WC Gold Medal GDT: Czech Republic vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I believe Canada will win...if they can string together a full 60 minutes. They've gotten lucky in that most games they don't manage to do that, the other team can't get it together either(such as today in the 4-3 victory). Canada needs a full effort to win. Otherwise, the Czechs will dominate.

Go Canada Go!

~Canucklehead~

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Whatever happens this should be a very close and well fought match.
If I had to bet on it I would have to go with the Czechs 3-2. Many of those Czech players were on the World Cup team that outplayed but lost to Canada in the semi-finals. I think they may have more "fire in the belly". Plus, the Czechs appear to have been more consistent as of late.

Go Canada!

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Why is Thomas Andersson the ref? He is one of the worst in this tourney. Im not saying he will be on either side, he just sucks.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
I heard the ref who is having the bronze medal game is good, but he is Canadian. Rick Looker hasnt been bad in 1 game I saw him (but I still cant forgive him the 2004 WC's :madfire:)

But your right, they all suck.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
Ever since the unfortunate shootout loss in Nagano we have had to listen to claims that the Czech's are the best. They never were, and never will be!
Go Canada GO!!!

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Um... this isnt gonna be on tv is it? like.. espn or somthing???

:biglaugh:

..........you weren't serious were you?

I'm sure they will be showing something that will get higher ratings (even if the US was playing in it). Like a senior citizens chess tournament in Montana.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Mr Kanadensisk said:
Ever since the unfortunate shootout loss in Nagano we have had to listen to claims that the Czech's are the best. They never were, and never will be!
Sure they weren't ... just like Canada isn't right now, huh?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I think I'll be able to see this on TV. I was in Zurich yesterday, and I managed to see both semifinals, so hopefully I can find the games today.

It should be a good one.

Macman

May 15, 2004
The Draper line will shut down the Jagr line and Canada will win 4-2.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
12# Peter Bondra said:
Why is Thomas Andersson the ref? He is one of the worst in this tourney. Im not saying he will be on either side, he just sucks.
The fireman (!) Thomas Andersson do suck sometimes, but he is usually fair. However he can be quite good on occasions, let´s hope this is one of those occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad