OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 6: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who do you want to be the new Redskins coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Remember when it was thought Zorn and the Bingo Caller was rock bottom?

You know things are bad when Keim is disillusioned.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
It’s pretty simple: if Haskins goes 1-6 or 0-7 over the last seven games and you wind up with a top 2 draft pick, you draft a QB.

Reactions: DrewGl

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
probably will, since Danny picked him.

This is the significant part. Danny picked him. That means unless a new GM is hired who demands, and gets, full control the chances the Skins use a top 5 pick in 2020 on a QB are slim to none.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Not sure if we were watching the same game yesterday. Good pocket awareness, for the most part, is the only thing Hask had going for him.

And now is the exact right time to play Hask. The team needs to see if he can play. If he makes noticeable improvement week by week to see if he can be developed or if they have to go in another direction at QB. Or at least that’s what competent organizations would do.

Yeah, I like his pocket presence. A guy with a poor feel for the pocket doesn't glide out and fling a 65+ yard pass on the run.

When I think of poor pocket presence, my go-to example is Joe Flacco. There is a guy who will stand still in exactly the same place and not give himself or his blockers a chance.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What coach is going to want to come here if Haskins closes out the year without any significant development?

"Here, we got a project QB for you ALL ready to go". Vunderball.

Seriously we are looking at rookie coach or someone coming out of retirement. Or, moar Callahan.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Eric Bieniemy will be the next HC. The connection to Snyder's new BFF, Alex Smith, and Bieniemy being an offensive coach are prime factors. Smith is under contract next year and if he can resume his career he would make the ideal mentor to Hask, in the eyes of Snyder, and would start as Hask develops, IMO.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well let's think about it for a second. Snyder is probably not tanking for a pick. It's against his nature. But he's also not trying to salvage the season.

Signs point to playing out the string for someone who may be available after this season. Otherwise, if his target were available he'd have him on the field already.

That means someone he's already talked to outside the NFL (like an analyst on TV) or an assistant coach somewhere. The brother of the guy he just fired came out of the booth to coach a Raiders team back from the dead. He may be looking at a Billick or Cowher.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
You guys need to step OFF the Haskins ledge. Honestly. This bashing is SO NOT FAIR.

He’s got no weapons
He’s got a poor O-Line
He’s got Callahan as an HC
He’s started all of TWO games
He’s involved in a terrible culture
He’s being thrust into a leadership role
He’s only started 15 games total since HS

look, Snyder and Allen are easily (and I honestly mean ..... really easily) the worst Owner/GM pairing in all of North American Pro Sports. BY FAR.

But that’s not Haskins fault. It’s WAY TOO SOON to be making any judgements on this guy. He cares, he wants to get better, and he works hard.

And @Capsman — weren’t you the guy that wanted to pigeon hole him into being Jamarcus Russell? Before he’d even started a game?

You’ve been massively negative on this poor kid since day 1. I don’t see any objectivity here. At all.

I loathe Dan and Bruce. LOATHE. But don’t paint poor Haskins with their filthy dirty ugly brush.

Then why has Keenum played so much better than Haskins with the same exact variables?

Don’t get me wrong, Redskins are one of the most shit franchises, but let’s NOT polish a turd. Haskins is absolute trash.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
I see a QB who has all the tools to succeed if developed right. For instance, considering his overall lack of experience, he has a great feel for pressure in the pocket...it comes naturally to him. But he needs a lot of development, so his ideal situation would probably have been getting drafted by a team with the luxury to let him sit behind a veteran for a few years. It isn't his fault that Danbag lusted for him. It isn't his fault we are going to ruin him. I feel bad for him and I regret the whole situation.

They must be working on his throwing mechanics or something. I watched a good amount of OSU with him and I do not remember him handcuffing receivers at the insane rate he did today.

On another note Guice made it through an entire game! And played well!

Why hasn't Manusky been fired! WHY! Seriously! What the greasy buttslime is this!? How can he be employed????

Manusky and Allen need to have their careers put down.

SophisticatedGregariousElephantseal-size_restricted.gif
I see a QB who has all the tools to succeed if developed right. For instance, considering his overall lack of experience, he has a great feel for pressure in the pocket...it comes naturally to him. But he needs a lot of development, so his ideal situation would probably have been getting drafted by a team with the luxury to let him sit behind a veteran for a few years. It isn't his fault that Danbag lusted for him. It isn't his fault we are going to ruin him. I feel bad for him and I regret the whole situation.

They must be working on his throwing mechanics or something. I watched a good amount of OSU with him and I do not remember him handcuffing receivers at the insane rate he did today.

On another note Guice made it through an entire game! And played well!

Why hasn't Manusky been fired! WHY! Seriously! What the greasy buttslime is this!? How can he be employed????

Manusky and Allen need to have their careers put down.

SophisticatedGregariousElephantseal-size_restricted.gif
What tools?!? His mechanics are terrible, he can’t remember the play book, poor decision making, poor ball placement, and shitty attitude. Are these tools you’re referring to?

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What tools?!? His mechanics are terrible, he can’t remember the play book, poor decision making, poor ball placement, and ****ty attitude. Are these tools you’re referring to?

These are all things that can be improved. But yes, I am sure if you ignore any positive trait that he has, things would look bleak to you.

What shitty attitude?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Eric Bieniemy will be the next HC. The connection to Snyder's new BFF, Alex Smith, and Bieniemy being an offensive coach are prime factors. Smith is under contract next year and if he can resume his career he would make the ideal mentor to Hask, in the eyes of Snyder, and would start as Hask develops, IMO.
I’d be fine w Eric Bieniemy. Loved watching him at Colorado back in the day, and he seems very highly regarded.

My FEAR is Todd Bowles. Same ex Redskin thing and was discussed once Jay G got the ax. That would not be who I want. At all.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
These are all things that can be improved. But yes, I am sure if you ignore any positive trait that he has, things would look bleak to you.

What ****ty attitude?

I’m calling a turd a turd. No matter how much you polish a turd.. it’s still a turd?

No disrespect to you, but Haskins is terrible. He’s the worst QB the skins have fielded the last few years... even that Johnson guy and Mark Sanchez were better and that’s saying something.

Shitty attitude was in reference to the clip where he was yelling at his linemen.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’d be fine w Eric Bieniemy. Loved watching him at Colorado back in the day, and he seems very highly regarded.

My FEAR is Todd Bowles. Same ex Redskin thing and was discussed once Jay G got the ax. That would not be who I want. At all.

I find that I have absolutely no preference for HC. Whether they just roll with Callahan from here on out or somehow hypnotize everyone in Pittsburgh to give us Tomlin, it just doesn't matter. As long as Dan is in charge and he refuses to let this place be run like an adult professional team, nothing will change.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’m calling a turd a turd. No matter how much you polish a turd.. it’s still a turd?

No disrespect to you, but Haskins is terrible. He’s the worst QB the skins have fielded the last few years... even that Johnson guy and Mark Sanchez were better and that’s saying something.

****ty attitude was in reference to the clip where he yelling at his linemen.

Asking his linemen how he can be better is shitty? lol ok. If Brady or Roethlisberger did that it would be hailed as the greatest act of leadership of the season.

I have never said Haskins is good. I have said that raw talent and potential is obviously there. That's because it is. The problem is that it needs a whole lot of developing, and we are not in a situation where that's likely. Nor has this team shown it's very capable of such a feat.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
Asking his linemen how he can be better is ****ty? lol ok. If Brady or Roethlisberger did that it would be hailed as the greatest act of leadership of the season.

I have never said Haskins is good. I have said that raw talent and potential is obviously there. That's because it is. The problem is that it needs a whole lot of developing, and we are not in a situation where that's likely. Nor has this team showed it's very capable of such a feat.

Oh please... you didn’t notice the smug attitude as he was talking to them? Looked like he was placing all the blame on them ,when he’s a hot piece of garbage, rather than being constructive.

Not to mention the boneheaded move of walking of the field on 3rd down cause he can’t even remember what down it’s. Doesn’t seem like a high IQ guy.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
What coach is going to want to come here if Haskins closes out the year without any significant development?

"Here, we got a project QB for you ALL ready to go". Vunderball.

Seriously we are looking at rookie coach or someone coming out of retirement. Or, moar Callahan.
I'm 100% fine with a rookie coach. Maybe it's what this team needs.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oh please... you didn’t notice the smug attitude as he was talking to them? Looked like he was placing all the blame on them ,when he’s a hot piece of garbage, rather than being constructive.

Not to mention the boneheaded move of walking of the field on 3rd down cause he can’t even remember what down it’s. Doesn’t seem like a high IQ guy.

I think you're seeing what you want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig