Injury Report: Wayne Simmonds out up to 6 weeks (Upd. Broken Wrist)

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Another example of why it can be better to choose equipment with protection over mobility. More will happen like this if they don't shape up.

1231013429.0.jpg

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
That really sucks for Wayne and the Leafs. He's brought a swagger and was contributing on the score sheet.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Feel awful for Wayne! He just got back to being healthy for the first time in several years and was playing great.

Toronto has some depth, but they don't have another players anything like Wayne, who plays a heavy style game, while being defensively responsible, willing to fearlessly stand in front of the net while Toronto blasts pucks... And willing to stand up for his teammates.

He's an enormous loss because he's everything this same group lacked last year and one of the reason's they were such an easy out. Guys like Engvall, Vesey, Petan, Mikheyev don't bring anywhere close to the intangibles that Simmonds brings. Hockey IS NOT simply about skill level. It's about what you're willing to do to win. Wayne is elite in the area of intangibles and I think he gives his teammates a ton of confidence.
THIS perfectly said and true

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
With our luck, he'll come back just as another key forward goes down with an injury.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
With our luck, he'll come back just as another key forward goes down with an injury.
Da team has loads of skill guys so anyone goes down in regular season it will not affect much of anything ... da issue with guys like Zach and Simmonds is we really only have 2 of them and when 1 goes down it impacts teams greatly ... we need another big man who can skate who brings security to our skilled players so other teams don't take advantage of us ... i mean someone who goes into corner with speed and size and takes no prisoners ... whatever happens happens ... a small fast guy comes down on you as a defender and you brace for a light bump and then when he has no speed you just outman him easily and start da breakout ... easy peasy puck going other way

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
We’re mainly missing his net front presence

Your right which is part of the grit aspect that he brings. Putting him on the 4th line will do wonders for this team. Create mismatches. And yes his net front presence will help on the PP which has been lacking as of late.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He shouldn’t fight when he gets back,but you just know he would. The team needs him completely healthy and extra time off is better because of what he does. 3 weeks more likely.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
He shouldn’t fight when he gets back,but you just know he would. The team needs him completely healthy and extra time off is better because of what he does. 3 weeks more likely.

I really dont think its necessary to rush him back until fully healed. Dubas did a great job with our depth to insure against things like this.

The team has been doing well without him minus this latest hiccup against Vancouver. We struggled the past couple of games because of Matthews-Marner line not chipping in, and hot goalies. Once that line starts to contribute again we will be fine and Simmonds will be allowed to take his time to heal at 100%.

To be honest Im on the verge if Matthews has another bad night tonight, to rest him as well. We should be able to compete without him as well as proven against Edmonton.

Rest the injured and dont rush them back.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I really dont think its necessary to rush him back until fully healed. Dubas did a great job with our depth to insure against things like this.

The team has been doing well without him minus this latest hiccup against Vancouver. We struggled the past couple of games because of Matthews-Marner line not chipping in, and hot goalies. Once that line starts to contribute again we will be fine and Simmonds will be allowed to take his time to heal at 100%.

To be honest Im on the verge if Matthews has another bad night tonight, to rest him as well. We should be able to compete without him as well as proven against Edmonton.

Rest the injured and dont rush them back.
Yeah i agree, playoffs aren’t really that far off

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Da team has loads of skill guys so anyone goes down in regular season it will not affect much of anything ... da issue with guys like Zach and Simmonds is we really only have 2 of them and when 1 goes down it impacts teams greatly ... we need another big man who can skate who brings security to our skilled players so other teams don't take advantage of us ... i mean someone who goes into corner with speed and size and takes no prisoners ... whatever happens happens ... a small fast guy comes down on you as a defender and you brace for a light bump and then when he has no speed you just outman him easily and start da breakout ... easy peasy puck going other way

Yes please..... a guy like Austin Watson, Brendan Lemieux, Nic Deslaurier

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yes please..... a guy like Austin Watson, Brendan Lemieux, Nic Deslaurier
Watson would be a solid pickup for us on 4th line but i think Lemieux could move up lineup and help JT too ... Nic is all about fighting and we need someone who can add a little more ... SIZE - SPEED - FORECHECK - WALL SKILLS - NET FRONT -fight

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Watson would be a solid pickup for us on 4th line but i think Lemieux could move up lineup and help JT too ... Nic is all about fighting and we need someone who can add a little more ... SIZE - SPEED - FORECHECK - WALL SKILLS - NET FRONT -fight

Watson and Lemieux are 2 targets I'd prefer...they both only have approx 1.5M cap hit (Watson for 2 more, Lemieux for 1 more) over the next couple seasons. Are they available.....who knows. Watson has won a Mem Cup and been to the finals with Nashville as well.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad