OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 1 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The thing is, you only have to do it once for a QB. After you have a long term top-5 player at QB it opens up an endless supply of options moving forward. 2020 is rife with QB prospects and our veteran QB, Smith, is most likely on the shelf in 2019. It’s as if life has provided The Rascist Monikers with an all-too-obvious chance to better their long term situation.

Of course Micro-P and Co will botch it because they are clearly a pack of dimwitted, weirdly arrogant *******s.

Once.....(INSERT MASSIVE) “IF”.......they get it right and pick the right QB.

They’ve got 30 years of bad track record going against them doing even that....

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Top 5 QB's are hard to come by and not always obvious on the day they are drafted.

- Tom brady (2000 - 6th Round)
- Drew Brees (2001 - 2nd Round)
- Ben Rothlisberger (2004 - 1st Round)*
- Phillip Rivers (2004 1st Round)*
- Aaron Rodgers (2005 1st Round)
- Andrew Luck (2012 1st Round)*
- Russell Wilson (2012 3rd Round)*

Then there are the majority of the 31 other teams trying to draft a top 5 QB as well. Thats why letting Cousins go was a debacle of epic proportions. For all his faults, and there are a lot, a properly constructed team can win with a QB like Cousins. The Giants did it twice with Eli Manning.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Once.....(INSERT MASSIVE) “IF”.......they get it right and pick the right QB.

They’ve got 30 years of bad track record going against them doing even that....

Yeah but I trust the Skins to pick a Tua-style top three guy WAAAAY more than I trust them to uncover, then develop, some gem. RG3 was the only top 3 QB pick the Redskins have taken in 30 years and honestly he was the closest to being a star. His body got destroyed his rookie year and the rest is history.

Don’t get me wrong I think they should grab a mid round QB this year as well. Essentially you pull no punches until you have someone you really love under center. Best chance for that is most likely 2020. This year the only guy worth trading up for is Haskins. Even still he probably be the fourth QB taken if he came out a year later. This year is basically Haskins and a bunch of dart throws imo...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah but I trust the Skins to pick a Tua-style top three guy WAAAAY more than I trust them to uncover, then develop, some gem. RG3 was the only top 3 QB pick the Redskins have taken in 30 years and honestly he was the closest to being a star. His body got destroyed his rookie year and the rest is history.

Don’t get me wrong I think they should grab a mid round QB this year as well. Essentially you pull no punches until you have someone you really love under center. Best chance for that is most likely 2020. This year the only guy worth trading up for is Haskins. Even still he probably be the fourth QB taken if he came out a year later. This year is basically Haskins and a bunch of dart throws imo...

So basically you’re saying the 2020 guy needs to be a 100% no brainer, then he has to be able to succeed in Toxic City....certainly not foolproof.

I’m skeptical as f*** with Snyder and Allen.

When was the last time it was 3 franchise QB’s deep at the top of a draft?

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We are so ripe to tank, but there is not a snowballs chance in hell Bruce is smart enough to take a year off.

In his defense, Fedex field will likely be destroyed by opposition NFC East fans this upcoming season if we deliberately and openly tank. Another year of the leagues worst game day experience will have ramifications.

Nor is he smart enough to tank. He'd try to be the Penguins...we'd get Edmonton.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
So basically you’re saying the 2020 guy needs to be a 100% no brainer, then he has to be able to succeed in Toxic City....certainly not foolproof.

I’m skeptical as **** with Snyder and Allen.

When was the last time it was 3 franchise QB’s deep at the top of a draft?

I’d say that if they draft number 1 in 2020 there is a 50+ percent chance that they solve QB for a decade or more. At worst we’d get to watch a high-end talent fail.

Ultimately, The Racists have to get a young QB. Hopefully the one they wind up with is extremely good. If not they’ll have to do it over again - which is why it makes sense to go after the most highly touted prospect possible.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
They really need to tank. This draft id really like to see them fortify the offensive line with at minimum 2 picks at least one being before the first compensatory pick. An edge rusher with speed for the love of god. The defense is sorely missing someone who sets that edge with speed. Kerrigan and Preston Smith are similar players and think about how good everyone else can look when they have an extra half to full second less to defend. Doesn’t need to be the first rounder but it’s worth investing in imo.

Grabbing a wide out in the first two rounds to get them ready and a full season ahead before the new QB steps in would be beneficial. A corner with the first could also make sense though not a serious need. The top two corners in this draft are blue chip guys and getting one of them wouldn’t be the worst. Esp is they somehow get Landon Collins.

Reactions: Corby78

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

That and we didn’t ask him if he could read a defense. He was never going to be a pocket passer even if he stays healthy.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
That and we didn’t ask him if he could read a defense. He was never going to be a pocket passer even if he stays healthy.

And they didn't ask him if he knew how to slide.

And they didn't ask him if he would refuse to run the offense his couch created specifically for his skill set.

And they didn't ask him if a 4th round altar boy from Michigan would make him feel insecure.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Bottom line is the only reason to tank in the NFL is to grab a QB - or if your season is already well off the rails. Once you have a QB there is no real incentive to tank unless you’re having a truly abysmal year already, kinda like where the Skins were when they stupidly beat Jacksonville last season.

QB is the only prerequisite for long term success unless you get your hands on a coach like Joe Gibbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig