Washington should be #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalienut

Jun 16, 2004
PA, Sk.
www.freewebs.com
I think the Caps should be #1 in prospect rankings. Heres there prospects compared to Montreal.
1. Ovechkin>Kostsitsyn
2. Ouellet>Danis (goalies)
3.Fehr<Perezhogin
4.Aulin-Pleckanec
4.Aulin<Higgins
5.Fleischmann-Hainsey
6.Daigneault>>Halak
7.Stana>>>Heino-Lindburg
8Morrisonn>Chipchura (i live in Prince albert and have watched Chipper play)
9Klepis-Hossa
10Green>Urquhart
11Yonkman<<lapierre
12Hedman-Bryne
13Laich-Korneev
14B.Gordon>Lambert
15Oduya<Locke
16Shcultz<Korpikari
17Johansson-Yemelin
18Lepisto>Wyman
19Cutta<<Milroy
20Bourque<Ferland
21Salonen>Grabovski
22Werner>Eneqvist
23Fussey>Stewart
24Valdix>Archer
25Robertson>Flood
26 Yunkov>Shasby

Last edited:

Vic Rattlehead*

How can you compare Morisonn and Chipchura when one's a defenceman and the other is a forward?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I think Montreal has more depth in forward position overall but yes Washington should dislodge Montreal after their good draft year.

sundaystar

Feb 13, 2003
Canada
Visit site
goalienut said:
I think the Caps should be #1 in prospect rankings. Heres there prospects compared to Montreal.
1. Ovechkin>Kostsitsyn
2. Ouellet>Danis (goalies)
3.Fehr-Perezhogin
4.Aulin>Pleckanec
5.Fleischmann-Hainsey
6.Daigneault>>Halak
7.Stana>>>Heino-Lindburg
8Morrisonn>Chipchura
9Klepis-Hossa
10Green<Urquhart
11Yonkman<<lapierre
12Hedman-Bryne
13Laich>Korneev
14Gordon-Lambert
15Oduya<Locke
16Shcultz<Korpikari
17Johansson>Yemelin
18Lepisto>Wyman
19Cutta<Milroy
20Bourque-Ferland
21Salonen>Grabovski
22Werner>Eneqvist
23Fussey>Stewart
24Valdix>Archer
25Robertson>Flood
26 Yunkov>Shasby
there is a definet caps victory

let me guess, caps fan :shakehead

CH Wizard

sundaystar said:
let me guess, caps fan :shakehead

No he's right.Montreal fall in the ranking a little because of the good Washington draft and Chicago draft.Montreal is top 5-10 IMO now.Caps are number one , he's right on all but Aulin isn't a better prospect then Plekanec imo.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
In the poll section everyone voted to rank the teams. I think the Rangers were 7th, is that a fair assesment?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
If the triple H (Hossa, Hainsey, Higgins) or the double P (Perez, PLeks) make the team, Mtl's prospect ranking should go way down.

goalienut

Jun 16, 2004
PA, Sk.
www.freewebs.com
Vlad The Impaler said:
Caps have a better pool of prospects right now than Montreal.

I however disagree that Aulin is a better prospect than Plekanec.
The main reason is that he has a little more size and potenial. Why do you think plekanec is better.

db23

No shame in slipping down in the prospect rankings. It usually means that players are moving up into the NHL and that you aren't finishing near the bottom of the league.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
db23 said:
No shame in slipping down in the prospect rankings. It usually means that players are moving up into the NHL and that you aren't finishing near the bottom of the league.

This might be the most reasonable post you've ever made. :D

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
If the triple H (Hossa, Hainsey, Higgins) or the double P (Perez, PLeks) make the team, Mtl's prospect ranking should go way down.

and if Montreal plays that many rookies, their playoff hopes will too.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I'm not really sure as to why this was phrased as a Montreal-Washington debate to begin with... presumably just going by the February 2004 HF rankings, which will likely be updated around in the same time in 2005. Still, I'd probably place Chicago, Pittsburgh and Washington up there in the top three, in no particular order. No reason to prompt an argument, though. The three teams' farm systems are close in both depth and quality, and so far away from making an impact. A lot can change over time.

As for Montreal, they slip only because they have had some success in integrating a few of their top-end prospects into the lineup, which is a good thing for franchise health.

X-SHARKIE

I have a problem with this one mainly

Aulin>Pleckanec

Tomas Pleckanec is one of the better forward prospects in the game. Every time I see him he has all the skill to be a 1st liner on the NHL IMO, on top of that he works his A$$ off more then anyone on the ice. He's one of the most underated prospects IMO, and he was a real steal by the Habs. I would take him over Aulin in a heart beat.

HabsBaby18*

thegreatone said:
No he's right.Montreal fall in the ranking a little because of the good Washington draft and Chicago draft.Montreal is top 5-10 IMO now.Caps are number one , he's right on all but Aulin isn't a better prospect then Plekanec imo.

we are in the 5-10 range and we are a playoff team so it's a big + ;)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
X-SHARKIE said:
I have a problem with this one mainly

Aulin>Pleckanec

Tomas Pleckanec is one of the better forward prospects in the game. Every time I see him he has all the skill to be a 1st liner on the NHL IMO, on top of that he works his A$$ off more then anyone on the ice. He's one of the most underated prospects IMO, and he was a real steal by the Habs. I would take him over Aulin in a heart beat.

1st liner? Interesting, I always like Pleaknec and think he's a solid prospect, probably our most NHL ready if you take out Hossa and Hainsey, but I always thought of him as a 2nd to 3rd line player...

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
montreal chose to trade balej over plekanec .. tell you about our high they are on him...
he could replace ribeiro in a near future ... maybe as soon as next year ..
he's in the Ryder mold ... not a lot of press .. but skilled and hard-worker..
if the montreal organistion give him a chance ... dont even be surprised if he's nominated for the calder like ryder ! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->