Value of: Wayne Simmonds

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Flyers should be happy with either one....not both.

And if I am wrong, I will gladly say it.
I agree. If Fletcher can get a first round pick, OR stud prospect for Simmonds I will be really happy. I can also live with a 2nd and good prospect. I was of the opinion a couple of months ago that the Flyers would get a first and really good prospect for Simmonds. Three things happened since then though. The market shaped up as a buyers market. Simmonds has struggled offensively. I came to my senses and realized it wasn't happening. Obviously I hope like hell I end up being wrong.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I agree. If Fletcher can get a first round pick, OR stud prospect for Simmonds I will be really happy. I can also live with a 2nd and good prospect. I was of the opinion a couple of months ago that the Flyers would get a first and really good prospect for Simmonds. Three things happened since then though. The market shaped up as a buyers market. Simmonds has struggled offensively. I came to my senses and realized it wasn't happening. Obviously I hope like hell I end up being wrong.
We'll, the one thing going for us, is that you have been wrong before!!

:sarcasm:

:laugh:

Just an early morning jab....lol.

Munch89

Jul 4, 2018
I’m certainly happy. It may be possible to get 1st + Tolvanen at this point.

I highly doubt that, I've been thinking of going after Tolvanen with a Simmonds trade, but I think we would have to add a 3rd or some kind of condition in order to give the trade any sort of chance.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
I highly doubt that, I've been thinking of going after Tolvanen with a Simmonds trade, but I think we would have to add a 3rd or some kind of condition in order to give the trade any sort of chance.

Wonder if Nashville would go for Simmonds and a conditional 3rd (becomes a 2nd if he does not resign) for Tolvanen.

Reactions: Richards18Forever

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yea maybe but Boyle went for a 2nd so that’s below what you’ll get for Simmonds. Duchene just went for a lot. Cbus 1 and 3 prospect. A first rounder that could be good. And a second rounder that could easily be a lottery pick if they sign him. If the jets add stone it’s prob going to cost more than Duchene. Nashville is then forced to add someone. Tolvanen is a good prospect but that’s still all he is. He’s not a sure bet at all or they’d keep him. He’s cooled off a lot in hype. So you’re looking at a struggling prospect and a late first.
Why does everyone bring up Boyle getting a 2nd when talking about Simmonds as a good thing for Philly? At the time of the trade Boyle had 19 points after 47 games, Simmonds had 21 after 47. Boyle had more hits than Simmonds. Boyle is a center, is defensively responsible and can PK.

So both players are physical bottom 6 forwards. One gives you a little more offense but is poor defensively, the other more defensive, can PK and good on the draw. Add in the fact Nashville got Boyle a month ago and an extra 10 games more than a team with get Simmonds for which is 12% more of the season and I think Philly would be lucky to get the Boyle return.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Why does everyone bring up Boyle getting a 2nd when talking about Simmonds as a good thing for Philly? At the time of the trade Boyle had 19 points after 47 games, Simmonds had 21 after 47. Boyle had more hits than Simmonds. Boyle is a center, is defensively responsible and can PK.

So both players are physical bottom 6 forwards. One gives you a little more offense but is poor defensively, the other more defensive, can PK and good on the draw. Add in the fact Nashville got Boyle a month ago and an extra 10 games more than a team with get Simmonds for which is 12% more of the season and I think Philly would be lucky to get the Boyle return.
You are really comparing Simmonds vs Boyle expected returns? Lucky to get the same as Boyle? Why is a Mercedes worth more than a Honda.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
You are really comparing Simmonds vs Boyle expected returns? Lucky to get the same as Boyle? Why is a Mercedes worth more than a Honda.

It isn’t if it’s an old, busted Mercedes against a smooth-running Honda.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad