OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 2 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Just the type of mis-information that would make Bruce and LiL Danny bet the farm to move up to 3 to get Haskins.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hack Dan's youtube history if you want to predict his pick.

I think he will trade up and the reach on a QB he could have taken later, or put on his big boy pants and pretend to be a real GM, and draft Jonah Williams an OL from Alabama.

Heh just saw this:

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
A positive about the Redskins, I am fully expecting them to take a Caps first round loss and make it seem like a minor issue tonight. I would much rather be complaining about tweaking a solid team because we stumbled in the playoffs then what the Redskins have.

I'm not completely buying the Snyder is running the first pick, I'm agreeing with Czaban that its a ploy to mess with Arizona. But any trade up for a QB or drafting of Haskins and I will know that the decision was made by somebody who knows nothing about football.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I was trying to think who to compare him to. Good pull

He ran a 40 slower than Tom Brady

Can’t throw the long ball

Hearing urban Meyer crap on him saying he’s five years away from being in NFL ready. Please just no

System QB if ever was one

We can only hope that Dave Gettleman saves us from ourselves. He needs a QB as much as we do.......maybe his "master" plan is to takea D stud at #6...and then trade up from #17 to #14 and take Haskins.

Please oh please oh please

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
We can only hope that Dave Gettleman saves us from ourselves. He needs a QB as much as we do.......maybe his "master" plan is to takea D stud at #6...and then trade up from #17 to #14 and take Haskins.

Please oh please oh please

Smoke prior to the draft suggests the G-men want Eli Manning's step brother, Daniel Jones. It is just smoke though.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Sounds like they’re entertaining all kinds of scenarios. I will restate my preference from last draft that they get OL and front 7 guys early - unless someone incredible drops in their laps. Also, prefer trading down and stockpiling picks as opposed to moving up.

Next year is the year to go all-in on a QB. This year is another year to build depth and put the team in position to dominate trenches. A team that’s strong on OL, DL and rushes the passer would kill it with a talented young QB.

They should be aiming to really compete in 2020 unless their D is ahead of schedule. If Collins + Foster + 15OA makes them into a top 5 defense they can (and will) win with Keenum at QB a la Minnesota. Then they can trade massive assets to jump order next year and get a blue chipper. If they D is still not ready to ascend or the coaches can’t get enough out of them they can tank a season and simply draft high next year.

As much as the Monikers are mostly dead to me they have a golden opportunity to really turn this roster around over next two drafts.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
ESPN reporting that Dan & Bruce like Haskins, others are trying to convince them to take Jones

What the hell have they been doing the last couple months. Other teams are trying to execute plans and work deals to get done what they want, we still don't know what we want to do. What I wouldn't give to see Snyder and Doug arguing on the way to the podium. What an ass-clown show the Redskins are.

Reactions: RandyHolt

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
So I have barely been paying attention this offseason. Skins fans: what are you hoping will happen tonight? I have no idea what to root for.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
So I have barely been paying attention this offseason. Skins fans: what are you hoping will happen tonight? I have no idea what to root for.

I'd be happy with one of either edge rusher, ILB or secondary at 15 but I don't expect that. All the smoke points to a QB taken somewhere in the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad