Confirmed with Link: WBS | 2Y: G.Wilson, Summers, DeSmith | 1Y: Corrado, Tinordi, Trotman, McKegg, Sestito

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
He plays a relatively safe game and never seems to panic with the puck but can chip in on the offensive end.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Didn't see any thread with this so i'll drop it here.
AHL deal.
24 yr old C/RW with tons of AHL experience. Small and speedy with some offense in his game.

WBS right now:

Wilson-McKegg-Sprong
Simon-Smith-ZAR
Tiffels-Bleugers-TK
DiPauli-Josephs-Sestito
Johnson
McGrath

With Dea and Archibald possibly being added.
Pretty solid with a ton of developing youngsters(mostly in matured age range).

Czuczman-Corrado
Summers/Tinordi-Trotman
Tinordi/Summers-Prow
Taylor
Zink
(Bengtsson)

Left out Pooh of course.

Jarry
DeSmith
Maguire

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
They showed a couple Marlies games on the NHL Network last season and he really stood out.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Seems weird that they wouldn't give him an NHL deal, I don't think we're anywhere near 50 contracts are we?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
WB has brought Gardiner back who was decent last season before deciding to go back to junior where he put up big #'s.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=120199

WBS Pens up front now and they still may re-up Dea:

Wilson-McKegg-Sprong
Simon-Smith-ZAR
Tiffels-Bleugers-TK
DiPauli-Josephs-Johnson
Gardiner
Sestito
McGrath

On AHL deals: Smith, Josephs, Gardiner, McGrath, Zink, TK

NHL contract count currently: 41
Left to sign: Sheary, Archibald, Dumoulin, Pouliot (would take that to 45)

Last edited:

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Good lord, their lineup, esp that blueline, look awesome. I had no idea Tinordi signed until I was looking at CapFriendly the other day.

I can see the reactions in this thread aren't too positive about him, but what are the realistic hopes for him as an NHL player? Any chance he can still put it together in WBS and wind up with a callup? I wanted us to take a run at him a couple of years ago as a reclamation project before he went to Ariz and seemed like a certifiable bust.

Then again I'm still holding out hope Frank Corrado can be the Schultz/Niskanen reclamation project of this upcoming season, so I'm not picky in terms of career turnarounds

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Good lord, their lineup, esp that blueline, look awesome. I had no idea Tinordi signed until I was looking at CapFriendly the other day.

I can see the reactions in this thread aren't too positive about him, but what are the realistic hopes for him as an NHL player? Any chance he can still put it together in WBS and wind up with a callup? I wanted us to take a run at him a couple of years ago as a reclamation project before he went to Ariz and seemed like a certifiable bust.

Then again I'm still holding out hope Frank Corrado can be the Schultz/Niskanen reclamation project of this upcoming season, so I'm not picky in terms of career turnarounds

Hope springs eternal, right?

I think people have to look into the reclamation projects more closely to see what worked for them before. Tinordi is 25 with 53 NHL games played and Corrado is 24 with 71 games played. Now, comparing them to Niskanen who was playing full NHL seasons from 21 onwards or Schultz who was playing full NHL seasons from 22 onwards. Those two were more struggling/disappointing/falling apart players in the NHL when the Pens acquired them. Cole is probably the best comparable and he'd played 167 NHL games before coming to Pittsburgh before establishing himself at 26.

Corrado is the one I'm kind of hopeful about, too.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
wbs is still stacked af

Yep. It's an attractive place to play because it's a good team and the chance of a depleted NHL roster leading to lots of callups is 100%. Guerin really surprised me so far.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Yep. It's an attractive place to play because it's a good team and the chance of a depleted NHL roster leading to lots of callups is 100%. Guerin really surprised me so far.

yeah. that team has enough depth to withstand the losses of sprong and zar.

hopefully they can go far this year. it's mildly disappointing to see the penguins take away their top talent every year, ruining their chances at a cup :laugh:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

Who is your avatar?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

I need to watch WBS much more frequently this season. is there subscription to their on-line broadcast, do they even broadcast every game/

BlacknGold4life

Sep 22, 2014
This is a bit concerning to me, both from the perspective of Guerin as a perceived GM in waiting having learned nothing from watching GMJR and HCMS the past two years, and from the perspective of most potential injury fill-ins not being able to skate with the rest of the team.

From a purely AHL perspective, I have no problem with any of these signings except Sestito. Wasn't giving up a damn first-rounder in a trade for Ryan Reaves supposed to mean that the org didn't need any clownshoes joke of a player like him?

But when Reeves is suspended you call up Sestito and vice versa.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Czuczman seems like a good gamble.
He was clearly the best D on the Manitoba Moose but for some reason the Jets never signed him to a contract. We we're 12 deep into our depth and we never called him up when he clearly outperformed the guys called up ahead of him. I was not happy to hear that the Moose had not resigned him.

Should be a good AHL player and with the voodoo your team does with "bad" d-men in the lineup maybe he'll be amazing in the NHL?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
WB re-up'ed C Jarrett Burton today.
Good depth player/PK'er.

Sorta kinda looks like this now up front:

Wilson-McKegg-Sprong
Simon-Smith-ZAR
Tiffels-Bleugers-TK
DiPauli/Josephs-Burton-Johnson
Gardiner
Sestito
McGrath

ETA: Also Botterill/Sexton have stolen the great BARRY GOERS from us! They also signed depth AHL'er Adam Krause.

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Some of these guys will also go to Wheeling in the ECHL.

As far as defense go, all 6ft+, all 200+. Guerin certainly had an idea of what needed to be signed. Be interesting to see who the calls ups are. I mean, I assume Pouliot and Rudwedel are 7/8. Wonder who 9 ends up being.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->