WC QF: May 10th GDT - USA vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaktus*

We did just Silver in 02. Canada most not be a threat them either.
WOW... A silver... lol..

While Canada produced Crosby and Staal, Russia gave Malkin and Ovechkin..

What did USA came up with.. Parise? lol

Why not? With all young talent...
What talent? I mean there are some good players.. but thats about it. Not enough to be a "THREAT" in Olympics.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Zjajajaja. Nice work team Finland, a well earned victory. Russia shouldn't be that big of a problem for team Finland IMO. Finland vs. Canada final! That'll be worth the awaiting!

Pushkin*

Usa has some good young players they will surely be better than their 8th place finish they had in Torino come Vancouver... And since usa hockey is always better on North American ice they might have a chance to make the semis. By the way Team Canada 2007 is better than the team they sent to Torino don't you think??? Maybe not as many good individuals bu a way better team. Swiss 2 Canada 0 in Torino Swiss Canada 5 in Moscow and it was the same swiss team...

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
I think most of the penalty shots were pretty weak. If there is one rule in shootout, go for the quick wrist shot in a corner (preferably top corner) instead of deking. Deking is only for guys like Morozov and Kovalev.

Ya not for the weak SO guys like Nummelin or M.Koivu

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
By the way Team Canada 2007 is better than the team they sent to Torino don't you think??? Maybe not as many good individuals bu a way better team. Swiss 2 Canada 0 in Torino Swiss Canada 5 in Moscow and it was the same swiss team...

How could you say that, Martin Plüss didn't play for Switzerland. :sarcasm:

Pushkin*

Since 2005 it's Czech Sweden Sweden who have won...Since about 10 years the #1 nation in Hockey= Czech Republic ... If you go for the U20 it's all about Canada and Russia... But if you take the last 3 olympics with "all the stars" without the home ice advantage and home refs well Russia is the only team who went to each 1/2. In 2002 it was the usa ref who did them in and last year was Malkin-Frolov-Korolyuk out and a great Finnish Team. That injury to Morozov is devastating. Really time for some players to play like they can

richman

May 10, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
WOW... A silver... lol..

While Canada produced Crosby and Staal, Russia gave Malkin and Ovechkin..

What did USA came up with.. Parise? lol

What talent? I mean there are some good players.. but thats about it. Not enough to be a "THREAT" in Olympics.

I hear ya but you gotta have faith brutha!!!

there are some good up and coming U.S. players that have been drafted high dont count them out years befor the olympics are even here!

and I gotta kick Philly while they are down! :D

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
Recent? Ok. Considering Malkin, Ovechkin, Semin, Radulov are all under 22 years old. While veteran Kovalchuk is 23. Hmmmm... yup. No future there.

hi didn't say there is no future, did he? And yes, team USA has few very talented young players: Stastny, Kessel, Parise, and few others.

Mario66

Sep 5, 2006
Yeah all those top 10 picks mean nothing...and its all about goals too.
DiPetro, EJ, JJ mean nothing.

Kaktus*

hi didn't say there is no future, did he? And yes, team USA has few very talented young players: Stastny, Kessel, Parise, and few others.
Well I do not think Kessel and Parise are top of the line talent. I do agree that Stastny is a star.

Pushkin*

Those are good youngsters but not SUPERSTARS... They don't have any Crosby Ovechkin Malkin Phaneuf on D... Must have a Canada-Russia final this year in Moscow and then next year in Quebec City...Have to bring back the rivalry's intensity again building up to Ottawa 2009 and Vancouver 2010

richman

May 10, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
hockey is a team game big name individual players cant always get it done!

im out later fellas

congrats Finland! give em hell next round!

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com

That's stubborn. Kessel, the Johnsons and Stastny may be no Crosby, but this is certainly more young talent than anybody else has outside of Canada and Russia. Of course a threat.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Usa has some good young players they will surely be better than their 8th place finish they had in Torino come Vancouver... And since usa hockey is always better on North American ice they might have a chance to make the semis. By the way Team Canada 2007 is better than the team they sent to Torino don't you think??? Maybe not as many good individuals bu a way better team. Swiss 2 Canada 0 in Torino Swiss Canada 5 in Moscow and it was the same swiss team...

Swiss were better prepared that year and had excellent goaltending. Aebischer and Gerber were both in the zone right then.

Pushkin*

There's lots of top 5 picks overral who never turn into stars... Do I need to remind you of some... EJ will be good maybe really good but not JJ . Anyway Usa at best will be blown out in the 1/2 in 2010. Now you have two great 1/2 on saturday in what is really good hockey long time no see. Well since Torino we havn't seen that good hockey.

Pushkin*

I was using the Swiss as an example if you want more Team Canada 2006 was SHUTOUT for 3 of their last 4 games !!!!!!!!!!! 11 of their last 12 periods !!!!!!!!!! This team Canada version 2007 is really interesting Decent Goaltending that's never the problem very good D better than the likes of foote blake mccabe for big ice and very good units chemistry up front except for Colby A. he is terrible. I predict easily that team Canada 2010 will have 1/3 of team Canada 2007.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
That's stubborn. Kessel, the Johnsons and Stastny may be no Crosby, but this is certainly more young talent than anybody else has outside of Canada and Russia. Of course a threat.

It's a lot of young talent, but there are few strong veterans to guide them. They've postponed their generational shift to a point where they'll have a bunch of entering their prime guys (this crop of young dudes) and no (experienced) winning veterans to support them.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Recent? Ok. Considering Malkin, Ovechkin, Semin, Radulov are all under 22 years old. While veteran Kovalchuk is 23. Hmmmm... yup. No future there.

Russia have been deep at forwards throughout the whole 90s and continue to have it now.

I never said there wasn't any future there, but the names really isn't that impressive if you can't prove that they can play a team game, which hockey is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad