Wayne Simmonds

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We can see from the video above that Simmonds is a good skater and finisher. He'll be fine.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
not sure how he does in the 3 on 3 format but its cool he got picked. maybe he can just stand at the crease and bang in rebounds from Crosby/Malkin ect.

Although he excels on PP... and now we have discovered on the PK... not to mention in physical situation... I've had no concerns whatsoever when he's been out there on 3x3 with Flyers. They just have to match him up with the right line-mates.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
With how good's Simmonds skating is, I think he'll hold up a lot better in his 30s than other "power forwards" like Lucic.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
With how good's Simmonds skating is, I think he'll hold up a lot better in his 30s than other "power forwards" like Lucic.

The problem with power forwards is that at some point their body just breaks down and they accumulate injury after injury.

Some have managed to stay productive like Ward and Knuble into their mid30's. The hope would be Simmonds would be an exception like them

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Simmonds doesn't play like a Lucic type. He's not going around hitting people hard and taking hard hits too. He can fight and he's not weak but he's usually just standing in front of the net. I don't even know if I'd call him a power forward really... I think he just gets called that because of how often he scores from in front of the net.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He's also very stringy and sort of elastic. I don't know anything about this, but I imagine he has a lot of fast-twitch muscles lol ... or words to that effect.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That's why it put it in quotes; it's a term that gets thrown around loosely and applied to pretty different players.

On the injury front, it's good he started wearing a visor this season thanks to Hextall's encouragement.

HopsHunting

May 18, 2010
The problem with power forwards is that at some point their body just breaks down and they accumulate injury after injury.

Some have managed to stay productive like Ward and Knuble into their mid30's. The hope would be Simmonds would be an exception like them

Knuble is a special animal. His peak years were post 30 so I don't think his body had the wear and tear from his 20s cause he just wasn't playing the same sort of minutes. And when he dropped off, he dropped off hard.

Loved watching him play though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad