WBS Penguins thread | Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
This Pedan trade makes my concern with WBS's defense even worse. I was already concerned about having enough roster spots so guys like Prow, Bengtsson and Taylor get into games, but this is just going to further jam up the pipeline.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
This Pedan trade makes my concern with WBS's defense even worse. I was already concerned about having enough roster spots so guys like Prow, Bengtsson and Taylor get into games, but this is just going to further jam up the pipeline.

Here's the total list of players on NHL and AHL deals in WB/S right now (assuming Pedan is added): Bengtsson, Corrado, Czuczman, Pedan, Prow, Summers, Taylor, Tinordi, Trotman, Zink. That's a total of 10. Tinordi's already injured. Considering the AHL's tendency to do 3 games in four nights (since they want to crowd most of their games around weekends), and it shouldn't be too hard for them to find time for everyone.

Of course, this is the Pens, so at least two will end up with season-ending injuries by December, and half of the others will end up playing in the NHL due to injuries in Pittsburgh.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
What would the current depth chart look like (with no injuries) for Dmen as far as PIT goes after 1-7 (Letang-Ruhwedel) or most NHL ready?
For example...
8 Corrado?
9 Tinnordi?
Etc.

Thanks!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'll type out what a fully healthy WB lineup might look like with some line combos they used in pre-season:

ZAR-Smith-Sprong
Simon-Johnson-Thomas
Wilson-Blueger-TK
DiPauli-Burton-Dea

Scratched: Tiffels/Sestito/Josephs/Haggerty/Quinney/McGrath/Miletic(who may end up back in London)

Pedan-Bengtsson
Summers-Trotman
Tinordi-Corrado

Scratches: Czuczman/Zink/Taylor
(Pedan likely stays up til Horny gets back. Tinordi is out with an injury atm)

Might give you an idea of who's ranked where atm on the depth chart.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hard to say, I think there’s 5 or so guys that are rated pretty equal and a call-up would depend on who they’re replacing. Maybe...

Corrado
Trotman
Tinordi
Summers
Czuczman
Pedan

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I'll type out what a fully healthy WB lineup might look like with some line combos they used in pre-season:

ZAR-Smith-Sprong
Simon-Johnson-Thomas
Wilson-Blueger-TK
DiPauli-Burton-Dea

Scratched: Tiffels/Sestito/Josephs/Haggerty/Quinney/McGrath/Miletic(who may end up back in London)

Pedan-Bengtsson
Summers-Trotman
Tinordi-Corrado

Scratches: Czuczman/Zink/Taylor
(Pedan likely stays up til Horny gets back. Tinordi is out with an injury atm)

Might give you an idea of who's ranked where atm on the depth chart.
Thanks!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Who all counts as veterans?

Just taking a look.. Definitely Kostopoulos, Sestito, Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Summers and McKegg if he goes down are over 320 pro games played... Tinordi and Colin Smith are both in between that 280-320 range.. The rule is you can only dress 5 guys over 320 games played and 1 under 320 but over 280 I think. So some combination of 2 of those guys have to sit.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Hard to say, I think there’s 5 or so guys that are rated pretty equal and a call-up would depend on who they’re replacing. Maybe...

Corrado
Trotman
Tinordi
Summers
Czuczman
Pedan
Don't forget Bengtsson.

Anyone hear anything about Corrado? He's healthy, so it's strange he didn't get into any preseason games. May some trickery to help him clear waivers?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Not really surprising. He needs to be playing games and he struggled last year in the ECHL. Needs to do better, last contract year?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
WB signed Spinozzi to a PTO today so he'll be in the mix for atleast however long those last.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Not really surprising. He needs to be playing games and he struggled last year in the ECHL. Needs to do better, last contract year?

Yeah, Maguire is 24 and has been overtaken by DeSmith. He's an ECHL level goalie and won't be re-signed next summer, especially with Gustavsson likely to come over. We don't need to have 6 goalies on NHL contracts.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, Maguire is 24 and has been overtaken by DeSmith. He's an ECHL level goalie and won't be re-signed next summer, especially with Gustavsson likely to come over. We don't need to have 6 goalies on NHL contracts.

Gustavsson is probably going to replace Jarry's promotion to the big show though. There's still probably space for a 5th goaltender on an NHL contract in Wheeling next season, just a matter of whether it makes sense for it to be Maguire.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Who all counts as veterans?

Just taking a look.. Definitely Kostopoulos, Sestito, Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Summers and McKegg if he goes down are over 320 pro games played... Tinordi and Colin Smith are both in between that 280-320 range.. The rule is you can only dress 5 guys over 320 games played and 1 under 320 but over 280 I think. So some combination of 2 of those guys have to sit.

It's 260 GP limit.

"Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season."

Over 320 GP: Kostopoulos, Sestito, Summers
261-320 GP: Thomas, G.Wilson, Tinordi, Smith

Simon has played 138 GP in AHL, 116 GP in Czech Elite League and 5 GP in NHL, for a total of 259 professional GP. So he's just under the threshold.

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Housekeeping before WB starts their quest tomorrow:

Season starting roster(per AHL site):

F's:

Dea
Josephs
Sprong
ZAR
McGrath
DiPauli