OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 1 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Way too early prediction:

Wk1: @ PHI - LOSS
Wk2: DAL - LOSS
Wk3: CHI (MNF) - LOOOSSSSSSSSS
Wk4: @ NYG - WIN
Wk5: NE - LOSS
Wk6: @ MIA - WIN
Wk7: SF - WIN
Wk8: @ MIN (TNF) - LOSSSSSSSOSOSOSSSS
Wk9: @ BUF - LOSS
Wk10: Bye
Wk11: NYJ - WIN
Wk12: DET - WIN
Wk13: @ CAR - LOSS
Wk14: @ GB - LOSS
Wk15: PHI - LOSS
Wk16: NYG - LOSS
Wk17: @ DAL - WIN

6-10

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Yeh 6 wins seems like a lock looking at the schedule We will probably fight to the brutal and to go eat in eight instead of tanking like we should

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Way too early prediction:

Wk1: @ PHI - LOSS
Wk2: DAL - LOSS
Wk3: CHI (MNF) - LOOOSSSSSSSSS
Wk4: @ NYG - WIN
Wk5: NE - LOSS
Wk6: @ MIA - WIN
Wk7: SF - WIN
Wk8: @ MIN (TNF) - LOSSSSSSSOSOSOSSSS
Wk9: @ BUF - LOSS
Wk10: Bye
Wk11: NYJ - WIN
Wk12: DET - WIN
Wk13: @ CAR - LOSS
Wk14: @ GB - LOSS
Wk15: PHI - LOSS
Wk16: NYG - LOSS
Wk17: @ DAL - WIN

6-10

It feels like a script to me. They start off cold, an expected muff in Philly, maybe with a tough loss to Dallas, but a typically embarrassing MNF drubbing by the Bears. That gets the "Fire Gruden" chatter going for sure.

Then they somehow beat NYG and the controversy begins. Everyone expects a massacre at the hands of the Patriots, but they keep it close for 2-3 quarters before losing by 3 scores (I think this has happened in recent years). Everyone is confused because the record is crap, but hey they almost beat Dallas, always suck on MNF historically, and looked good for a while vs the Pats.

There is the inevitable oasis of overconfidence that comes with beating struggling teams as they manage wins vs the Fins and Neeners, and then...AN ICEBERG. The hype surrounding the TNF battle between Cousins and his former team (who have won 3 of their last 4 and can reach .500 with a win) will overwhelm Gruden and Friends, causing vapors among the DC media and fanbase. Losing to the Bills right before the Bye will drive everyone to complete madness.

But fear not, another oasis awaits as the Jest and Loins await on the other side of the break, and suddenly there's that habitual self-delusion that comes with the territory. 5-6 idn't so bad, is it? There's still hope, right?

No there is not. The next 3 games are against possible playoff teams who do not f*** around with Redskins and their nonsense. Even the NYG find a way to twist the knife and get revenge for an earlier loss. Gruden seems to be a dead man walking.

Then, the final cruel trick, a win in Dallas...just to twist that knife another turn and screw with the minds of conflicted Washingtonians who were secretly hoping for Gruden to seal his own fate, not make a saving throw at the last.

What happens next is anyone's guess. What's the most Redskinny thing possible after a 6-10 season like that? Letting Gruden go and hiring some insane replacement? Giving him another contract? I'm sure it will be entertaining at least.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Early NFL win totals I like: Mike Clay's projections for all 32 teams

The Redskins have a solid offensive line in place, but it's otherwise tough to find a position in which they stand out. New QB Case Keenumcompleted 62 percent of his passes (10th-worst) and posted a 6.6 yards per attempt (sixth-worst) last season. The Washington defense was top-10 in interceptions and sacks last season, and though they added Landon Collins, the Redskins lost Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, Preston Smith and Zach Brown. The Redskins are currently projected to select second overall in the 2020 draft.

Projected wins:

Pick:
Under

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We will coin flip games like we did last year, run run short pass, bend don't break D, eeking out 6 wins. We got the coaches and vet QBs to do it. Heck by continually drafting Alabama players alone, will keep us from getting a top QB in the 2020 draft.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hmm, controversial team name in Redskins, on a team full of Crimson Tide.

I think I see a solution here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad