OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 7: The Offseason/Bruce Allen Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
If there’s any chance for this franchise to cease its interminable slid into irrelevance, then Manusky and Allen need to be out of their jobs tomorrow

Reactions: Corby78

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Wait why would we wait for a GM after the draft.

We really should be trading everyone not on a rookie contract

Franchise Sherif and trade him
Trade Trent and Kerrigan
Cut Alex Smith and Norman
Trade Jordan Reed or force him to retire

Reactions: Beef Invictus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What's Garrett's status in Dallas? 8-8 and miss the playoffs, Jerruh can't be pleased.

I'm in the camp that believes Danny boy is moving quickly to land a target before some other teams lure the big names away. Especially potentially Dallas. Snyder doesn't want to wait to see what Jones does.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wait why would we wait for a GM after the draft.

We really should be trading everyone not on a rookie contract

Franchise Sherif and trade him
Trade Trent and Kerrigan
Cut Alex Smith and Norman
Trade Jordan Reed or force him to retire

Maybe the big surprise is giving Rivera co-responsibility for football ops, kind of like Shanahan.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
In response to the last Julia Donaldson tweet, the only way Danny could get a coach like Rivera to take the job is to agree to giving total control of the football side of the organization.

This could either be the defining moment in the resurrection of the franchise or be an utter failure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Shanahan had final say too. :confused:

Absolutely. So did Gibbs and Schottenheimer.

Gibbs let Danny play along and Gibbs got an average team to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years. Schottenheimer wouldn’t let Danny play alone and he lasted 1 year. Then Shanahan. Not a positive track record under Danny.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So if Rivera gets full control, does he have any experience in that? Kinda curious since he is an average to slightly above average coach (from most non-redskins writers I've read) not sure about his GM level. I'll be honest, this smells like a desperate snag at a known name as fast as possible to not look like a clown show organization. I also would like to know who these "out of organization football" people were that were giving dan all this advice.

Reactions: Bananas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad