OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 2 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not worried about prime time games. Glad there are few. Get mad when your team is good and being disrespected. Skins deserve nothing based on record.

Sep 19, 2008
Chris Cooley came on the John Keim podcast today. Pretty good podcast. Would recommend for anyone listening to that kind of stuff.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

My wife bless her heart was about 8 seats away from Kerrigan there in that shot, same row.

When they show him on the Jumbotron, she’s like “booo a Redskin, whooo cares?!”. People around her were giving her a look and she finally realized he was about 20 feet away. I’m like, “he’s their one good guy!”.....lol.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Been looking at some mock drafts. Lots of them have us trading up for a QB that is falling. Lots of Haskings rumors.
If we trade our 1st rounder next year with our projected bad team. I’ll be so mad.

Just look at the 2014 draft when the Rams had 1.2 from the RG3 trade.
It was one of the deepest drafts I can remember we would’ve had a chance to pick Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, OBJ.

And to add salt we traded 2.2 to Dallas For what turns out to be their best player DeMarcus Lawrence.

Our first pick of the draft turned out to be Trent Murphy who is not even around anymore

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I get the sense that QBs importance to a franchise has never been more obvious, and thus expect a run on QBs, causing Bruce into a panic, and he trades up.

Here is my take. Many first rounders flop. You don't have a QB. If you really want someone, ignore the YOU HAVE TO TAKE BPA regardless of team needs directive, and at least try to get QB sorted out. Unlike the Skins, refusing to even take a stab at developing one. Watch us take a guard. Yes our guard Scherff is a stud but he is not a game breaker that a 6 overall could be.

All i know is that this was supposed to be a weak QB draft, yet am getting vibes that they are going to be flying off the board. I will predict blindly 5 will go in the first round.

WalterFootball.com: 2019 NFL Draft: Quarterback Rankings

Last edited:

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

Incompetence. They rushed him in hopes that they would somehow make the playoffs.

Edit: could also add negligent

"What happened was when he had the injury we were aggressive trying to get him back on the field so fast we didn’t give it time enough to heal the right way so they went back in and did a small procedure to make sure that thing is on track to be full strength by the season," Gruden explained at the NFL League Meetings in Arizona last month.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I refuse to believe they’ll be so dumb as to trade up for Haskins, or any QB.

I believe it’s possible they could do it. They are delusional enough to the point they tried to rush back Colt McCoy, of all people, in the belief he could get them into the playoffs. Anything is possible so long as LiL Danny owns the team.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
EB this am was saying he was getting info on the skins, but couldn’t discuss on air. They talked over break about it and mused wishing they could say what it is.

Said it was “good”, but EB commented that he “hates that organization sometimes”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad