OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread Vol 8: The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Positive news all around. Especially Kerrigan. He was a 4-3 LE coming out of college. Now he gets to go back to that position. He has always been solid against the run and that’s what’s expected out of a LE in a 4-3. Will allow flexibility along the front whether they draft Young or they don’t.

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Well this has some merit and some stupid all wrapped up together. Kiper say you let them battle it out (DH and Tua) and if Haskins is better you trade Tua. Thats simple horseshit. Having two consecutive first round picks "battle it out" is a dreadful plan. First, neither of them get full reps, so both get stunted. Second, whoever loses, their trade value plummets, or have we forgotten Josh Rosen already? Third, who is their mentor, the 3rd stringer, some grizzled vet who never started for anyone? Alex Smith? Would be entertaining to see Smith, Tua and Haskins all on one depth chart. Only the Redskins.

If they want to take Tua, they should trade Dwayne immediately, for a 2nd rounder or whatever they can get and anoint Tua their guy. You cannot play this "QB Competition" nonsense with the #17 and #2OA picks, that won't work.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
What are Doug Gottliebs Red skins sources?

Haskins has mechanics problems, he has playbook problems and he has maturity problems. The people who are privy to the entire portrait of the player are gonna make the call as to whether or not he should be treated as a franchise qb or something less so. If it’s the latter, they need to explore this draft in regards to upgrading qb.

It’s pretty straightforward. If Tua or some other player is perceived as a significant upgrade you take said player 10 times out of 10. The salary cap, draft capital etc go right out the freaking window. Strength at the position is the holy grail of the NFL. It always has been and it always will be.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Mel Kiper is nuts. There's no way that Washington doesn't choose Young, not with Rivera and Del Rio there. They're going to build a scary defense. As for Haskins, he has issues, but they're correctable. The fact that there's a coaching staff that wants to work with him is a plus. I think Scott Turner could be a very good influence on Haskins. Rivera also had a great interview today talking about Haskins and Rivera spoke glowingly of him. Why is that a big deal? Look at last year when the Cardinals were talking about Josh Rosen. They did not speak glowingly about him at all. There's a difference. The coaching staff genuinely like Dwayne. Rivera was right. People need to relax.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wow. I’m experiencing Mel Kiper mind meld. This is pretty much verbatim what I’ve been saying all offseason.

that must be terrifying....lol.

My biggest fear is they’re going to pass on Tua and we’ll regret it.

I really hope Rivera has the autonomy to take Tua if he grades as high as some think.....(including health).

Just hope there’s a real honest evaluation done instead of a cursory glance at Tua.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
that must be terrifying....lol.

My biggest fear is they’re going to pass on Tua and we’ll regret it.

I really hope Rivera has the autonomy to take Tua if he grades as high as some think.....(including health).

Just hope there’s a real honest evaluation done instead of a cursory glance at Tua.

Help me Ron Rivera; you’re my only hope...

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Just read the skins won’t let Trent talk to other teams about trades

Trying to figure out a reason why they would....

I bet they’re willing to renegotiate, but are not bending over for him. Dude is under contract and has shown nothing but bad faith in response to whatever grievances he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad