AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: Youre a prospect until youre 30 and youll like it!

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
Could Sully love him like Jansen Harkins?
Sully can’t love ANYONE like he loves Jansen. FYI our boy Jansen tied for the NHL lead for forwards -most games played with ZERO goals. Impressive. Can’t wait to see his extension.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Sully can’t love ANYONE like he loves Jansen. FYI our boy Jansen tied for the NHL lead for forwards -most games played with ZERO goals. Impressive. Can’t wait to see his extension.

Jansen is a special case. It is rare to see a coach fall in love with a 4th liner who doesn't PK, throw hits or win faceoffs. Tanner Glass and Craig Adams were both terrible for most of their tenure as Penguins but at least they did some of that stuff.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California

AHL: WBS SECURES NO. 3 SEED IN PLAYOFFS​

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton closed out its regular season on Saturday with a 2-0 win over the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, locking up the No. 3 seed in the Atlantic Division and a first-round matchup against the Phantoms.
Sam Poulin scored his 16th goal of the season in the second period, assisted by Valtteri Puustinen and Jagger Joshua. Radim Zohorna scored his 10th of the season in the third period, with Vinnie Hinostroza and Puustinen earning the assists. Ludovic Waeber stopped all 21 shots faced.
The first-round series is a best-of-three format, with Wilkes-Barre having home ice for the first and potential third game. The series opens on April 24.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Is Koivunen coming over? Gruden healthy? Sounds like Ponomarev might not be back for the playoffs.

Baby Pens are lacking offensive depth at F but their D and Blomqvist could still win some rounds.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Is Koivunen coming over? Gruden healthy? Sounds like Ponomarev might not be back for the playoffs.

Baby Pens are lacking offensive depth at F but their D and Blomqvist could still win some rounds.

Koivunen is suppose to come over. Broz can join now too.

Adding Koivunen, Puustinen, Broz and Zohorna should help a bit.

Reactions: Jacob

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Koivunen is suppose to come over. Broz can join now too.

Adding Koivunen, Puustinen, Broz and Zohorna should help a bit.
Do Koivunen and Broz need to wait a series to play, too? Or are they allowed to replace the likes of Logan Pietila and Mathieu De St. Phalle right away?

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Do Koivunen and Broz need to wait a series to play, too? Or are they allowed to replace the likes of Logan Pietila and Mathieu De St. Phalle right away?

I’d wait past game one yes. Also both those players are older than Pickering and play against men, so ya awful comparison again.

Also awful because you’re talking about two garbage forwards with like 6 pro games vs sitting the teams captain and good player for a 20 year old. Awful takes

Last edited:

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I’d wait past game one yes. Also both those players are older than Pickering and play against men, so ya awful comparison again.
Pickering has played eight AHL games. He's 20-years-old, same age as Koivunen and a year younger than Broz.

This isn't some child who needs sheltered.

Play them all. Let them learn. I'd rather them get a few games in than cater to someone on the precipice of retirement or some scrub who will never sniff the NHL.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Pickering has played eight AHL games. He's 20-years-old, same age as Koivunen and a year younger than Broz.

This isn't some child who needs sheltered.

Play them all. Let them learn. I'd rather them get a few games in than cater to someone on the precipice of retirement or some scrub who will never sniff the NHL.

I'd rather them play win and get experience for the other guys than force a guy in. I don't see the big deal waiting a game or two to play him while getting familiar with the team. Missing a game or two won't hurt his development at all.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'd rather them play win and get experience for the other guys than force a guy in. I don't see the big deal waiting a game or two to play him while getting familiar with the team. Missing a game or two won't hurt his development at all.

What other guys? Most of the WBS roster at this point is journeymen or people that have already gotten into NHL games.

Shea, Ouellet or Rathbone. Who are you worried about sitting?

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
What other guys? Most of the WBS roster at this point is journeymen or people that have already gotten into NHL games.

Shea, Ouellet or Rathbone. Who are you worried about sitting?

He mention Fedun and Ouellet. I said I wouldn't sit them in game one for Pickering until he gets a few practices with the team.

Last edited:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Baby Pens will give some players playoff experience and intensity that they just haven't seen. Couple of these future Penguins like Pickering, Koivunen, Broz benefit from being exposed to this si they know what to work on this off season. Plus I hope like heck he adds 10 pounds and strength. Dubas is suggesting he can be in the hunt next year. But not at that weight. Wishing Ponomarev was able to play as well.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad