Confirmed with Link: WBS: D. Warsofsky ($600k), K. Mouillierat, K. Porter, S. Oleksy, W. O'Neill ($575k)

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Ben Hanowksi, who was used in the Iginla trade, is a UFA. I think it'd be funny if WBS signed him.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Love reading the Facebook comments when the Pens add minor league depth players.

"OMG wat r they doing!?!"
"This is the only type of player we can afford now!!111"

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
You may love it but crap like that is the #1 reason why I'll never use it. Life's too short.

That and their UI and privacy policies are garbage. Everything you do is sold to the highest bidding advertiser.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
You may love it but crap like that is the #1 reason why I'll never use it. Life's too short.

That and their UI and privacy policies are garbage. Everything you do is sold to the highest bidding advertiser.

Agreed, it can suck your life away & i also like to call it FakeBook there was this girl i knew who said she had 500 'friends' on it, funny thing was she didn't seem to have any in real life. Just liked to be popular in her head i guess...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Is Carter Rowney under contract, either an NHL or AHL-only deal?

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Warsofsky is ready to step in now. He actually looked pretty solid when he was called up to Boston this year. He's a bottom pairing guy, excellent puck mover and vision, but lacks serious size. He is tiny and plays even smaller. Has defensive lapses every now and then. But he'll be an NHL player for sure. Good pickup, IMO. - B's fan.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

The "Real Name Policy" is even worse.

If someone reports you as "not using your real name" to them, they block off your account and require you to send them photo ID to restore your account.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Warsofsky is ready to step in now. He actually looked pretty solid when he was called up to Boston this year. He's a bottom pairing guy, excellent puck mover and vision, but lacks serious size. He is tiny and plays even smaller. Has defensive lapses every now and then. But he'll be an NHL player for sure. Good pickup, IMO. - B's fan.

I don't see him being a regular at all, with forwards it's maybe a bit easier to crack the NHL if you're small vs being a defender, unless he had some serious strength for a small guy (like MSL and he doesn't even come close to MSL for toughnes), he is a career AHL'er.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of Oleksy on the 3rd pairing at least a few times this year. Partly due to his flamboyant play/physicality/entertainment value, but also because he doesn't appear to have egregious numbers. He might be a **** stirrer out there AND have decent play to back it up.

In 2012/2013 he played 35 games and had a Fenwick For % Relative of 3 and an overall FF% of 51.5

Next year he played 33 games and had a FF%Rel of -0.1 and an overall FF% of 46.9

That's not too bad for a rough and tumble kind of bottom pairing defensemen. It's a very small sample size but I was somewhat surprised he wasn't a possession anchor. And if those kinda "fancy" stats don't do it for ya he also scored 10 points in each of those seasons where he played about 30 games. Not bad for that short of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad