Injury Report: Wayne Simmonds out up to 6 weeks (Upd. Broken Wrist)

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Watson would be a solid pickup for us on 4th line but i think Lemieux could move up lineup and help JT too ... Nic is all about fighting and we need someone who can add a little more ... SIZE - SPEED - FORECHECK - WALL SKILLS - NET FRONT -fight

The only game I got to in person last season was when Anaheim was in town, it was Campbell's first Leaf start. 1st goal of the game was an unbelievably skilled goal by Deslaurier. I looked him up expecting him to be a big time prospect but no. He ended the game with like 7 minutes played.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I really dont think its necessary to rush him back until fully healed. Dubas did a great job with our depth to insure against things like this.

The team has been doing well without him minus this latest hiccup against Vancouver. We struggled the past couple of games because of Matthews-Marner line not chipping in, and hot goalies. Once that line starts to contribute again we will be fine and Simmonds will be allowed to take his time to heal at 100%.

To be honest Im on the verge if Matthews has another bad night tonight, to rest him as well. We should be able to compete without him as well as proven against Edmonton.

Rest the injured and dont rush them back.
Bones are fully healed by 6 weeks. Muscle atrophy can last a long time.
By all means, rush him back if the bone is mended.

Reactions: nuck and The Cobra

Mar 26, 2010
He can not come back fast enough. The Leafs are a better team with him. He keeps other teams bullies in check. There is no Matthew Tkachuk running around on the ice with his Shenanigans when Simmonds is in the line up.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
You must have missed OT last night

Last night was an insane OT goal by Matthews and win achieved through skills and perseverance by the whole team.

Poster you quoted was talking more about when situations like these happen (more often during playoffs) and everyone just feel so, you know, helpless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garthinater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad