Confirmed with Link: WBS | 2Y: G.Wilson, Summers, DeSmith | 1Y: Corrado, Tinordi, Trotman, McKegg, Sestito

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think Goers now would count as a veteran, so it'd be tough to get him in the lineup anyway with all the other vets signed.

Same for Sahir Gill, think.

henkenorrswede

Jul 3, 2017
iam stilll cheering for Lukas B. to be a call up to Pittsburgh Penguins
before season ends if Everything else goes well ofc.

That way pens can see with own eyes and resign him for 2 more years.
He wont be that expensive.

yes iam a Lukas Bengtsson fan
:handclap:

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA

Even if he doesn't get called up, Rutherford will take Guerin's word on him

Kannu

Jul 23, 2006
Erie,Pa.

Me too. Can anyone update his health status?

henkenorrswede

Jul 3, 2017
i have a post on this already
but i havent writeten something new for wa while coz obvious reasons..
but iam trying to locate every news i can about Lukas.
its called "future Penguins living and training in sweden" its on page 2.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'm a big Bengtsson fan as well who had similar adv. stats to Stralman at the same age playing in the SHL.

When fully healthy, he can skate and move the puck/join the rush.
Little work defensively and he has real potential.

I just hope he gets back on track sometime this upcoming season and starts playing regularly again. Whenever that may be.

As far as i've researched, he's back to training off ice with other NHL'ers in Sweden.
Things like how hard he's going or if he's been on the ice yet, i have no clue...

ETA: Heres the workout place in Sweden that posts pics/clips here and there:

https://www.instagram.com/p3athletics/

Any with Lukas in, you'll see his insta handle added.

Last edited:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
One hopes Gonch can make a big improvement in one or two of the WB D men. Tinordi is a big D man who brings size and grit to the position. Skating is a issue and of course he was under big time expectations while a Hab. Would be something to see him mature and develop into a shut down crease clearing D man.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm a big Bengtsson fan as well who had similar adv. stats to Stralman at the same age playing in the SHL.

When fully healthy, he can skate and move the puck/join the rush.
Little work defensively and he has real potential.

I just hope he gets back on track sometime this upcoming season and starts playing regularly again. Whenever that may be.

As far as i've researched, he's back to training off ice with other NHL'ers in Sweden.
Things like how hard he's going or if he's been on the ice yet, i have no clue...

ETA: Heres the workout place in Sweden that posts pics/clips here and there:

https://www.instagram.com/p3athletics/

Any with Lukas in, you'll see his insta handle added.

Does that mean he is going to join WBS or is he just staying in Sweden for his final year of the contract?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Does that mean he is going to join WBS or is he just staying in Sweden for his final year of the contract?

I don't really know.
If the POTS is sorta put to bed, he probably comes over to NA for training camp/rookie tourney, even though he may not play/get on the ice right away.
If he stays in Sweden, then i'd take that as he's still trying to sort it out/get through the POTS recovery.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I kind of like that Guerin sees more out of Tinordi, there's just too much there to dismiss with Tinordi, not just his bloodlines either.

I don't really know.
If the POTS is sorta put to bed, he probably comes over to NA for training camp/rookie tourney, even though he may not play/get on the ice right away.
If he stays in Sweden, then i'd take that as he's still trying to sort it out/get through the POTS recovery.

I feel like him training and skating (or is it just training?) is a sign that he has it under control. If you read his symptoms, he wouldn't even be doing that if he didn't have it sorted out, it'd almost be counter productive to train while still having POTS symptoms and those symptoms were a major hindrance for him for a long time going misdiagnosed.

Which begs the question, could this kid be even better than when JR's scout was scouting him and thought he had some talent? With the symptoms under control and he is finally able to train and play the way he wants, the guy could be a damn steal so I really hope he's coming back or if the Pens just have an agreement of him being "loaned" to his old SHL team so he could be home to gain some momentum back and just extend him and bring him back after.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Good for Wydo.
Kid lit up the ECHL pretty much. 167GP 66G 71A 137P <both RS and PO's.

Heres WB atm:

Wilson-McKegg-Sprong
Simon-Smith-ZAR
Tiffels-Bleugers-TK
DiPauli/Josephs-Burton-Johnson
Sestito/Gardiner/Wydo
McGrath

Czuczman-Corrado
Summers/Tinordi-Trotman
Tinordi/Summers-Prow
Taylor
Zink
(Bengtsson) Left out Pooh of course.

Jarry
DeSmith
Maguire

On AHL deals: Smith, Josephs, Gardiner, McGrath, Zink, TK, Burton, Wydo.

NHL Contracts: 45 out of a max 50.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It'd be unusual for Dea to go to Europe now. He's probably not far down the list for forward callups.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It'd be unusual for Dea to go to Europe now. He's probably not far down the list for forward callups.

Well I was going to ask that question - where does everyone see him? Given who we currently have the number of guys seemingly ahead of him, what chance does he really have?

At the same time, he's from Laval QB so what's the appeal of Europe over a darn good WBS team in the AHL? $$$?

henkenorrswede

Jul 3, 2017
well we see how long Bengtson are out
i am hopeful and so is he,,,
:)
i Think he will play this season and do it well
coz of his ironwill his young age and welltrained body ...
:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad