Pre-Game Talk: Washington vs SENS, Thursday 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
As of right now, he's our 6th Dman, and that's without Karlsson or Chabot in the lineup. Maybe he stays in at the expense of Wideman or Claesson when Karlsson comes back. And maybe he stays in should/when Chabot is called up, but his hold on that spot is certainly tenuous.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Maybe he'll play on the top line.

Reactions: BonkTastic

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I still believe wholeheartedly, though I'm sure there are people on HFSens that would disagree with me, that we don't go as far in the playoffs as we did last season, if Boro didn't get injured and thus forced out of the lineup.

Speak the truth Patty...if Borocop is out there trying to make arrests, he ends up reprimanded by the higherups for two minute segments and likely lose a few close games. Hopefully Boucher plays him as little as possible.

Either way, Caps are a team on the decline and are quite, quite beatable. This is one of the few cases (and garbage Detroit next Saturday) where I am quite confident in stating: "We got this."

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Speak the truth Patty...if Borocop is out there trying to make arrests, he ends up reprimanded by the higherups for two minute segments and likely lose a few close games. Hopefully Boucher plays him as little as possible.

Either way, Caps are a team on the decline and are quite, quite beatable. This is one of the few cases (and garbage Detroit next Saturday) where I am quite confident in stating: "We got this."

Decline they may be in, but they are still a good team, and we are a team without Karlsson. I have no confidence in this team against anyone without Karlsson. Not to say we can't win, but I aren't confident against any team in the league without the best player on the planet on the ice.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Glad Wilson is suspended for this game. Last thing we need is another injury. ]

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
ottawa_senators_wallpaper_by_bigelover88-d3gwq4r.png

I was looking for a new desktop image on google and found this dope wallpaper if anybody needs a new Sens one to celebrate the season opener.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah, someone take BonkTastic's mouse away from him.

He's on a Like spree no mortal should be forced to endure.

I tried looking for the like button, but it appears as though I can't like my own posts; travesty of justice I say... If you don't even like yourself, who can you like. Kinda depressing if you ask me.

Reactions: NyQuil

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Boucher was saying on the radio that Pageau is not on the wing but Thompson will take draws on the left side. They don't even really conceptualize as lw/c/rw. More as F1, F2, F3. First man back is generally expected to take the down low duties.

Makes sense I guess. Center duties are really just who takes the faceoff in that case.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
A nice cherry on top of finally starting the season would be to have Nathan Walker make his debut against us. Been following him since well before he was drafted and I'm oh so psyched to see him crack the Caps roster.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Makes sense I guess. Center duties are really just who takes the faceoff in that case.
People should remember that when they say we are missing a #1C ... what it really means is we are missing a really good forward with the skill/size/strength/speed profile normally found in a #1C.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
People should remember that when they say we are missing a #1C ... what it really means is we are missing a really good forward with the skill/size/strength/speed profile normally found in a #1C.

What's interesting is this flies in the face of those saying that Centers have more defensive responsibility, and thus are more valuable. It also suggests that in our system, a winger should get equal consideration for the Selke. #stoneforselke

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
What's interesting is this flies in the face of those saying that Centers have more defensive responsibility, and thus are more valuable. It also suggests that in our system, a winger should get equal consideration for the Selke. #stoneforselke
Face off numbers will always play a big role in winning the Selke though and that'll never come for Stone when guys like Bergeron are gods in the dot at the front of the conversation.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
If Dorion knew what the hell he was doing, we'd have him on our roster right now.

Just need to build a package around Ceci, Ryan Dzingel and a 2nd.

Hell no from a Sens fan perspective.

We don't need Auston Matthews, we already have Brown/White as Young talented center of near Matthews caliber. Also, that would be a marginal upgrade. So no thanks

Just think about the hole at D it would create. we cannot afford a hole like that

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
As of right now, he's our 6th Dman, and that's without Karlsson or Chabot in the lineup. Maybe he stays in at the expense of Wideman or Claesson when Karlsson comes back. And maybe he stays in should/when Chabot is called up, but his hold on that spot is certainly tenuous.

Yep this is totally reasonable.

I’m hopeful that things will work themselves out when Karlsson returns to the lineup. But as of right now I’m a little worried about Boro being our 6th dman.

Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad