Pre-Game Talk: Washington vs SENS, Thursday 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I look forward to Ovechkin coming down the wing against Boro. It will be quite fun to watch.
I look forward to Boro being the 6th dman, playing like a 6th dman but still being the whipping boy of this board.

Haha, yeah.

I mean, I'm sure there will be some fair criticism against him this year (the majority of it well earned), but I also am anxiously waiting for the "LOL, Boro can't even contain Alex Ovechkin, what a scrub" comments. Like, he's not the only one guilty of that.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I wouldn't go that far, but I suppose it depends what league we're talking about.

I still believe wholeheartedly, though I'm sure there are people on HFSens that would disagree with me, that we don't go as far in the playoffs as we did last season, if Boro didn't get injured and thus forced out of the lineup.

Reactions: BonkTastic

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Haha, yeah.

I mean, I'm sure there will be some fair criticism against him this year (the majority of it well earned), but I also am anxiously waiting for the "LOL, Boro can't even contain Alex Ovechkin, what a scrub" comments. Like, he's not the only one guilty of that.
Why is boro on the ice at the same time as ovechkin. At home.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I'd love his ugly mug if he were our 7th defenceman.

Pretty much.

All offseason, everyone kept saying that Boro isn’t a problem, he’s just a 7th defenseman, he won’t be a regular in the lineup, etc.

It’s great in theory. But once he becomes a fixture on our defence there are grounds for legitimate concern, in my opinion.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm just glad I can finally say how much I appreciate you bastards here on the board.

Just the best bunch of bastards a poster could ever know.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty much.

All offseason, everyone kept saying that Boro isn’t a problem, he’s just a 7th defenseman, he won’t be a regular in the lineup, etc.

It’s great in theory. But once he becomes a fixture on our defence there are grounds for legitimate concern, in my opinion.

As of right now, he's our 6th Dman, and that's without Karlsson or Chabot in the lineup. Maybe he stays in at the expense of Wideman or Claesson when Karlsson comes back. And maybe he stays in should/when Chabot is called up, but his hold on that spot is certainly tenuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad