WC: May 4 GDT - Sweden vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
is this game gonna be shown in canada? just wondering what some canadians might think of how sweden played

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Congratulations to Sweden for the win and a good game too. I knew that we have a pretty weak team out there, but today they played under their own level. The first period was good, but I think they were too pumped for the game and that lead to stupid plays and penalties. Games are rarely won from the penalty box.

Also, finishing touch was nowhere to be seen. The team has too many woodhanded players. The strong point was supposed to be speed, but that pretty much vanished after all those penalties.

Based on our performance so far, positions 5-7 seem realistic to me. A lot has to happen before we can seriously hope that this team gets to the medal rounds.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Levitate said:
is this game gonna be shown in canada? just wondering what some canadians might think of how sweden played

I just watched it on TSN. They are going to show it again some time during the evening.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
re:

Boucicaut said:
I just watched it on TSN. They are going to show it again some time during the evening.

I have to say that TSN's coverage of this game was ridiculous. First they don't show the live game, I guess because they were too busy showing golf/tennis, or whatever. And then to top it off, they only showed parts of the periods... Sad.. If this is the effort they are capable, then I say forget the whole thing. I would rather watch it on a scoresheet through the IHWC website.

:soap:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
finska said:
I have to say that TSN's coverage of this game was ridiculous. First they don't show the live game, I guess because they were too busy showing golf/tennis, or whatever. And then to top it off, they only showed parts of the periods... Sad.. If this is the effort they are capable, then I say forget the whole thing. I would rather watch it on a scoresheet through the IHWC website.

err well the live game would be in the middle of the day, when most people are at work...makes more sense to show it on tape delay

but just showing parts of the period is rediculus

Oil_slick9416*

finska said:

have fun watching the scoresheets there buddy

Cono

Oct 17, 2004
Turku
wassup77 said:
wtf are you talking about...he owned the ice out there!!! I wish he could play for team Sweden :handclap:

He´s probably entertaining out there but he´s not helping the team, he have too big ego. I think that he is useless, sad but true.

SPARTAKUS*

Levitate said:
Sweden played a very good game tonight. Their D makes great first passes out of their zone. Kronvall is good, very good. Lundqvist will have a great career in the NHL. They have a very good team IMO they don't have any major weaknesses. PP is good, Pk is good, defense is great and Lundqvist is very, very good. I am impress.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
cool, thanks. i certainly hope sweden does well for lundqvist's sake, and it's good to hear you liked how he played

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
finska said:

That was only the other version. TSN also showed the full game.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
OTTSENS said:
Sweden played a very good game tonight. Their D makes great first passes out of their zone. Kronvall is good, very good. Lundqvist will have a great career in the NHL. They have a very good team IMO they don't have any major weaknesses. PP is good, Pk is good, defense is great and Lundqvist is very, very good. I am impress.

Hehe, I think Kronwall and Lundqvist will be the next big stars from Sweden in NHL. Maybe the biggest ever on the defence since Börje Salming!!

There are two forwards in Sweden who is specialized in PK. Thats why it is so good :yo:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
wassup77 said:
Hehe, I think Kronwall and Lundqvist will be the next big stars from Sweden in NHL. Maybe the biggest ever on the defence since Börje Salming!!
Lidstrom's no slouch from what I've seen. ;)

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Observations from the game:

Carolina Prospect Kahnberg looks really good out there. Nice moves and is pretty fast.

Kronwall was all over the place out there. Can't wait for NHL hockey to come back so he'll be there for Detroit. The guy can do it all out there. I really don't see why Detroit needs to re-sign Schneider. Better off getting some grit and goal scoring help up front.

Hedstrom is an enigma to me. He looks great out there but why hasn't he made any kind of impact in the NHL? He plays a North American type game. loved the play where he scored a goal and bodychecked a guy at the same time. Pahlsson looked good out there too.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
re:

Levitate said:
err well the live game would be in the middle of the day, when most people are at work...makes more sense to show it on tape delay

but just showing parts of the period is rediculus

That's what the replay at 2300 is for boss. So no, it makes no sense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad