Confirmed with Link: WBS | 2Y: G.Wilson, Summers, DeSmith | 1Y: Corrado, Tinordi, Trotman, McKegg, Sestito

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Surprised it is 2 years but can't complain. Decent scorer at the AHL level and wont hurt you during a call up. Not a pugilist but will drop the gloves.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Nice. Re-sign Sestito as well.

Wishlist of UFAs:

- Derek Grant
- Mitch Callahan
- Jamie Devane
- Ty Rattie
- Zach Trotman (Pitt)
- Oleg Yevenko
- Quinton Howden
- Buddy Robinson
- Jack Skille
- Jarred Tinordi (Pitt)
- Joseph Cramarossa
- Anthony Peluso
- Dalton Thrower
- Scott Kosmachuk
- Andrej Nestrasil
- Kyle Rau
- Henrik Samuelsson
- Dylan Blujus
- Brandon Mashinter
- Dennis Rasmussen
- Luke Witkowski
- Samuel Henley
- Phil Varone
- Tyler Randell
- Brett Gallant
- Casey Bailey
- Brian Ferlin
- Jordan Oesterle
- Matt O'Connor

- Stefan Matteau
- Ken Agostino

(Red indicates that the individual has been signed)

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
There was a D from Toronto I wanted us to take a run at for WBS but can't remember the name. I seem to recall they were an unsigned free agent. They can't have been that good in the end..

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Decent depth guy. He's productive in the AHL, and not terribly out of place in a 4th line energy role at the NHL level if injuries hit.

Assume we'll be needing some depth centers too, with Sundqvist gone and Porter a UFA. And they'll probably sign like 8 or 9 d-men too.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Wilson - UFA - Sprong
Simon - Blugers - ZAR
Tiffels - Dea - Haggerty
Di Pauli - UFA - UFA
Josephs

UFA - Corrado
Taylor - Prow
Zink - UFA
GOERS

Jarry
Maguire

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Nope, players of Wilson's caliber in the AHL tend to make up to half of the NHL league minimum on two-way deals. Otherwise European leagues would be much more inviting.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Wouldn't mind having Gaunce back, he was solid in his call-ups.

That's surprising. I thought only the guys one AHL-only deals, like Kostopoulos, made 6 figures.

I think most AHL teams have a few vets making comfortable 6 figures, not sure what the limit is on how many you can have.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think most AHL teams have a few vets making comfortable 6 figures, not sure what the limit is on how many you can have.

Not sure about a limit on salaries, but there is a limit on "veterans":

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

http://theahl.com/faq

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Back in the 2000s basically only independent AHL teams like Hershey or Chicago had players reliably making more than $100,000 per season on the farm. That's how the Bears won so many Calder Cups. But salaries for top veterans with NHL experience have gone way up across the league recently. On the Baby Pens there've been some high earners in recent years.

Kostopoulos, Smith, Ebbett, Mouillierat, Oleksy, Warsofsky: 300k per season
Conner, Drazenovic, O'Neill, Porter, Gaunce, Ruhwedel: 250k
Jeffrey, Sestito, Percy: 200k

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Would like to grab an old linemate of Jake Guentzel, Austin Ortega. Put up 4 goals in 6 games for the Ducks AHL team. I assume he's going to be offered an AHL deal by them at the very least.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Back in the 2000s basically only independent AHL teams like Hershey or Chicago had players reliably making more than $100,000 per season on the farm. That's how the Bears won so many Calder Cups. But salaries for top veterans with NHL experience have gone way up across the league recently. On the Baby Pens there've been some high earners in recent years.

Kostopoulos, Smith, Ebbett, Mouillierat, Oleksy, Warsofsky: 300k per season
Conner, Drazenovic, O'Neill, Porter, Gaunce, Ruhwedel: 250k
Jeffrey, Sestito, Percy: 200k

That mostly changed once re-entry waivers went away with the latest CBA. It used to be that any player that made less than ~100k in the AHL were not subject to re-entry waivers, so teams would keep the two-way contracts below that limit for the AHL portion of the deal so they could call-up those guys without dealing with the possibility of losing them. Once re-entry waivers went away, teams were willing to (and players were asking for) deals that had higher AHL salaries, since there was no longer a risk of losing them on a call-up.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Hopefully with Botterill gone, someone is still paying attention to WBS.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
player-development-coach-bill-guerin-of-the-pittsburgh-penguins-the-picture-id172557801

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The good news is if he ****s up WB/S's playoff streak there's probably no chance of him replacing JR.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I like Nestrasil and Sgarbossa. Players who could do an okay job in a limited role in the NHL if injuries happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad