Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
New lines for today, with DOC going to center:

Will take notes.

----------

Bad turnover by Nastasiuk almost leads to a goal against.

Good shift by the DOC line. No shots generated though but had a decent cycle.

Reilly with a questionable pinch (and a forward didn't cover) that gave SYR a 2 on 1. No goal though.

Bellerive likes to finishes his checks, so that's nice.

Drozg just gives it away in the neutral zone. DOC not looking bad at C. Miletic very responsible defensively.

Olson or Berger (#39) protected the puck well and drew a penalty.

DOC somewhat a netfront presence on the PP. POJ moving and passing well this game (and on this PP). Bellerive stumbles and gives SYR a SH breakaway but Larmi stops it. Lee some nice footwork and stickhandling at the blueline.

And Larmi takes a huge risk trying to stop another breakaway. Got beaten to the puck and SYR puts it in an open net. Not SH though.

Lizotte and POJ seemingly swapping sides throughout this game (both are LHDs).

DOC tripped but no penalty called? The next shift Robert drives to the net, gets tripped, and draws a penalty.

Currie held on a bit too long there on the PP after receiving a pass in the slot. Gruden with a nice play to find Bellerive backdoor, but he couldn't finish. Then I think Gruden finds Drozg who almost scores. No PP success.

Larmi tripped but no call. Miletic very straight line.

Annnd SYR scores. No clue whose man that was who got the drop pass (bad camera work). Was maybe Olson's? Also couldn't tell how well Larmi was positioned for that shot.

Odd deflection back to Larmi who has to make a quick reaction for a glove save.

Something happened with my feed and I missed the last three and a half minutes of the first.

End 1. 2-0 SYR. Larmi looks just okay. DOC, Robert, and POJ looking the best.

----------

Last edited:

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
New lines for today, with DOC going to center:

Will take notes.

----------

Bad turnover by Nastasiuk almost leads to a goal against.

Good shift by the DOC line. No shots generated though but had a decent cycle.

Reilly with a questionable pinch (and a forward didn't cover) that gave SYR a 2 on 1. No goal though.

Bellerive likes to finishes his checks, so that's nice.

Drozg just gives it away in the neutral zone. DOC not looking bad at C. Miletic very responsible defensively.

Olson or Berger (#39) protected the puck well and drew a penalty.

DOC somewhat a netfront presence on the PP. POJ moving and passing well this game (and on this PP). Bellerive stumbles and gives SYR a SH breakaway but Larmi stops it. Lee some nice footwork and stickhandling at the blueline.

And Larmi takes a huge risk trying to stop another breakaway. Got beaten to the puck and SYR puts it in an open net. Not SH though.

Lizotte and POJ seemingly swapping sides throughout this game (both are LHDs).

DOC tripped but no penalty called? The next shift Robert drives to the net, gets tripped, and draws a penalty.

Currie held on a bit too long there on the PP after receiving a pass in the slot. Gruden with a nice play to find Bellerive backdoor, but he couldn't finish. Then I think Gruden finds Drozg who almost scores. No PP success.

Larmi tripped but no call. Miletic very straight line.

Annnd SYR scores. No clue whose man that was who got the drop pass (bad camera work). Was maybe Olson's? Also couldn't tell how well Larmi was positioned for that shot.

Odd deflection back to Larmi who has to make a quick reaction for a glove save.

Something happened with my feed and I missed the last three and a half minutes of the first.

End 1. 2-0 SYR. Larmi looks just okay. DOC, Robert, and POJ looking the best.

----------

Can't watch the game tonight, this is really nice. Thanks a bunch Butternubs.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Can't watch the game tonight, this is really nice. Thanks a bunch Butternubs.

Start 2. Missed the first 30 seconds as I was distracted by the neighborhood cat.

F6troeJ.jpg

Lines jumbled already, even though I think they were a scramble in the first. Drozg with a decent forecheck.

Gruden with a decent chance coming down the right, but missed the net. This Gruden-Bellerive-Drozg line has some jump.

Miletic with a nice forecheck that leads to a chance and then a SYR icing. Pens aren't really hitting the net this game...

Jeez. SYR just capitalizing on their chances. Semi-stretch pass leads to a streaking SYR player who buries it over Larmi's glove. Was Trotman's dude. 3-0.

Bellerive looking the best I've seen him this season with that new line.

Annnnnnnd SYR scores again. I'm thinking Larmi should be pulled. 4-0.

He is. Starrett in. Larmi had only 8 saves on 12 shots.

WBS with a good first shift after the goalie change and get an o-zone faceoff. WBS with another good shift in the o-zone. Still no goals. And as I type that the Pens bring it back in the o-zone, SYR messed up the clear, Schilkey gets it to Schaller and he scores. 4-1.

Robert a quick and feisty bugger on the shift after the goal. And then a scrum in front of the Pens net. Looks like Lizotte the only one to the box? Yep. To the PK.

WBS leaves #12 completely uncovered in front of the net. He deked Starrett but the puck somehow stays out. DOC and Gruden PKing on separate shifts. Gruden with a nice chance on the PK and feeds it to the other forward who just missed. Penalty killed.

#12 stopped by Starrett on a breakaway.

Robert slippery along the boards after being checked and still comes away with the puck to set up, I think, Currie. Curried missed though.

Don't think I've seen Miletic in a while? Could be why the lines have been jumbled.

Bellerive stood up with a hit but he stayed on his feet despite being outsized.

Miletic not injured, just on the fourth line. Not sure if that's a demotion or if the coach is just trying new things since the team is down. @Solution

Bellerive got on his horse at the end of his shift to pressure SYR on a forecheck.

DOC with some nifty stickhandling in the o-zone.

POJ crushed someone behind the net. Pens can't clear it. POJ gets it and calms things down. Then Berger has a terrible, terrible turnover to essentially pass it to SYR. No goal as Starrett made a blocker save.

Bellerive getting into it with Wilson. Refs separate them. Bellerive getting into it with someone else.

Schilkey kinda skating like Tanev. As in, did a small dump along the boards behind a d-man and then skated his ass off to get to it.

End 2. 4-1 SYR. Larmi wasn't good. POJ, DOC, and Robert still looking good. Bellerive picked it up this period.

----------

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Start 2. Missed the first 30 seconds as I was distracted by the neighborhood cat.

F6troeJ.jpg

Lines jumbled already, even though I think they were a scramble in the first. Drozg with a decent forecheck.

Gruden with a decent chance coming down the right, but missed the net. This Gruden-Bellerive-Drozg line has some jump.

Miletic with a nice forecheck that leads to a chance and then a SYR icing. Pens aren't really hitting the net this game...

Jeez. SYR just capitalizing on their chances. Semi-stretch pass leads to a streaking SYR player who buries it over Larmi's glove. Was Trotman's dude. 3-0.

Bellerive looking the best I've seen him this season with that new line.

Annnnnnnd SYR scores again. I'm thinking Larmi should be pulled. 4-0.

He is. Starrett in. Larmi had only 8 saves on 12 shots.

WBS with a good first shift after the goalie change and get an o-zone faceoff. WBS with another good shift in the o-zone. Still no goals. And as I type that the Pens bring it back in the o-zone, SYR messed up the clear, Schilkey gets it to Schaller and he scores. 4-1.

Robert a quick and feisty bugger on the shift after the goal. And then a scrum in front of the Pens net. Looks like Lizotte the only one to the box? Yep. To the PK.

WBS leaves #12 completely uncovered in front of the net. He deked Starrett but the puck somehow stays out. DOC and Gruden PKing on separate shifts. Gruden with a nice chance on the PK and feeds it to the other forward who just missed. Penalty killed.

#12 stopped by Starrett on a breakaway.

Robert slippery along the boards after being checked and still comes away with the puck to set up, I think, Currie. Curried missed though.

Don't think I've seen Miletic in a while? Could be why the lines have been jumbled.

Bellerive stood up with a hit but he stayed on his feet despite being outsized.

Miletic not injured, just on the fourth line. Not sure if that's a demotion or if the coach is just trying new things since the team is down. @Solution

Bellerive got on his horse at the end of his shift to pressure SYR on a forecheck.

DOC with some nifty stickhandling in the o-zone.

POJ crushed someone behind the net. Pens can't clear it. POJ gets it and calms things down. Then Berger has a terrible, terrible turnover to essentially pass it to SYR. No goal as Starrett made a blocker save.

Bellerive getting into it with Wilson. Refs separate them. Bellerive getting into it with someone else.

Schilkey kinda skating like Tanev. As in, did a small dump along the boards behind a d-man and then skated his ass off to get to it.

End 2. 4-1 SYR. Larmi wasn't good. POJ, DOC, and Robert still looking good. Bellerive picked it up this period.

----------

I know I say this pretty regularly, but I really hope Bellerive makes it.

You'll always wonder what might've been if he hadn't been burned, but it takes a lot of guts to come back from that. Not everybody has that kind of resiliency.

"Fire and Ice: The Jordy Bellerive Story" comes to Disney Plus on October 1, 2027.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I've also envisioned a "loosely based on" monologue for a certain inspiring moment in the movie.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Start 3.

Schaller just got blasted. SYR took a penalty (charge). SYR then high sticks DOC at the start of the PP. Uhhh, Wilson was put in the box but was then taken out. No 5 on 3?! Schilkey kinda getting manhandled on this PP (haha). No goal, penalty killed.

Lee with his first rush of the game. Said rush generated about 2 opportunities.

Pens outshooting SYR. Could be by a wider margin if they'd stop missing the net, especially on some prime chances.

Fourth line with sustained pressure in the o-zone. POJ and Lizzotte were the D pair. Only one shot on goal but gained some momentum. And now there's a faceoff in the o-zone. Curious to see what line gets sent out after the commercial break.

And it was the Olsen-DOC-Robert line. Olsen is on that line now? Nothing generated there.

Drozg to Gruden to Bellerive for a nice chance. Bellerive almost had himself a goal close in.

Reilly with another pinch that leads to a 2 on 1 against. Czman breaks it up though.

Scrum at the benches now. Schaller had previously put himself into the SYR net and kinda ran over their goalie. I'm sure that's what this is about. 4 on 4.

Miletic finds POJ on the 4 on 4 for two chances. Then SYR takes a penalty. 4 on 3 coming up. Ah dookie. DOC had an open net and hit the post. Then Robert has a strong play along the boards to get it to POJ, who the feeds DOC for a one timer and scores. Yay! 4-2.

Reilly with some nice lateral skating with the puck to get to the slot for an opportunity. Couldn't bury it.

The DOC line with another few chances (Lee getting a nice shot off). The SYR goalie (Gibson) is having him a game however (36 saves so far).

Reilly goes end to end but nothing comes of it. Lee with a silky spin move. D has been way more active this period.

Starrett to the bench for the extra man with just over 2 minutes left. WBS takes a timeout with the faceoff to be in the o-zone.

POJ stops an EN chance. Schaller to Schilkey in front and I have no clue how it stayed out.

SYR scores from 200 feet away. 5-2. Starrett back in.

And that's game.

---------

WBS outplayed SYR but just couldn't capitalize. Was a game of two goalies (ok, three). Gibson with 39 saves. Larmi and Starrett both with 8 saves. Starrett stopped all the shots he faced.

@Solution Miletic wasn't too noticeable today.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
It's pretty odd that the best WBS coverage outside this board is a young reporter for a fringe website. I have no idea why the minors aren't covered with any depth on the Athletic or any other PGH-related media.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Start 3.

Schaller just got blasted. SYR took a penalty (charge). SYR then high sticks DOC at the start of the PP. Uhhh, Wilson was put in the box but was then taken out. No 5 on 3?! Schilkey kinda getting manhandled on this PP (haha). No goal, penalty killed.

Lee with his first rush of the game. Said rush generated about 2 opportunities.

Pens outshooting SYR. Could be by a wider margin if they'd stop missing the net, especially on some prime chances.

Fourth line with sustained pressure in the o-zone. POJ and Lizzotte were the D pair. Only one shot on goal but gained some momentum. And now there's a faceoff in the o-zone. Curious to see what line gets sent out after the commercial break.

And it was the Olsen-DOC-Robert line. Olsen is on that line now? Nothing generated there.

Drozg to Gruden to Bellerive for a nice chance. Bellerive almost had himself a goal close in.

Reilly with another pinch that leads to a 2 on 1 against. Czman breaks it up though.

Scrum at the benches now. Schaller had previously put himself into the SYR net and kinda ran over their goalie. I'm sure that's what this is about. 4 on 4.

Miletic finds POJ on the 4 on 4 for two chances. Then SYR takes a penalty. 4 on 3 coming up. Ah dookie. DOC had an open net and hit the post. Then Robert has a strong play along the boards to get it to POJ, who the feeds DOC for a one timer and scores. Yay! 4-2.

Reilly with some nice lateral skating with the puck to get to the slot for an opportunity. Couldn't bury it.

The DOC line with another few chances (Lee getting a nice shot off). The SYR goalie (Gibson) is having him a game however (36 saves so far).

Reilly goes end to end but nothing comes of it. Lee with a silky spin move. D has been way more active this period.

Starrett to the bench for the extra man with just over 2 minutes left. WBS takes a timeout with the faceoff to be in the o-zone.

POJ stops an EN chance. Schaller to Schilkey in front and I have no clue how it stayed out.

SYR scores from 200 feet away. 5-2. Starrett back in.

And that's game.

---------

WBS outplayed SYR but just couldn't capitalize. Was a game of two goalies (ok, three). Gibson with 39 saves. Larmi and Starrett both with 8 saves. Starrett stopped all the shots he faced.

@Solution Miletic wasn't too noticeable today.
Thank you for the update. Sounds like Miletic is just an AHL player. Not too bad for an undrafted free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad