Confirmed with Link: Wayne Simmonds traded to Nashville for Ryan Hartman + conditional 4th

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
How I feel about the trade
giphy.gif

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I'm not thrilled with the trade but it's definitely not horrible. They got a speedy/gritty forward who is good for about 15 goals/30 points and most likely a 3rd round pick. They could have done worse. This chic gets it.

Mary Clarke‏ @marycclarke 41s41 seconds ago
More
Flyers fans, before today: "TRADE SIMMONDS FOR ANYTHING WE CAN GET!!!" Flyers fans now, after a below average return on a deal that came in three minutes before the trade deadline ends: "SHOULD HAVE JUST KEPT HIM!!!"

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's not even a conditional 3rd/2nd. It's a 4th/3rd. And Hartman. C'mon! I didn't think Fletcher could make this disappointing, but he did. Hartman is just......an average-ish 3RW. He's another Laughton. He's not poor or anything. He's an RFA needing a contract, so he won't cost much to retain. But with our prospect pool and depth at RW, give me the 1st all day that can be used in a bigger package. Fletcher settled on a short-term NHL move at a value cost. We don't need Hartman now or next year. We needed the best asset, flip it or not. Hartman+3rd is not worth a 1st today. They can coat it up, but it was less value than a 1st round pick.

We weren't getting a 1st, values were lower this year, I mean look what Hayes and Grunland garnered.
Hartman and a 3rd is a high 2nd rd value, Hartman was traded for a late 1st last year, doubt his value has deteriorated that much, probably could package him this summer if need be.

Also, we need some depth next year, Laczynski/Allison first have to sign, and probably need a year in the AHL, NAK is a 4th liner right now, Kase will return to LHV, so what other RWs do we have in the system?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Nashville traded Hartman+conditional 4th+Fiala......for Granlund + Simmonds. Simmonds isn't even good; I was prepared to mock another team; and I can't even say it's a bad deal for them. They're a real contender, and it's a pretty dang acceptable cost. Imagine trading Laughton+4th for Simmonds trying to win a Cup. I could live with that.

Go get your f***ing shine box, Fletcher.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
When we brought in that assistant coach with the bad hair, it was a clear sign we had an old, boring dude as GM.

This should have been all we needed to see:

cut.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad