WC Gold Medal GDT: Czech Republic vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Kronblom said:
The fireman (!) Thomas Andersson do suck sometimes, but he is usually fair. However he can be quite good on occasions, let´s hope this is one of those occasions.

Just as long as he doesn't start compensating for his mistaken penalties, he's an okay ref.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
I'll predict 2 things:

If Canada wins, these boards will be filled with a) they cheated, b) they got lucky bounces, or c) it was a grand conspiracy traced through the NHL, IIHF, the UN and the ref on the ice. :sarcasm:
If the Czechs win, these boards will point to superior skill and skating ability. :)

Despite all that, and despite the fact I'm a homer, my head says the Czechs will win this game 4-3. Possibly a shootout. I just don't think this team has the cohesion to surmount the Czech attack.

Either way, it should be awesome....and the last real hockey for a long time.... :amazed:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
The Czechs should win this one. If they don't, they never will again! I mean, this is not a strong canadian contingent. So, the Euros should get this one. If not, I can't foresee the day they will again. If you can't beat our B (B-) club, what can you do?

4-2 Czechs.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
I'm almost sure that Czechs will outplay Canada, but hey, so did Russia yesteday...

5-3 Czech with an emptynetter

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
deandebean said:
The Czechs should win this one. If they don't, they never will again! I mean, this is not a strong canadian contingent. So, the Euros should get this one. If not, I can't foresee the day they will again. If you can't beat our B (B-) club, what can you do?

4-2 Czechs.

If Canada is getting outplayed by Russia's C team, what's gonna happen in the future? :eek:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
wilka91 said:
If Canada is getting outplayed by Russia's C team, what's gonna happen in the future? :eek:

Give us Sakic, Iginla, St-Louis, Neidermayer, Lecavalier and co. and we'd kick your team's arse like you wouldn't believe. Even your supposed A team. As for Russia, it hasn't beaten Canada since 96 or something. Tells you a lot about its progress on the world scene. Great individual talent, but very poor teamwork...and bad, very bad coaching. Why can't your guys figure out that you HAVE to match up lines???

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
It will be interesting to see if the canadians pull another "tackle Forsberg(perhaps Jagr this game) from behind". The famous "injure the opposite star" or also known as "anything to win the game even if we can´t look ourselves in the mirror tomorrow tactic".

Just kidding guys. Couldn´t resist. Good luck.

Go Canada! :handclap:

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
wilka91 said:

Who's in the gold medal game again? Yeh, that's what I thought. That's, what, three tournaments in a row that you've continued to talk trash while your team has failed to win gold. At least you are consistant.. blind, but consistant.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
shakes said:
Who's in the gold medal game again? Yeh, that's what I thought. That's, what, three tournaments in a row that you've continued to talk trash while your team has failed to win gold. At least you are consistant.. blind, but consistant.

Right on, bro. Russia has been Canada's b$itch since the mid-90's.

The only team that has fared pretty much with Canada, blow-to-blow, has been the Czechs, only because they can play a complete game.

Russia is easy to figure out. Play them high, with agressive forecheck, they will choke. They always do. I repeat: they can't figure out a way to play against North America.

They've been our b$itch since I can remember. Since the late 80's, in fact.

Russia-Canada doesn't have the same flavour anymore.

animalchin

Jan 20, 2005
The Long Road
wilka91 said:

Team A, B, C, D...no matter...these are teams representing our countries. That is enough.

It is easy to get outplayed when you go up 4-0 after 25 minutes. Is that an excuse for letting them back in the game (which is what happened - they LET the Russians back in to the game)? Not really, but it explains a lot.

Possibly - the Canadians didn't want to make Ovechkin cry in another world tournament by blowing them out...like last January.

Today - this version of Team Canada will play hard and it will be close. I will be hoping for the Canadian squad to ensure Canada continues to hold 4 World titles at once - Olympic Champions, World Cup Champions, World Junior Champions....and now for the World Champions (hopefully for a 3rd straight year).

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Guys, please stop. I only answered deandebean, I wasn't talking to anyone else.

Now please re-read his wonderful post and tell me if he can be called a "honest hockey fan".

I've already said it in the past : I'm doing the dirty job here. Whenever I will see some Canadian fanboy post something stupid, I will fight him back.

Vic Rattlehead*

wilka91 said:

This isn't even Canada's top team, so I don't see what you are talking about. Both teams are missing key players.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
As has been alluded to already...Canada will play Jagr very tightly...Scott Hannan gets his "ideal assignment" today. :propeller

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Should be an interesting game today. I would like to assume that the Canucks will come out with their A game and I believe they will. I think it'll be a close game, 5-3 Canada.

Horse

Go Canucks!
Feb 14, 2005
Kamloops, BC
In my dreams: 5-0 win for Canada :)
Reality: Czechs win 4-2
I'll never count out a Canadian team, but their going to have to work their tails off and play a full 60 minutes for once. Our defence still sucks :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad