign wrong with that call.

A 2+10 eh? That was the fastest 2 minutes I have ever seen then. It's almost like it never happened.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Catcher.In.The.RyE said:
Back to hockey...

Was Slovakia the best team on paper?
I thought so...the Slovakian defence was soft behind Chara...but I thought Zdeno would be much more effective in this game. Had Chara played on the big ice,like he does in the NHL...Slovakia could have prevented 3 Canadian goals...(including the game winner) but ultimately...Chara had a very hard time handling the big line...they really ate him up today...and that was pretty much the difference.

Oil_slick9416*

Pepper said:

no no no, Vydarney did NOT get 2 minute plus a 10 minute misconduct. he only got the 10 minutes, after the cheap shot the teams played 5 on5. Canada did not get a powerplay. if you saw the game you'd know that. :shakehead

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
I find it funny that some people think that Canada got lucky when it should be the other way around. Slovakia were opportunistic and cashed in on two breakaway goals that shouldn't have happened if our dumb defensmen were paying attention, the 5 on 3 goal and the shorter. They didnt scare anybody 5 on 5. As i was wacthing that game i kept telling myself that we should have blowned them up.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Everest said:
I thought so...the Slovakian defence was soft behind Chara...but I thought Zdeno would be much more effective in this game. Had Chara played on the big ice,like he does in the NHL...Slovakia could have prevented 3 Canadian goals...(including the game winner) but ultimately...Chara had a very hard time handling the big line...they really ate him up today...and that was pretty much the difference.
Canada coould have prevented those 2 breakaway goals also...

espo*

Pepper said:

Now you're just whining there dude. Yes, Canada deserved both gold medals, no question. Just like all Euro teams deserved their gold medals in the last 10 years before Canada's first gold.

The reffing in this game was about the best in the whole tournament, 1 major mistake by the ref (Heatley highstick) but that's it.
No dude,i'm not whining,you forget they are the ones whining and i'm tellin them to accept the fact they lost.I think you maybe are forgetting just what is going down here but that's o.k..at least you realise the game was won and desrevedly so.I can live with that.But whining? i think you have to re-read some stuff.Anyway,no room for that here.........if they want to say we were outplayed(which of course we were not) then fine but if they want to drown their sorrows by saying "cheat" they should'nt be here be cause that's how it gets out of hand here..........don't forget that.you're after the wrong guy here,i think you can see that.Remember,those guys have no love for you at all.they'll do you no favors.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Oil_slick9416 said:
no no no, Vydarney did NOT get 2 minute plus a 10 minute misconduct. he only got the 10 minutes, after the cheap shot the teams played 5 on5. Canada did not get a powerplay. if you saw the game you'd know that. :shakehead

Well the IIHF website shows he got 2+10, I don't know why there was no PP.

Why didn't the canadians protest that??

Maybe the 2+10 were both personal penalties as the whistle had already been blown? Dunno really.

2+10 is the correct call, where did the PP go I don't know.

espo*

Oil_slick9416 said:
Exactly.i did'nt want to bring it up that he was wrong there because there was a bigger point.Huge break for the Slovaks and a missed call(one they sure as heck would'nt have missed on the so-called barbarians of Canada) Pepper's missing the bigger point here but i think he will get it after this.

Oil_slick9416*

Pepper said:

Maybe the 2+10 were both personal penalties as the whistle had already been blown? Dunno really.

the ref only showed the 10 minute sign to the penalty time keepers. no 2 extra minutes were awarded.

espo*

Pepper said:

Yes indeed!! blown call........bad reffing right? they got a big break.......a big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad