WC: May 5 GDT - Canada vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
topshelf331 said:
This has been the most entertaining game so far i thought.
But,its true...I can't pick up the "gamesounds" on the tsn broadcast.

Oil_slick9416*

shakes said:
Little men shouldn't play hockey then. He didn't raise his elbow or anything. The US player seemed like he was trying to get out of the way and took the check in the head.

yah, the us player was hunched over.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Would it be too much to ask for Fisher or some other player to line up Weight the way Gionta got filled in?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Oil_slick9416 said:
yah, the us player was hunched over.

you know, IMO this is kind of like the high sticking rules. you can hit a guy with your stick in the face accidently and it's still a penalty because you weren't careful with your stick. just like you can check a guy in the head accidently and it can still be a penalty because you should be careful with hits to the head.

if it was some ticky tacky thing that didn't have the potential for some series injury to players, i wouldn't want penalties called...but considering how it can end players careers and eff up their lives pretty badly, trying to prevent hits to the head, even accidental ones, isn't a bad idea IMO.

The Joker*

Maybe the game is good, but it just lacks something because there's no sound :dunno:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Leafer4Life said:
I agree. It has been pretty entertaining. The games between Canada and the USA usually are, because the two teams are evenly matched........ :yo:
The USA is in this game...but we can bury them if we get rolling as a team.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Man Nash is rock solid. 2nd goal was work of art.
He even looked behind if he could pass to some one, but when there was no change he used his body and stick to make the highlight goal.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Not at all

Canada was able to bounce back from the last US goal quite easily

America is working harder than Canada, but Canada's just a more talented squad. I can't really see America pulling this one out at this point. Maybe with a couple fluke goals.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
kmad said:
Not at all

America is working harder than Canada, but Canada's just a more talented squad. I can't really see America pulling this one out at this point. Maybe with a couple fluke goals.
No Brett Hull really closes the window on "fluke goals".

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
kmad said:
Not at all

We (the americans) had our chance in the first period with the Power Play chances 3 or 4 of them and didn't cash in big time 2 or more goals = cashing in ... I hope they take something good away from this game if they don't come back, because they have played a really good game, imho

espo*

Lot's of action that period.****...Jo-Vo.hope it wakes the guy up.Fisher needs to see more ice time,he deserves it.Gionta is a dandy little player,wish we had him.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Modano needs to freakin wake up one of these games

it's big games like this that the US just will not win if he doesn't get on the scoreboard

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
All props to Brodeur... :bow: It's going to be very difficult to get even one goal on him in the 3rd. I can only hope............... :help:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Levitate said:

it's big games like this that the US just will not win if he doesn't get on the scoreboard

Yeah, he's been pretty quiet. Maybe he needs his good buddy Brett Hull on his wing? He needs to blast up the ice and fire a rocket past Brodeur (if Jovo lets him.......).

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Some dangerous passes from Heatley and then Morrison on this last shift...cycle along the wall...don't force blind pux into the high slot.

Roger's Pancreas*

Levitate said:

Seriously. He's wearing the C for a reason and that's because coaching expects him to step it up in a game like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad