AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: featuring Val Puus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I think you miss my point. I'm not praising Scott Wilson (although I admit I had high hopes for him back in the day). After someone mentioned his name, I merely pointed out that none of our top prospects are outscoring him, and that's probably not a good reflection on our top prospects.

Wilson is a 30 yr old with NHL experience.
Poulin is a 20 yr old with barely any pro experience.
In each of their last 20 games Wilson has 4 more points.
Only 11 rookies have more points than Wilson this year.

How can you make any judgment let alone that our top prospect sucks based on that.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Imagine having this much size and getting bullied like that. Jesus. I should mention, I really like Zohorna, but that's embarrassing.

Did he really get bullied? Looks more like he didn't care and didn't want to be involved. In fact he took multiple hits to the head and seem rather unfazed.

I mean sure you'd like to see more passion but I dont think he was getting bullied or worked over much.

Reactions: vodeni

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Did he really get bullied? Looks more like he didn't care and didn't want to be involved. In fact he took multiple hits to the head and seem rather unfazed.

I mean sure you'd like to see more passion but I dont think he was getting bullied or worked over much.
I'd like to see him fight back. I'm sure getting punched in the head repeatedly didn't feel good and it looked to me like he was trying to avoid any confrontation.

WBS did get a PP out of this, so at least there's that.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I'd like to see him fight back. I'm sure getting punched in the head repeatedly didn't feel good and it looked to me like he was trying to avoid any confrontation.

WBS did get a PP out of this, so at least there's that.

I would like to see him fight back too. Maybe if he was did and committed to only defense Sullivan would finally play him over Simon. Cant have any skill on the 4th line after all.

Reactions: FreeBobbyFarnham

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Wilson is a 30 yr old with NHL experience.
Poulin is a 20 yr old with barely any pro experience.
In each of their last 20 games Wilson has 4 more points.
Only 11 rookies have more points than Wilson this year.

How can you make any judgment let alone that our top prospect sucks based on that.

Just making an off-the-cuff comparison after someone mentioned Scott Wilson. In my initial post, I even added "FWIW". I didn't mention Poulin or any other individual, although I was thinking more of Puus, because that seems to be who many want to see on the big club. But since you mentioned Poulin, he is 34th in rookie scoring, and I'm guessing there are other 20-year olds in that group. Not saying he's a bust, and yes he's only 20 and has a few years to go before he reaches his potential.

Do you think we have a quality non-goalie prospect group? If so, on what basis? Just curious. I don't see it at all, so maybe you could enlighten me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Hershey has our number. If Zo engaged he would have gone off. The dislike is no joke with these two.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Just making an off-the-cuff comparison after someone mentioned Scott Wilson. In my initial post, I even added "FWIW". I didn't mention Poulin or any other individual, although I was thinking more of Puus, because that seems to be who many want to see on the big club. But since you mentioned Poulin, he is 34th in rookie scoring, and I'm guessing there are other 20-year olds in that group. Not saying he's a bust, and yes he's only 20 and has a few years to go before he reaches his potential.

Do you think we have a quality non-goalie prospect group? If so, on what basis? Just curious. I don't see it at all, so maybe you could enlighten me.

Puus, Zohorna, DOC and Poulin are fine middle six/complimentary prospects.
Legare, Kasper, Jordy, Hallander and Angelo are fine bottom six prospects.
WBS is just not a good team. The defense and system are kinda trash it seems.

Its depth quality but not high end. This is the price of being a top team for so long. This team could swap out any of those players for ZAR, Boyle and Simon and even Erod at this point and not miss a beat.

Swap ZAR out of one of them and use that cap space to upgrade on Kap.

Reactions: Victor Z

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Puus, Zohorna, DOC and Poulin are fine middle six/complimentary prospects.
Legare, Kasper, Jordy, Hallander and Angelo are fine bottom six prospects.
WBS is just not a good team. The defense and system are kinda trash it seems.

Its depth quality but not high end. This is the price of being a top team for so long. This team could swap out any of those players for ZAR, Boyle and Simon and even Erod at this point and not miss a beat.

Swap ZAR out of one of them and use that cap space to upgrade on Kap.
I just feel we have more in these lads if we get the right coach in wbs and a more youth adverse coach in Pittsburgh.

AA maybe has a goal?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You know with all the tech we have it's funny we don't have better goal review. No goal just a quick shot off a bar.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The good guys 1.
Hershey Squirts 0.

Pens had a few more chances in this one but my goodness their awareness around the net is non existent at times.

Edit: the awareness thing - Nylander is near the net and isn't watching what Angello is doing and misses a golden opportunity to tap it in from the left side. I can see why his hockey iq isn't nhl worthy.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I just feel we have more in these lads if we get the right coach in wbs and a more youth adverse coach in Pittsburgh.

AA maybe has a goal?

I think WBS needs a better coach too. I Like when coaches rotate who they bring up as well. Like Jordy should have got a chance. Puus should have got a game. Let them see what the NHL is like so they are hungry to come back.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think WBS needs a better coach too. I Like when coaches rotate who they bring up as well. Like Jordy should have got a chance. Puus should have got a game. Let them see what the NHL is like so they are hungry to come back.
Yeah and Sully used to do that in his first 3 seasons. Now he's showing some stubbornness with playing more vets and barely a shot to youth.

These players are hungry. You give them a taste and both sides benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino