Injury Report: Wayne Simmonds out up to 6 weeks (Upd. Broken Wrist)

Aus34Matt

Dec 10, 2017

We have all the sandpaper we need.

"Who wants some, who wants a piece of me?"

A0JWQXr.gif

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I hate to say it but injuries were always a consideration. We need another power forward. Both Simmonds and Hyman are on one year contracts and could get injured. So , now both Thornton and Simmonds.

Damn, I was getting to like winning.

Ok Dubas pick up the phone and make some magic happen.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
I really want to give Spezza a look on the 2nd Line.

Nylander - JT - Spezza.

Spezza isn't a grinder type guy, but, JT and Nylander are quite strong on the puck and are great at cycling.
JT and Nylander are both goal scorers,

Spezza would set up Nylander and JT for days with some beauty passes.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
Painful loss. Hand eye coordination on an elite level. Tall players seem to have that gift. JVR, Perry come to mind. No one in the organization could do the things Wayne does. Pray he returns 1oo%.
It is obvious he was nursing some kind of injury last year. At 100% Simmons is a beast. Another 20 games like the last 10 would start Andreychuck comparisons, at least in style.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
On Sunday, the salary website CapFriendly showed the Leafs adding forward Scott Sabourin on one-year, two-way contract. Sabourin, who brings an edge, was on the Marlies roster with an AHL contract and is most remembered from the time Auston Matthews checked the surname on the farmhand’s Ottawa sweater to mock him during a heated game last year.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Big big loss for team in so many aspects of game ... wow now we need to get another Simmonds type to fill in ... those are very very hard to get players ... but I think we need 1 more for playoff run anywho

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Big big loss for team in so many aspects of game ... wow now we need to get another Simmonds type to fill in ... those are very very hard to get players ... but I think we need 1 more for playoff run anywho

Ryan Reaves Patiently Waits And Then Fights Scott Sabourin

Wayne Simmonds Drops The Gloves With Jordie Benn

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Ryan Reaves Patiently Waits And Then Fights Scott Sabourin

He showed up and fought da toughest fighter in our game today ... 99% of fighting is having guts to show up ... i like that fearlessness ... we need someone when Habs start cross checking Matty again ... plus it takes Weber off ice for 5 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
He showed up and fought da toughest fighter in our game today ... 99% of fighting is having nuts to show up ... i like that fearlessness ... we need someone when Habs start cross checking Matty again ... plus it takes Weber off ice for 5 minutes

Good for Dubas to recognize the loss and act quickly to fill the hole that was lost physically.

No doubt I suspect Sabourin will dress against the Habs in upcoming games.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
this guy can't catch a damn break. Poor guy. injury plagued career, finally gets back into form, looks great and then a fluke play breaks his wrist. You can't even make this shit up. Get well Simmer! You have been an absolute animal thus far, cant wait to see him back in the lineup

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Such a fluke injury too, if he was one inch to the right the puck would have missed him entirely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad