GDT: WC! Kraken vs Golden Knights, 01 Jan

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I guess I'm shocked at the ice conditions. They had perfect conditions to lay it down, including having the roof closed to keep the drizzle off. I'm not an expert, but the slowness looks to me like the ice is too thick..it doesn't take much additional depth to make it tough for the pipes to keep the top surface cold enough. I'm sure this will be a topic of discussion after the game.

Ice can be the Krak's advantage, just keep it simple and let the bounces frustrate the Knights.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Every winter Classic has ice issues. This is far from the worst.
Yeah, was literally typing this very thing. Something that seems to come up every WC, for one reason or another. Think at this point it's just part of doing business.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
That's nine, baby! Missed you guys but wasn't going to dare coming in with the shutout going.

One wonders if the score would have been closer had Thompson's gloves been on the correct hands.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
In a year or two the Vegas won't be Golden Knights as they grow old together without much in a way of young depth and Stars...GMFrancis knows how to build a team...

That's nine, baby! Missed you guys but wasn't going to dare coming in with the shutout going.

One wonders if the score would have been closer had Thompson's gloves been on the correct hands.
Very funny

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Stole the puck from a lone Vegas D, got a bouncing shot off that Thompson tried to swat away but missed, and Yanni buried the rebound.
All hustle.

That mask on Logan Thompson is a thing of ugly.
Nice...a typical Gourde goal of hustle,pressure and 2nd effort

JOE-Y! JOE-Y! JOE-Y!
He's the goaltender of the Future...

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I think we found our 90%+ goalie!

Joey D is in the house
Thank goodness for Joey Daccord...he learned his Goaltender lessons well from Papa Daccord in Switzerland and USA I imagine

They can show that Daccord glove save on Eichel as many times as they'd like - show it all the way up to the start of the Sugar Bowl for all I care.
Eichel had many opportunities throughout the game and Joey had his number

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad