WC: WC a bang to the cocky NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
I dnt know about Redlihs. Is he as good as Thoresen (well Thoresen plays center for SKA and therefore he dosent score that much. If the SKA coach uses Thoresen as left wing, then Thoresen will produce like in UFA)
Imagine if they had put Thoresen on a line with MÃ¥rtensson and Weinhandl. 70 points all around?

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Imagine if they had put Thoresen on a line with MÃ¥rtensson and Weinhandl. 70 points all around?

Are we talking sarcasm here :laugh: ? Well Thoresen got 66 points in his 2nd season with ufa, so why not :P But thats never gonna happen, because Weinhandl moved back to Sweden :(

The SKA coach wants Thoresen to play center, because he is good defensively. So its not expected of him to score that much ;)

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Redlihs was leading the league in points for half a season,so yeah hes pretty good.

Nice ;) I got my Dinamo Riga sweather here somewhere ;) So nice to hear that Latvia got an up and coming star (well as long as he dosent score vs Norway :laugh: )

U know I try to watch some KHL games, but very few streams are swedish :( I dnt understand a word of Russian/ Latvian etc. Kinda sad :( So thats why im more into SEL and NHL :nod:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

It is not a shot to the NHL's ego because no one in the NHL cares. They really don't. Neither to Canadians or Americans.

Cruor

May 12, 2012
This thread symbolizes the great divide :laugh:

Some thoughts upon reading this:

1. Eastern Europe is mostly used in a political and cultural sense, that is Central european countries geographically speaking are correctly called Eastern european many times. The same goes for a country like Romania that has a different language root than slavic languages.

2. Mr. Kanadensisk homerism is exponentially increasing. To call USA a better hockey nation than Sweden or Russia is farcical, no one denies they do good every year but they are not as good simply because they don't win.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Nice ;) I got my Dinamo Riga sweather here somewhere ;) So nice to hear that Latvia got an up and coming star (well as long as he dosent score vs Norway :laugh: )

U know I try to watch some KHL games, but very few streams are swedish :( I dnt understand a word of Russian/ Latvian etc. Kinda sad :( So thats why im more into SEL and NHL :nod:

About the commentator thing-i think next season khl-tv will launch a channel that will have english speaking commentators (if im not mistaken) so maybe you`ll have a chance to enjoy some khl hockey and understand what the guy is saying in the commentator booth :laugh: it should be avaible where you live too-norway

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
About the commentator thing-i think next season khl-tv will launch a channel that will have english speaking commentators (if im not mistaken) so maybe you`ll have a chance to enjoy some khl hockey and understand what the guy is saying in the commentator booth :laugh: it should be avaible where you live too-norway

Nice :thumbu:

ak90210

Sep 18, 2011
The winning team definitely didn't have any NHL players. They're best players definitely weren't all NHLers.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
2. Mr. Kanadensisk homerism is exponentially increasing. To call USA a better hockey nation than Sweden or Russia is farcical, no one denies they do good every year but they are not as good simply because they don't win.

I can only guess that you are refering to the USA at the World Championships. Without knowing anything about you I can tell you are probably a huge fan of the WC, and good for you, like what you like. However your suggestion that the results from this tournament are in any way meaningful in determining whether Sweden or Russia are "better" hockey nations than the US tells me you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Artemia

Mar 2, 2011
Drawing conclusions from a single elimination format tournament is pretty useless.

Canada outplayed Slovakia quite handily in the game in which they were eliminated and had a few tough calls on them too (8mins PP for SVK, vs 3 for Canada).

Canada lost one game by a goal and they're out, it's not like they were humiliated. They could very well have won gold or at least gone to the finals with a bit of luck.

Uh, Olympics is the same format. So why draw any conclusions from that either?

7 game series is just for making more money anyway.

Even europe has those now unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad