Washington should be #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ghost # 1 said:
That's just a small rundown of what some of these hab prospects are all about.

Nice job on the rundown, I fixed 2 things in your post to be correct, hope you don't mind. Lindberg's rights are owned by Hammerby, but he was loaned to Valentuna last year, the worst team in the league (I think they won 3 games all season) where he sometimes faced up to 60 shots according to his father. The team has since been regulated and Lindberg was called back to Hammerby where he should be the starter next season, and hopefully the starter for Team Sweden at the U-20's.

Also your missing guys like

Kyle Chipchura: Big, strong, smart, hard working player. Looks to be a solid prospect, as he is willing to do what it takes to win, plus he has a good base of skills to work with.

Maxime Lapierre: Won't wow anyone with flashy moves, but plays an intense physical game, skates very well, good speed, should have a big year in the Q. Likely a 4th liner in the NHL some day, but has shown a big improvement in his offensive game.

Cory Urquhart: Great shot, passing, stickhandling, good skating, speed, size, a good all round offensive player. Tough to say how he will fare at the next level, as he is as nonphysical as it gets, but he's got a lot of offensive skill.

Corey Locke: 2 time OHL player of the year, 2 time OHL leading scorer, also named CHL player of the year. He's improved his skating and foot speed, but is still very small and will need a few years to continue to improve his foot speed. But great vision and an underrated shot. One of our most gifted offensive prospects, who could surprise many in a few years, as he's been overlooked for his size/skating/speed but the real test will come hopefully next season in the AHL, as high scoring CHLer's aren't all that impressive.

J T Wyman: Not much is known about him, but he had a great year in the USHS, and should get a lot of experience playing in the ECAC. In another year or two, we'll start to see what kind of upside he really has, as the USHS is such a tough league to guage players.

Duncan Milroy: Was a star in the WHL, didn't have a very good rookie year in the AHL, but should have a much stronger season this year as some spots should open in Hamilton. Has a nice shot, and is very smart positionally.

Andrew Archer: Was a solid defensemen in the OHL, struggled to get ice time as a rookie, should get a full time spot in Hamilton next season. Has impressive size, skating, speed, reach, but limited offensive upside. Needs to be more physical, but could develop into a solid NHLer in a few years.

Alex Yemelin: Played in the High league as an 17-18 year old, and racked up the pims (180), from what I hear it was a lot of stick work that got him so many trips to the sin bin. Should hopefully get some time in with Lada of the RSL this year, although he's still several years away, he could be a good one with his physical game.

Mark Flood: Had a solid year on a bad team, after getting moved up to the top pairing, he was very good offensively, plays a smart positional game, skates very well. Not physical though, so the real test will be how he fares at the next level, which could be next season, as he can play in the AHL next season.

As for where the Habs rank, I can't really say since I mostly focus on the Hab prospects, but I know their prospects, and I wouldn't trade our group of prospects for any others. If I had to pick, I'd say the Hawks are #1, but the Caps have AO which no team can boast that kind of talent. I'm not a big fan of some of the other prospects in the Caps system from what I've seen, but with AO they should be 1-2 come next ranking, I would guess.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
montreal said:
I'm not a big fan of some of the other prospects in the Caps system from what I've seen, but with AO they should be 1-2 come next ranking, I would guess.

ONE player should not have THAT much influence on the rankings. I know a lot of people will disagree with that but IMO 1 player is still only one player, it takes a full lineup to win(all the way down to the 4th line and depth players). I don't care if the guy really is the next Lemieux, by himself he is not going to help the Cap's that much(Pittsberg has Lemieux(possibly the best offensive player in the Eastern Conference) and they still had the worst record in the NHL). The Cap's have a pretty mediocre group after AO(in fact, if AO weren't part of the equation the Cap's would probably fall to the middle of the pack(between 13-18)). IMO they shouldn't rank any higher than 5. The Rankings are supposed to be an evaluation of the ENTIRE prospect pool, not just the top 2 or 3 guys.

X-SHARKIE

kimzey59 said:
ONE player should not have THAT much influence on the rankings. I know a lot of people will disagree with that but IMO 1 player is still only one player, it takes a full lineup to win(all the way down to the 4th line and depth players). I don't care if the guy really is the next Lemieux, by himself he is not going to help the Cap's that much(Pittsberg has Lemieux(possibly the best offensive player in the Eastern Conference) and they still had the worst record in the NHL). The Cap's have a pretty mediocre group after AO(in fact, if AO weren't part of the equation the Cap's would probably fall to the middle of the pack(between 13-18)). IMO they shouldn't rank any higher than 5. The Rankings are supposed to be an evaluation of the ENTIRE prospect pool, not just the top 2 or 3 guys.

Agreed, but the rest of the Capitals system is no joke. Ovechkin is a franchise player and well be one of the best hockey players in the league for years, that amounts to alot....
Caps also have great goaltending depth, not the best in the league but I would say top 5. Ouelette, Stana, Daigneault.
They also have some defenseman that I really really like. Oscar Hedman was a great pick, as was Lepsito, two steals at there respective draft selections. Schultz has big upside, but he's hard to watch, a big lug in the skating department, but you can't deny his upside, although I didn't like the pick, with guys liked David Bolland around. Shaone Morrison is another good one that I like alot. But Mike Green is the really gem of this unit...I think he was a top 20 worthy pick last year, they were lucky to get him...He's going to be a Scott Hannan like prospect IMO.
Eric Fehr is going to be a force as the 2nd line center. His skating is underated, his two way game is great, and he is a very mature player.
They also aquired some good prospects in the past year, Tomas Fleischman has always impressed me at the WJC's, although not quite as much as fellow Czech Jakub Klepis. Aulin was also a stout pick up.
Overall I could go on, I still think Jonas Johansson is going to come threw and be a player. Brooks Laich is going to be a very hard nosed tough to play against player that well be very important to this franchise and well be a hot comodity in the league.

I would say they have the #1 prospect system....although it took them 7 picks in the last 3 years to achieve this :/

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
X-SHARKIE said:
Agreed, but the rest of the Capitals system is no joke. Ovechkin is a franchise player and well be one of the best hockey players in the league for years, that amounts to alot....
Caps also have great goaltending depth, not the best in the league but I would say top 5. Ouelette, Stana, Daigneault.
They also have some defenseman that I really really like. Oscar Hedman was a great pick, as was Lepsito, two steals at there respective draft selections. Schultz has big upside, but he's hard to watch, a big lug in the skating department, but you can't deny his upside, although I didn't like the pick, with guys liked David Bolland around. Shaone Morrison is another good one that I like alot. But Mike Green is the really gem of this unit...I think he was a top 20 worthy pick last year, they were lucky to get him...He's going to be a Scott Hannan like prospect IMO.
Eric Fehr is going to be a force as the 2nd line center. His skating is underated, his two way game is great, and he is a very mature player.
They also aquired some good prospects in the past year, Tomas Fleischman has always impressed me at the WJC's, although not quite as much as fellow Czech Jakub Klepis. Aulin was also a stout pick up.
Overall I could go on, I still think Jonas Johansson is going to come threw and be a player. Brooks Laich is going to be a very hard nosed tough to play against player that well be very important to this franchise and well be a hot comodity in the league.

I would say they have the #1 prospect system....although it took them 7 picks in the last 3 years to achieve this :/

If AO weren't in the picture I would put the BLUES system over the Cap's in a heartbeat, and they're ranked 22nd(although they should make a HUGE jump in the next rankings). The CAP's have some DECENT prospects in their system, but outside of AO they don't have much that warrants a Top 10 spot, much less a top 2 spot.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
kimzey59 said:

Well when you consider how few prospects make it to the NHL and out of those how few play for the team that drafted them -- then how few make any impact, it makes sense to put a lot of influence in one single "super prospect". You can be sure Ovechkin will play in Washington and if he doesn't he will get them a large return. I'll take one AO-type prospect over 3 guys who project to be third-liners because maybe only 1 or 2 of those third-liners makes it to the dance. Not to mention the fact I'd rather have 1 superstar than 3 third-liners who actually are in the NHL.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Rob Paxon said:
Well when you consider how few prospects make it to the NHL and out of those how few play for the team that drafted them -- then how few make any impact, it makes sense to put a lot of influence in one single "super prospect". You can be sure Ovechkin will play in Washington and if he doesn't he will get them a large return. I'll take one AO-type prospect over 3 guys who project to be third-liners because maybe only 1 or 2 of those third-liners makes it to the dance. Not to mention the fact I'd rather have 1 superstar than 3 third-liners who actually are in the NHL.

That's not what I'm talking about. Let's just compare my Blues with the Cap's. In the Blues system we have 5 forward prospects that project as 1st line forwards(Shkotov, Sejna, Zakharov, Soderberg and Backes), the Cap's have 1(AO). Are you really telling me that 1 superstar is better than 5 legit 1st line forwards? I'm sorry, but a team with HIGH END DEPTH should beat out a team with 1 Superstar type forward. Washington does not have hardly ANY depth outside of AO(Washington is a 2 player system: AO and Ouellete). IMO they shouldn't get the top spot based on 1 or 2 players. The rest of the prospect pool needs to be taken into consideration and, sorry, Washington doesn't have much outside of AO and Ouellete. That fact should be taken into consideration when figuring up the rankings.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
In what world are Shkotov, Sejna, Zakharov, Soderberg and Backes legit first liners? I doubt even 2 of those guys will turn into second liners.

SwOOsh*

dem said:
In what world are Shkotov, Sejna, Zakharov, Soderberg and Backes legit first liners? I doubt even 2 of those guys will turn into second liners.

Exactly... he's probably basing what he says on HF's rankings. He sees an 8 and then feels that they are going to become 1st line players.

SwOOsh*

kimzey59 said:
That's not what I'm talking about. Let's just compare my Blues with the Cap's. In the Blues system we have 5 forward prospects that project as 1st line forwards(Shkotov, Sejna, Zakharov, Soderberg and Backes), the Cap's have 1(AO). Are you really telling me that 1 superstar is better than 5 legit 1st line forwards? I'm sorry, but a team with HIGH END DEPTH should beat out a team with 1 Superstar type forward. Washington does not have hardly ANY depth outside of AO(Washington is a 2 player system: AO and Ouellete). IMO they shouldn't get the top spot based on 1 or 2 players. The rest of the prospect pool needs to be taken into consideration and, sorry, Washington doesn't have much outside of AO and Ouellete. That fact should be taken into consideration when figuring up the rankings.

Yes we definetly only have a two player prospect pool

3. Eric Fehr, RW

4. Jared Aulin, C

5. Tomas Fleischmann, LW

6. Maxime Daigneault, G

7. Rastislav Stana, G

8. Shaone Morrisonn, D

9. Jakub Klepis, C

10. Mike Green, D

11. Nolan Yonkman, D

12. Oscar Hedman, D

13. Brooks Laich, C

14. Boyd Gordon, RW

15. Johnny Oduya, D

16. Jeff Schultz, D

17. Jonas Johansson, RW

18. Owen Fussey, RW

19. Sami Lepisto, D

20. Jakub Cutta, D

Wow terrible :shakehead

HabsBaby18*

I did not read the other post so If it was already discuss , than just refer me to the post who it as been taught .... St-Louis have some really good prospects with the new Top 20 rankings (four 8 and many 7 )... Where should they be ranked ? They seem to be way better than the caps ? Anbody have an idea

Last edited by a moderator:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
SwOOsh said:
Yes we definetly only have a two player prospect pool

3. Eric Fehr, RW

4. Jared Aulin, C

5. Tomas Fleischmann, LW

6. Maxime Daigneault, G

7. Rastislav Stana, G

8. Shaone Morrisonn, D

9. Jakub Klepis, C

10. Mike Green, D

11. Nolan Yonkman, D

12. Oscar Hedman, D

13. Brooks Laich, C

14. Boyd Gordon, RW

15. Johnny Oduya, D

16. Jeff Schultz, D

17. Jonas Johansson, RW

18. Owen Fussey, RW

19. Sami Lepisto, D

20. Jakub Cutta, D

Wow terrible :shakehead

Don't get me wrong, you have a few good prospects in there, but besides ovcheckin and your goalies, there's no one who really stands out as being an offensive force among your forward, although I am intrigued by Fehr, the jury is still out on whether Aulin can stay healthy, fleischmann is a prospect who was traded by the Wings and they're usually good at intergrating their young players, Klepis is a player that has been traded twice even before playing an NHL or AHL game, Brooks Laich and Boyd Gordon project as defensive forwards more than anything, I do like Johansson though...

If you compare your forwards vs. the Habs or Hawks, I think the Hawks and Habs come out on top everytime

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
X-SHARKIE said:

It's all about how you look at it, which is why I don't feel rankings add up to anything important. After AO, I don't think their goaltending depth is impressive. I felt Oueltte was overrated in philly and never wowed me in the AHL but he's clearly skilled. Stana I only saw in the NHL and couldn't get a good read since their defense was poor. Daigneault could be a good one, can't say I find him impressive but skilled.

I really like the Hedman pick from what I've read, as I've never seen him. Sounds like a great pick though. Lepsito however I would be concerned about his size/strength, but time will tell for sure. Schultz is an interesting prospect, I'm not all that high on him as his skating from the little I've seen are very good. Morrison seems to have some skills and Green is an interesting prospect although some scouts from ISS felt his physical game is overhyped although I don't see too many WHL games out east.

Also David Bolland is a Hawk no?

Fehr sounds very interesting though. Fleischman however I didn't find all that impressive in the wjc's (in the 3 games I saw anyways), while he showed some skills he looks like he'll need to get a lot stronger imo. Klepis I didn't find to impressive during the wjc's as well, but then again not many on the Czech team impressed me outside of Kasper. (Hudler was good but was too busy diving all over the place) Johansson I do like although he'll also need to improve his strength imo. Laich I like a lot as he should be a good 3rd liner, Gordon should also be a solider 3rd liner, although I like Laich better.

All prospects can be precieved different ways, there's no doubt the Caps have some impressive top end prospects and depth, but imo in no way are they clear cut #1, and I think there's a few teams who are all up there and in not better, not too far behind, but then again it's all how you look at the players. It's rare that many people have seen half of the prospect of every NHL team, so it's tough to say what teams rank where.

AG9NK35DT8*

goalienut said:
I think the Caps should be #1 in prospect rankings. Heres there prospects compared to Montreal.
1. Ovechkin>Kostsitsyn
2. Ouellet>Danis (goalies)
3.Fehr<Perezhogin
4.Aulin-Pleckanec
4.Aulin<Higgins
5.Fleischmann-Hainsey
6.Daigneault>>Halak
7.Stana>>>Heino-Lindburg
8Morrisonn>Chipchura (i live in Prince albert and have watched Chipper play)
9Klepis-Hossa
10Green>Urquhart
11Yonkman<<lapierre
12Hedman-Bryne
13Laich-Korneev
14B.Gordon>Lambert
15Oduya<Locke
16Shcultz<Korpikari
17Johansson-Yemelin
18Lepisto>Wyman
19Cutta<<Milroy
20Bourque<Ferland
21Salonen>Grabovski
22Werner>Eneqvist
23Fussey>Stewart
24Valdix>Archer
25Robertson>Flood
26 Yunkov>Shasby
must be a cap fan, figures, cause u have ovechkin u guys suddenly have the best prospects. if u are to make a thread make one using common sense, not just from a fan perspective

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
goalienut said:
I think comparing Mon & Wash is very sensible. They are very even in my opinion. I am sorry I forgot Higgins and the main reason I gave some of the caps an edge is that I don't know the potenial and skill of some of these guys. Ghost 1 knows the habs prospects and I know the caps prospects. I'll edit my first post accordingly.
Any objections feel free to say.

Hey it's all good goalienut, I like your guys stable of prospects as well (they are very intriguing) and like you said, I'll know my hab prospects much more than the caps (Kinda goes with the territory of being a Hab fan I guess ;) )

Yeah, our big thing about our farm is not so much the top end (I.E. we don't have a guaranteed franchise lpayer like Ovechkin) but we do have a slew of very talented Blue-Chippers, which was what IMO probably propelled us to the top ranking here 1 year ago.. I completely agree that the Capitals should in fact pass us in the new rankings, you guys had an amazing draft, I really like the Mike Green pick, he IMO will be underrated for a while until teams get a feel for him (probably until he reaches the AHL)... I was really hoping he'd still be there in the second, and Bob (Gainey) would work his magic and get him for us... He was one player (other than Chipchura, and another missed prospect Seitsonen) that I really hoped donned our jersey on draft day... Oh well, as a fan, 1 out of 3 isn't bad :D

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
montreal said:
Nice job on the rundown, I fixed 2 things in your post to be correct, hope you don't mind. Lindberg's rights are owned by Hammerby, but he was loaned to Valentuna last year, the worst team in the league (I think they won 3 games all season) where he sometimes faced up to 60 shots according to his father. The team has since been regulated and Lindberg was called back to Hammerby where he should be the starter next season, and hopefully the starter for Team Sweden at the U-20's.

Also your missing guys like

Kyle Chipchura: Big, strong, smart, hard working player. Looks to be a solid prospect, as he is willing to do what it takes to win, plus he has a good base of skills to work with.

Maxime Lapierre: Won't wow anyone with flashy moves, but plays an intense physical game, skates very well, good speed, should have a big year in the Q. Likely a 4th liner in the NHL some day, but has shown a big improvement in his offensive game.

Cory Urquhart: Great shot, passing, stickhandling, good skating, speed, size, a good all round offensive player. Tough to say how he will fare at the next level, as he is as nonphysical as it gets, but he's got a lot of offensive skill.

Corey Locke: 2 time OHL player of the year, 2 time OHL leading scorer, also named CHL player of the year. He's improved his skating and foot speed, but is still very small and will need a few years to continue to improve his foot speed. But great vision and an underrated shot. One of our most gifted offensive prospects, who could surprise many in a few years, as he's been overlooked for his size/skating/speed but the real test will come hopefully next season in the AHL, as high scoring CHLer's aren't all that impressive.

J T Wyman: Not much is known about him, but he had a great year in the USHS, and should get a lot of experience playing in the ECAC. In another year or two, we'll start to see what kind of upside he really has, as the USHS is such a tough league to guage players.

Duncan Milroy: Was a star in the WHL, didn't have a very good rookie year in the AHL, but should have a much stronger season this year as some spots should open in Hamilton. Has a nice shot, and is very smart positionally.

Andrew Archer: Was a solid defensemen in the OHL, struggled to get ice time as a rookie, should get a full time spot in Hamilton next season. Has impressive size, skating, speed, reach, but limited offensive upside. Needs to be more physical, but could develop into a solid NHLer in a few years.

Alex Yemelin: Played in the High league as an 17-18 year old, and racked up the pims (180), from what I hear it was a lot of stick work that got him so many trips to the sin bin. Should hopefully get some time in with Lada of the RSL this year, although he's still several years away, he could be a good one with his physical game.

Mark Flood: Had a solid year on a bad team, after getting moved up to the top pairing, he was very good offensively, plays a smart positional game, skates very well. Not physical though, so the real test will be how he fares at the next level, which could be next season, as he can play in the AHL next season.

As for where the Habs rank, I can't really say since I mostly focus on the Hab prospects, but I know their prospects, and I wouldn't trade our group of prospects for any others. If I had to pick, I'd say the Hawks are #1, but the Caps have AO which no team can boast that kind of talent. I'm not a big fan of some of the other prospects in the Caps system from what I've seen, but with AO they should be 1-2 come next ranking, I would guess.

Thanks Montreal ;)

I don't mind at all, I am glad you enjoyed my post... I've enjoyed so many of yours I'm glad to have at the very least reciprocated here.

I did forget that H-Lindberg was on loan to Vallentuna... :blush: I think it did a lot of good to his game from the noise he is making now... I am still in shock that he shut out the American Jr's though, I honestly didn't think he had that kind of goaltending in him... :eek:

goalienut

Jun 16, 2004
PA, Sk.
www.freewebs.com
Ghost # 1 said:
Hey it's all good goalienut, I like your guys stable of prospects as well (they are very intriguing) and like you said, I'll know my hab prospects much more than the caps (Kinda goes with the territory of being a Hab fan I guess ;) )

Yeah, our big thing about our farm is not so much the top end (I.E. we don't have a guaranteed franchise lpayer like Ovechkin) but we do have a slew of very talented Blue-Chippers, which was what IMO probably propelled us to the top ranking here 1 year ago.. I completely agree that the Capitals should in fact pass us in the new rankings, you guys had an amazing draft, I really like the Mike Green pick, he IMO will be underrated for a while until teams get a feel for him (probably until he reaches the AHL)... I was really hoping he'd still be there in the second, and Bob (Gainey) would work his magic and get him for us... He was one player (other than Chipchura, and another missed prospect Seitsonen) that I really hoped donned our jersey on draft day... Oh well, as a fan, 1 out of 3 isn't bad :D
I live in Prince Albert and I get season tickets every year so I can tell you about them
Chipchura is a banger with alot of heart. He really improved IMO from last year. To tell you the truth I really didn't notice him at all in his rookie year, but last season he had a really strong first half but got injured and was never the same.

Seitsonen has tons of skill, it just needs to be channelled a bit more. He was inconsistent in his 1rst year in North America. There were times when he looked like a 1rst or 2nd round draft pick but sometime he would be invisible for games at a time. One thing he does well is backcheck. He definetly has the skills so I think he will really improve this year.

Dane Byers is one player that really shocked me. I never noticed him at all this year or last year. He is a good guy in the corners but has very little offensive abilty. I don't he will ever be a regular.

Evan Schaefer is a rock solid D-man that will really do good in Florida. He checks, he fights, He has a big shot (that he doesn't use much), he was a good player for PA last year.

Need any other Raider scouting reports ask me

Ryan O'Byrne

Jul 17, 2004
Ontario
This shows how they would line up against each other.
Maybe this will help because it shows were the teams are stonger and weaker.It also show how much depth Washington added this last draft.

nr=not rated
*= just drafted
-------------------- LW----------------
Alexander Ovechkin *---vs---- Chris Higgins
Tomas Fleischmann ---vs--- Marcel Hossa
Pasi Salonen * --nr-----vs--- Michael Lambert
---------------------vs --- Mikahail Grabovski *
----------------------vs --- Danny Stewart
-----------------------vs --- Christian Larrivée
---------------------vs--- Jimmy Bonneau
---------------- C-------------------------
Jared Aulin ---vs--- Tomas Plekanec
Jakub Klepis ---vs--- Kyle Chipchura *
Brooks Laich ---vs--- Cory Urquhart
Josh Robertson ---vs--- Maxim Lapierre
Andreas Valdix ---vs--- Corey Locke
Andrew Joudrey ---vs--- Johan Eneqvist
Chris Bourque *--nr--vs-------------------------
Mikhail Yunkov *--nr-vs-----------------------
Travis Morin *--nr-vs--------------------------
-------------- Rw-----------------------
Eric Fehr --------vs--- Andrei Kostsitsyn
Jonas Johansson ---vs--- Alex Perezhogin
Boyd Gordon -- ---vs--- J.T. Wyman *
Owen Fussey -- ---vs--- Duncan Milroy
Peter Guggisberg * ---vs--- Jonathan Ferland
Steve Werner --- ---vs--- Gregory Stewart *
Patric Blomdahl -----vs--- M-A Thinel
Andrew Gordon *--nr---vs-----------------------

------------------- D-------------------------
Shaone Morrisonn ---vs--- Ron Hainsey
Mike Green * ------vs--- Ryan O'Byrne
Nolan Yonkman ---vs--- Konstantin Korneev
Oscar Hedman* ---vs--- Oskari Korpikari
Johnny Oduya ---vs--- Alexei Yemelin *
Jeff Schultz * ----vs--- Andrew Archer
sami Lepisto * ----vs--- Jean-Philippe Cote
Jakub Cutta - ---vs--- Mark Flood
Clayton Barthel * ---vs--- Matt Shasby
---------------------vs--- Ryan Glenn
---------------------vs---Tomas Linhart
----------------------vs---Jon Gleed *
-----------------------vs--- Alexandre Dulac-Lemelin *
--------------------------vs---Rene Vydareny
--------------------------vs---Mark Streit * nr
-------------------G---------------------
Maxime Ouellet------- vs ------- Yann Danis
Maxime Daigneault---- vs -------Jaroslav Halak
Rastislav Stana------ vs -------Chris Heino-Lindberg
Justin Mrazek *--nr------ vs -------Loic Lacasse *
---------------------vs--- Olivier Michaud

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
goalienut said:
I live in Prince Albert and I get season tickets every year so I can tell you about them
Chipchura is a banger with alot of heart. He really improved IMO from last year. To tell you the truth I really didn't notice him at all in his rookie year, but last season he had a really strong first half but got injured and was never the same.

Seitsonen has tons of skill, it just needs to be channelled a bit more. He was inconsistent in his 1rst year in North America. There were times when he looked like a 1rst or 2nd round draft pick but sometime he would be invisible for games at a time. One thing he does well is backcheck. He definetly has the skills so I think he will really improve this year.

Dane Byers is one player that really shocked me. I never noticed him at all this year or last year. He is a good guy in the corners but has very little offensive abilty. I don't he will ever be a regular.

Evan Schaefer is a rock solid D-man that will really do good in Florida. He checks, he fights, He has a big shot (that he doesn't use much), he was a good player for PA last year.

Need any other Raider scouting reports ask me

Cool :D I'll keep that in mind... I am in Barrie, but didn't payheavy attention to them last season... We did have Volchkov :banghead: He really was something else while he was here, Bulis as well.. Dan Tkachuk was probably the best Colt out of them all, plus a few other interesting names (Crombeen, Danton, Keefe, Skoula off the top of my head)... I think he would have really turned out to be something if it weren't for the concussion problems he had, he really was a great player here...

I gotta say for a watch out from the Barrie organization perspective, is their former Captain Eric Reitz (he's a Minnesota Prospect) He's a very tough defenceman, who had a cannon of a shot from the point, and decent vision... If I was a GM, I'd trade for his rights any day, he just has that drive to be something... He was also named the Colt who gave the most to the community (on top of his accomplishments). He is an underrated prospect IMO who should some day skate with the big boys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad