Wayne Simmonds appreciation thread

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
Remember watching a young Simmer with LA and thinking he would look great as a Flyer. Then he gets traded here and he did not disappoint. Gave his all every shift, played through countless injuries and would spark the team with a hit or a fight. Best of all, he hated losing. If a prime Simmonds was around during the Lindros era or early 2000's, we would have a won at least one Cup. Hope he gets that ring in Nashville as he deserves one.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
vVRjCusb_400x400.jpg

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Guy was born to wear the o&b for sure. Incredible shame he came when he did, a couple years earlier or later and man it would’ve been good. Him riding shotgun with giroux on our cup run instead of Aaron asham. Or him keeping up with and cleaning up for patrick.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It’s a sad time around here. Simmonds was an awesome player that gave his absolute everything every game. He truly wants to win. That’s a rare thing in pro sports. It should be valued bc it’s what pushes a team to win. I’d make a horrible GM, but I’d love if they brought Simmonds back this summer. Wayne Train says it all. The guy was a force.

Thanks for everything Simmer! I’ll still wear your jersey to games. Crush it in smashville!

Actually it isn't. He produced for many years and played hard and through insane injuries but he was a mediocore hockey player at best the last two seasons. The pathetic return is evidence of his decline. Maybe he will come back after he is fully healed from his injuries.

I don't see him getting a big contract this offseason. Teams are finally getting wiser.

Get bent. No place for this in here. Players get injured. They have surgeries. They recover. G did. Ghost did. Maybe simmond will maybe he won’t we will see. I think he scores 30 on a good team next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad