OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 2 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Crimson Skins, or Red Tide, would seem like good name choices for us. O/U on Bama players we draft this year.... set at 1.5. I will take the over.

Sep 19, 2008

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I think it's a pretty big indictment on the Redskins. They are the biggest market with the fewest number of prime time games.
Atlanta also has only 2 primetime games. Oakland as well (but they share their market, obviously).

Meanwhile the Packers get 5, proving that the quality of the team and its fanbase trumps all else.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Atlanta also has only 2 primetime games. Oakland as well (but they share their market, obviously).

Meanwhile the Packers get 5, proving that the quality of the team and its fanbase trumps all else.

Atlanta is interesting. According the Census stats the DC Metro Area is 6.2mm (6th largest in the country) while Atlanta is 5.8mm (9th largest). Valuation wise, in 2018 the Redskins were 5th at $3.1bn and the Falcons were 13th at $2.6bn. So, yeah, Atlanta is a comparable market to DC but not as large or as valuable (according to Forbes).

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Atlanta is interesting. According the Census stats the DC Metro Area is 6.2mm (6th largest in the country) while Atlanta is 5.8mm (9th largest). Valuation wise, in 2018 the Redskins were 5th at $3.1bn and the Falcons were 13th at $2.6bn. So, yeah, Atlanta is a comparable market to DC but not as large or as valuable (according to Forbes).
I was going by the TV market numbers
List of United States television markets - Wikipedia

DC is 6th and Atlanta is 10th, but the difference in actual numbers is quite slim (2.48M for DC, 2.34M for Atlanta).

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
If they’re challenging for a top-2 pick, 2 prime time games might be generous...

They really don’t deserve any prime time games based on their past performances on prime time and the joke that is Dan Snyder’s era of ownership. But LiL Danny is the toady of significant NFL owners like Jerry Jones. So LiL Danny gets thrown 2 prime time games because he’s been a good little boy all these years.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The lack of prime time games is only going to hurt our best case scenario tanking for a QB in yet another win now season.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I listened to the latest edition of JP's podcase with Chris Simms this morning. They talked about QB's in this years draft including Rosen. Simms and JP went on about what QB's would fit Gruden's system and style (Murray, Lock, Rosen and Stidham), those that wouldn't (Haskins and Jones) and other QB's who were categorized as 2nd day or back ups (Grier :(). Simms also mentioned that he felt Lock was one of the top 3 QB's in the draft and, surprisingly, said Jones from Duke shouldn't be drafted in the 1st round.

Then shortly after I finish listening to the podcast JP replies to a tweet Simms puts out about his most recent mock draft:

Not only does Simms have the Skins taking a QB he just said wouldn't be a good fit for Gruden's offence, and shouldn't be taken in the 1st round (Jones), at 15 but he doesn't have Lock being taken in the 1st round by anyone.

If you needed proof these mock drafts put out by NFL pundits is complete horse **** well here is exhibit A.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Urban Meyer said on the radio that the QB draft class is bad and they are 4-5 years away from developing.
Pretty damning for Haskings when your coach shits on you.

I think that happened to Matt Barkley and he turned out to be a huge bust

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Urban Meyer said on the radio that the QB draft class is bad and they are 4-5 years away from developing.
Pretty damning for Haskings when your coach ****s on you.

I think that happened to Matt Barkley and he turned out to be a huge bust

Pete Carrol said something similar about Mark Sanchez.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
We don’t want or need prime time games. Esp after that debacle last year after the foster signing.

Reactions: Corby78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad