WC GOLD MEDAL GAME: MAY 9 GDT - CANADA vs. SWEDEN (5-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
congratulations canada. they started very bad, but they played good hockey when it counted the most.

this is for you: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
CONGRATULATIONS CANADA!
I think you deserved to win, a team can't win a final playing D like the Swedes did today. Heck, Henrik Lundqvist was selected best Swedish player of the game (by the broadcasting channel) allowing 5 goals, that kind of shows how the rest performed (with the exception of Jönsson and Höglund the first 2 periods).

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Clearly the best team won the gold. Way to go Canada.

Dany Heatley is amazingly gifted. He'll be the best player in the world very soon.

Skiblitz

Apr 10, 2004
Montréal
Congratulations to team Canada, and I would also like to thank the Swedish fans who posted with class in this thread, it has been refreshing !

Alfons

May 3, 2004
Don_Cherry said:
Clearly the best team won the gold. Way to go Canada.

Dany Heatley is amazingly gifted. He'll be the best player in the world very soon.

The best canadian anyway

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Alfons said:
Think canada and sweden are favorites for world cup this year. Hopefully sweden will beat canada in the final = revenge

I don't really think you can compare the two events. Both country's rosters will be pretty differant, and other countries, such as the U.S. and Russia will ice a much more potent line-up. Canada should be a favorite, but Sweden not so much so. My opinion though.

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Awards....

MVP: Danny Heatley
Best Goalie: Ty Conklin
Best Defensemen: Dick Tarnstrom
Best Forward: Danny Heatley
Swedish Player of the game: Sami Pahlsson
Canadian Play of the game: Roberto Luongo

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Russian_fanatic said:
Conklin :eek: Best goaltender !!! What is this guys future ?

Hopefully he'll play well for the Oilers this year :D

We are expecting big things from him

KungFuPenguin

Sep 26, 2002
Visit site
Congratulations Canada! The better team won this game for sure.

Swedes have a lot to learn from the North American teams and their 'never surrender' attitude. Swedes simply can't play with the lead. It seems as soon as they run into any kind of resistance, the very second they come under prolonged pressure by opposing forwards -- they buckle, they succumb, they simply vanish. These are Stanley Cup champions, Olympic gold medalists, the elite of the elite in the world, and yet at the slightest sign of increased effort from the opposition, they prostrate themselves like a bunch of 5-dollar hookers on pay day.

Disgraceful. They don't deserve a gold medal; Canada does.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
3-5 :banghead:

I'm not at all surprised however I am surprised in how the way they lost the game. The word bad isn't nearly enough to describe how the defense was playing. It was pretty bad against the US too but thanks to the yanks inability they came out victorious anyway. This of course doesn't hold up against the canadians who actually had a real scorer on the team (Heatley). Well done Canada, you deserved the win.

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
nash61 said:
MVP: Danny Heatley
Best Goalie: Ty Conklin
Best Defensemen: Dick Tarnstrom
Best Forward: Danny Heatley
Swedish Player of the game: Sami Pahlsson
Canadian Play of the game: Roberto Luongo

Nice going Conks. Hopefully he can up his consistency in the possible upcoming season. When this guy is on, he's really on.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Time for annoying angry smilies...

:banghead: :mad: :madfire: :thumbd:

Good tournament overall though by Sweden, who would have thought this earlier this season? Oh well, they did crush Japan and Denmark anyway...

Hopefully some swedish players like Lundqvist learned a thing or two after this game. Can anyone name one swedish player that was ok today? The lack of strong d-men was evident in today's game, the d-men (Tärnström etc) that have been so successfull before looked like amateurs on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad