AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: featuring Val Puus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So much traffic there. Zo should have just fallen on him, the Kreider special.

All baby pens in the third. 10-1 shots or something.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol how the f*** is that the Pens penalty? Refs are so f***ing brutal. That's a game changer call right there. Refs wanting to change the outcome.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
At least they don't spend half the time -- including while the game is in progress -- showing moronic crowd shots and replays of routine plays. That seems to happen a lot in WBS home games.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m not watching, but can I just ask: someone said the system WBS plays is trash, but I thought the club was supposed to play the same system as the Pens for development of the young players, to get them ready? If so, isn’t this team an indictment of Sullivan’s system then? Lol

Reactions: The Old Master

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At least they don't spend half the time -- including while the game is in progress -- showing moronic crowd shots and replays of routine plays. That seems to happen a lot in WBS home games.
Yeah. Although zooming in and moving side to side could be smoother.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I’m not watching, but can I just ask: someone said the system WBS plays is trash, but I thought the club was supposed to play the same system as the Pens for development of the young players, to get them ready? If so, isn’t this team an indictment of Sullivan’s system then? Lol

Yes. System is ass. For two periods they were murdered in shots. Then in the third they decided to severely out shoot Hershey. But wbs is also an adventure in their own end.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I did not realize they were playing tonight. Thought their first game this week was tomorrow. Some true fan I am...

giphy.gif

Victor Z

Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Morelli misses an open net for Hershey and then Olson with the empty netter to (probably) win it for the good guys.

Maybe not so fast there.... Hershey breaks the shutout it's 2-1 with 1:00 to go.

Victor Z

Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
BTW, the Hershey guy doing the color on the feed is ex-Penguin midget prospect Mitch Lamoreaux. Pretty tough player back in his day (I saw him play in person in the early 80s) for someone 5'6.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Puus, Zohorna, DOC and Poulin are fine middle six/complimentary prospects.
Legare, Kasper, Jordy, Hallander and Angelo are fine bottom six prospects.
WBS is just not a good team. The defense and system are kinda trash it seems.

Its depth quality but not high end. This is the price of being a top team for so long. This team could swap out any of those players for ZAR, Boyle and Simon and even Erod at this point and not miss a beat.

Swap ZAR out of one of them and use that cap space to upgrade on Kap.

I think you're overestimating most of our forwards - I don't think we have any top 6 prospects - at least on a serviceable NHL team. DOC and Zohorna have looked OK at the NHL level, especially O'Connor, but I don't see them as regulars in a decent top 6. Too early to tell on Poulin; he's a work in progress and clearly - IMO - not a lock for a middle six NHL role. Other than maybe Legare, my guess is most of those five you have as fine bottom six prospects will be mostly career AHL'ers. Definitely need time to restock and reload.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think you're overestimating most of our forwards - I don't think we have any top 6 prospects - at least on a serviceable NHL team. DOC and Zohorna have looked OK at the NHL level, especially O'Connor, but I don't see them as regulars in a decent top 6. Too early to tell on Poulin; he's a work in progress and clearly - IMO - not a lock for a middle six NHL role. Other than maybe Legare, my guess is most of those five you have as fine bottom six prospects will be mostly career AHL'ers. Definitely need time to restock and reload.

All you need is a piece of bubble gum and a chance.

Reactions: Darren McCord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln