OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 5: The Nightman Cometh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don’t know what we are going to see.....the DanSkins have become hard to predict. You expect a knee jerk to try and salvage the season....you don’t get it. You expect them to trade for futures since season is over....it doesn’t happen.

What a dichotomy

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
So this has got to be an all-time low for GDT participation, right? People aren't even angry. Amazing.

I would have commented if it wasn’t for the pop ups on this site ****ing up my phone.

This is as bad as I can remember it ever being. Worse than the early days of Norvan Eugene Turner. And that was bad.

Gruden wanted to go with his boy Colt and Colt looked like shit. And it sure looked like the defense quit in the 2nd half. A mid season coaching staff won’t fix shit but heads need to roll. Unacceptable, embarrassing, performance.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This is everything that Dan deserves and I'm loving it. He is the worst.

This should be Dan's plan: fire Jay and Bruce tonight. Promote O'Connell to Head Coach. Trade Trent by the end of the week. Trade any other vet or player over 28 that you can before the trade deadline. Start Haskins the rest of the year and see if he and O'Connell can become a tandem for the organization to build around. Take your lumps with the young guys (because they're going to take a lot more lumps the rest of the year anyway), stockpile draft picks, get the young guys experience, bring in football guys to run the front office, and pray the fans come back at some point.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Trent can’t have much value anymore

Nonsense. He's one of the best LTs in the game. Look at how poorly the Cowboys offense is doing with Tyron Smith sitting on the sidelines. The Redskins should have let Trent get on the plane back to Foxboro with the Patriots and asked them to leave their 1st and 4th round draft picks in return.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

CT knows the end is near.

CT owes a lot to Jay. Jay had faith in him despite a bunch of injuries and without Jay keeping the faith CT likely wouldn't still be in the league.

I think Jay is generally a good dude with a solid offensive scheme. His downfall boils down to three main things: (1) an inability to find a long-term answer at QB (though the bungled Cousins contract situation was out of his control), (2) employing the following guys as his defensive coordinators: Jim Haslett, Joe Barry, and Greg Manusky, and (3) working for Dan and Bruce.

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
CT owes a lot to Jay. Jay had faith in him despite a bunch of injuries and without Jay keeping the faith CT likely wouldn't still be in the league.

I think Jay is generally a good dude with a solid offensive scheme. His downfall boils down to three main things: (1) an inability to find a long-term answer at QB (though the bungled Cousins contract situation is out of his control, (2) employing the following guys as his defensive coordinators: Jim Haslett, Joe Barry, and Greg Manusky, and (3) working for Dan and Bruce.

He may be a good guy but he stinks at defense and his offense is over rated. He can’t manage a game, has no idea how to prepare, and doesn’t make good halftime adjustments. On top of it all, he doesn’t have the chops to stand up for himself. He is a yes man that was hired to do a job over his head. Nothing more.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is everything that Dan deserves and I'm loving it. He is the worst.

This should be Dan's plan: fire Jay and Bruce tonight. Promote O'Connell to Head Coach. Trade Trent by the end of the week. Trade any other vet or player over 28 that you can before the trade deadline. Start Haskins the rest of the year and see if he and O'Connell can become a tandem for the organization to build around. Take your lumps with the young guys (because they're going to take a lot more lumps the rest of the year anyway), stockpile draft picks, get the young guys experience, bring in football guys to run the front office, and pray the fans come back at some point.

Of course, Snyder is incapable of this.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

This sounds far too logical and for that I'm going to guess it doesn't happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad